Nike Free

Comments

• Just had my first run in a pair of 4s and felt great - had intended to go only for a couple of miles, expecting muscles to tire, but went on for 6.5 and felt great throughout. Surprised as I run offroad on sometimes quite pebbly tracks so expected to be hopping around a bit, but really couldn't be happier.

The good news is that there doesn't seem to be any heel fabric to tear. The bad news is only one insole, hope it lasts.

I'm a mild-moderate overpronator, found it difficult to find trainers which give me support whilst not giving me blisters under the arch. But if these shoes haven't given me any lower leg problems after a couple of weeks (and I must say I can't see them doing so) I reckon I'll be wearing Nike 4s everywhere apart from weddings!
  • I ran for 3h in my 4's. Legs feel they have had a hard workout today. Lovely shoes!
  • I went to footlocker yesterday and the womens versions arn't selling well so they are reduced to £19.99. Mens are still full price.
    Has anyone else found that they seem a bit long. Even the size smaller still seemed to be long in the foot. My big toe is about an inch from the end. It doesn't seem to be a problem walking round teh house but I don't know if it will affect my running. Also does anyone wear socks with them as I feel like I will get blisters on the arch as they are rubbing already
  • I went to Foot Locker on Saturday and managed to get a pair of 5.0's in men's size 8 for £29.99 (although they were priced at £39.99 for some reason)
    Sales person tried to convince me to buy them in Black because 'they look nicer' even though I told her they were for running in! Typical....
  • Did a marathon in my (ripped) 5.0s yesterday, and took nearly 20 minutes off my PB. No blisters, no rubs, feet feel really good.

Heel pocket aside, I really, really love these shoes.
  • Well done Manx!

Corndoll, I wear them with socks.
  • Yup, far too sweaty without socks!
  • Just wanted to say thanks for the FootLocker info - even if their service makes JJB's look good.

Womens £19.99 and mens £29.99. Ignore the price tickets - the womens were priced at £29.99 and the mens at £59.99.

For anyone in central London, having walked up and down Oxford Street, I can confirm that the branch nearest Bond Street tube has the best range of sizes - very little left in the branch nearer Tottenham Court Road.
  • Anyone still waiting for them from Nike ID - any news???
  • Received an e-mail saying that they have finally been sent to the distribution centre in the last few days.
  • They should be with you about 5-7 days after that e-mail Londoner. Mine were anyway.
  • Hot Tub Alci - I can't believe you still haven't got them? Have they offered you a discount?
  • I like my frees, but the fabric at the back has now torn. Can you still get them exchanged without the receipt? (can't find it anywhere).
  • One question for the Nike rep. Are there any Women specific racing flats? I've tried loads of other trainer makes, I really don't understand it myself but Nike seem to be the only ones I can use without causing me foot problems. I have looked on a few websites but can't find any.
  • Sorry to dip into this thread.

For Nike rep (Notts/Derby area), any chance you could email me your contact no.

The Nike/Bowerman site I don't find very useful.

Thanks.
  • OK this was in this morning mail box ......

Thank you very much for your e-mail.

Regarding your question, please find here below how the situation occurred.
    Your pair of Nike iD Free 5.0, **********, placed on 06/06/05, was manufactured ontime, but failed in our strict quality check.

We had to ask the factory to re-produce the shoes again in order to meet your expectations and our high quality standard.

This however caused a delay to deliver your Nike iD product ontime and according to the estimated delivery date.

We are sorry we couldn't meet your expectations, the Nike Free turned out to be a major issue with regards to the manufacturing process.

The delay affected all the Nike Free 5.0 orders that were placed during the last two months.

Lately we have reviewed the situation and we have offered our customers a 10% discount + free shipping cost, which we will adjust automatically ourselves in our system.

The shoes are now manufactured and left the factory for our distribution center on the following dates: 11th, 12th and 15th of August.

Again we apologize for the delay and we thank you for the understanding.

Should you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact us again.

With kindest regards,

2 Months and 2 weeks and still counting - Fantastic service
  • Anyone tried using these with a foot pod? (I have the Polar S625)
  • I havent as I still actually have any JB, but I cant see any reason why they wouldnt work
  • anyone ever had shin trouble after running in these? I did 7m yesterday and hurt a bit today - the same pain as I got running in knackered trainers a few weeks ago.
    (just trying to identify the aggravating factor here - not casting any stones!)
  • JEvaNsJEvaNs ✭✭✭
    Sniff sniff!!
    I can see a potential rip threatening in the material pockets of mine!!!

So am now being extra careful when they go on and off, but I know it is going to go at some point.

And just to confirm - there isn't much point in going in for the iD service at the moment.....?!?! You would have thought if a pair of shoes are made especially that they would easily pass quality standards.... I wonder if the heel pocket ripped...?!!!!!!

By the way - I can't see anything on the Nike site about the 4.0's - can anyone help me out here???
  • The problem appears to be solved as orders are finally about to arrive, many weeks late. Shouldn't happen again with a new order - I think it was one (large) batch that got messed up. Nike outsources their manufacturing to another company, so they didn't really know where people's orders were because they weren't doing it themselves.
  • Jen, I have a pair of 4s, only been running in them for a couple of weeks now but very keen. I haven't tried a pair of 5s, but as far as I can gather the 4s are different inasmuch as they have a velcro strap rather than laces, and come with only one insole (pimpled, don't know if barefoot runners were sliding around in the 5s?). I bought mine from sportsshoes.com for £48

I thought at first there was no heel fabric to tear, but comments from others earlier in the thread lead me to believe I'm talking rot - obviously I haven't properly followed what the bit of fabric looks like. Mine hasn't torn yet anyway, 2 weeks and counting...!

HTH, any queries feel free...
  • Anyone received their shoes from NikeID that were caught in the manufacturing problem? Got the e-mail saying that they had left the factory 7 days ago and no sign yet...
  • Well Londoner I sent them an email this morning cancelling the order - SO cant be bothered to wait any longer. Last email I had said they were being sent on the 12th and 13th etc.
  • It is pretty crazy. I'm tempted to cancel, but also still hoping that they might arrive tomorrow ... or the next day ... or the next ...

This can't have been good for the old Nike PR can it? Not only the long delay but the exceptionally poor customer communication to let us know what's going on.
  • Found receipt and now have shiny new pair!

Bad side is the ones I bought are now in the sale at £20 quid in footlocker, I paid £60. Oh well!
  • Had confirmation back this morning of order being cancelled Londoner. I beat they still hadnt made them anyway or they would have tried to keep the order = saying it was only a few days away ??
  • I have had mine quite a while and the material on them jsut ripped today, going to try and get a replacement.