triple O, Overworked, On call and------Weds 18th

Comments

• Old Northampton plod think they're all David Baily. In 1999 they issued 8,000 speeding tickets. A year later, after they'd got in to photography, they issues 80,000!

Calm... Calm... I am a rational human being... They are not out to get me...
  • Do you and Miss Fussy-Pants talk out loud to one another, Cath?
  • V-rap -- Oh no V-rap - she rules the house most days [snigger] she's only allowing tomato soup and cheese toasties at the moment!
  • Glenn and I have just got back from a great run. Class Act - hour and a half, really showed our Pedigree.
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    >>Cough.<<Yes, quite a session Nick. Can hardly concentrate on my work I'm so exhauasted.

BBB, Redcar is north of Whitby and therefore back in civilisation.
  • V-rap -- just realised what you meant, I was talking about the following

mr: do you want chips..?
    me: no
    mr: do you want chinese..?
    mr: do you want KFC..? (usually off-limits)
    mr: do you want pizza..?
    mr: what the hell DO you want..?
    me: I don't know

[innocent blink]
  • BBB - you did read that right, I've managed to pesuade a few of my leeds running friends to give it a go too. When do they take entries from?

I'm also doing the GNR too.

Glenn - not sure I like you anymore, still if my house valuer stops being an bast**d then I might be moving north of whitby (why whitby)
  • Nick - not sure I'm familiar with the Class Act, did it used to be the Red Lion?
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Tulip. Because what I think of as "the North" has stopped by then and becomes something else. Newcastle is not "the North". Scotland is definitely not "the North".

And everywhere (nearly) has exceptions. I like Edgbaston in Birmingham. The waterside in Liverpool. The yuppie apartments in Manchester. The university in Leeds. The balti in Wolverhampton.

>>deletes reference to Scunthorpe<<
  • I remember those conversations from early pregnancy days - being ravenous but feeling sick at the thought of any specific food.

I remember being unable to walk down the pet food aisle in the supermarket because I kept heaving at the smell of the meat that was in the cans.
  • Tulips it will be good to see you in Redcar (us northerners need to stick together).
    Glen what about the glorious peak district? Most of Wales? The Yorkshire dales? The Lake District? and very dear to my heart the unspoilt 'trough of Bowland'? Beautiful country and all up North...what do you southeners have? Oh yeah the new forest.... fields and ponys :-)(its fight time!)
    Tulips I would imagine they normally take entries from January. The race is run by Redcar and Cleveland council. I will look out for the website/e-mail address and post it when I find it.
    Being my usuall disorganised self I normally turn up on the day.
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    BBB, I don't mind the countryside. It's the towns I can't stand!! :-)

How much of Wales is north of Leicester btw?
  • It must be all those chimneys, cloth caps, wippets and pidgeons flyin about that does it. :-)
  • I wish I looked more like a matchstick man!
  • Glenn, didn't you read your last runnersworld? Leeds has the second most parkland of any european city per head. And living on the edge of roundhay park and only a stones throw from both the city centre and north leeds countryside I think I should be able to stand that!

Oh yes and theres our beloved group of thugs, by that I mean leeds united.

Will we see you in redcar? One of our running group suggested a swim afterwards, in the sea ofcourse - brrr
  • Hey BBB, my whiooit doesn't fly nor does my ferret, where did you get yours?
  • that was meant to be whippit not whiooit
  • Tulips so your whiooit does fly, then?
  • yup, it can do loop the loops and everything
  • Hi all
    Got a letter from SW today, same as Dolly, thanks but no thanks try again in 2004. Hope I have a Gold Bond entry else where will know in a couple of days depending on the post.
    Doctor is allowing me to travel again so I am going down to Blackpool to see my children and grandchildren on Friday back Saturday. Can't wait as I now can take them their pressies. Have booked the train so hope all goes well. Doc also says I can built up my walking a bit more now and was quiet pleased that I was walking 3 miles ok.
    2nd interview tomorrow morning for job. Fingers crossed. If I can get this then it means I wasn't technically unemployed because although old firm paided my off while in hospital they paid me until 31/12 so it would just be a change of job.
  • Good luck with the interview tomorrow, Speedy! And well done with the walking.

Shame about the FLM, but you'll have plenty of time to train for 2004 now. And I hope you're coming on the Moonwalk marathon with the FFF team in May!

Bon voyage. Did you find good pressies for the grandchildren?
  • Speedy - good luck, fingers well and truely crossed for you.

v-rap, I was enjoying that magnet post.
  • Bah. SS gets a rise out of me every time!
  • Dolly/Speedy - good luck with your entries.

Email me if you still have no joy & if Hope for Children ( www.hope-for-children.org ) is the sort of charity that will motivate you to get through all the training & I'll see what I can do - or do it in 2004 with me

Nick
  • Thanks all
    Sorry can't come on the Moonwalk although I did look at it but I am going on holiday the day before for 2 weeks so that ruled that out.
    Ended up buying a popcorn maker, a remote control car,Scooby Doo video and little stocking fillers.
  • Hope they make you some popcorn, Speedy! I'm still tempted to get the popcorn maker for Tinkerbell.

• SpeedyG and Dolly, sorry you didn't get in the FLM. I'm still pondering a gold bond place but am concerned about the amount they want. By the time I make up my mind I suppose all the places will have gone anyway.

V-rap, I laughed my little socks off on the magnets thread! You must get Tinkerbell the popcorn maker - such fun.
  • Good luck with the interview, Speedy and have a good trip to Blackpool.

Time to go home, chums. Me and alto sax are off to see The Two Towers tonight, so I'll see you in the morning.
  • fast forward 27/12 10.30 am

"daaaaad, tell her, she's interupting me when I'm making popcorn"

"darling, please don't do that"

"but she told me to"

"yes well please stop now and go into the sitting room & leave your sister alone"

"daaaaaaaaaaaad, tell her, she eating my pop corn and she hasn't washed her hands after she went to the toilet and all her germs are on my food and it's my pop-corn maker - oh it's not fair you always take her side I hate you all" [leaves popcorn maker running, sugar all over side, stomps upstairs, knocks over potted plant, slams bedroom door]

tee hee
  • Go one V-rap get her one. I bet it will be good fun.
    Yes Nick I know the scene well, been there, done it, wore the teeshirt but Hey i'm the grandma and I can go home and leave mum and dad to the fights and mess. He he.