Nice Little Runs in Sutton Park

Comments

• Ooh, it's all sounding very organised. Let's hope the 8th one goes so well.

Peaceman - I did the 7 pools run too. Really enjoyed it! Much prefer multi-terrain running to pounding the concrete!
  • Sounds like I'll mostly be running with anthon a. I'm a 9-10 pace and the last three runs I've done have been 6 milers, so I could push myself a bit and do the 7 mile route.

Last mile might be a fast walk though!
  • please place your orders
    1st May
    ----------
    anthony a :
    Running Caz : glass of ribena
    Prue:
    Des Beans:
    ShropsSaddler: pint of lime and soda for starters please (no ice)
    Peaceman:
  • aa - trying todestroy my good reputable name? RIBENA indeed ;-)

Not sure if I can make pub? Well I can but will have to bring my 2 little treasures with me so can only do it if weather is good and we can sit outside.

• The ewather forecast now says 21-22C and either sunny intervals or cloudy. Either way, sitting outside seems on.
  • :-) pub it is then :-) However, like their mum the two mini Caz's are great talkers, so be prepared :-)

Prue - you coming and bringing yours too?

• Not having any 'little treasures' myself, what do they do while you're running?
  • My brother's coming along on the 8th now too.

1st May
    ----------
    anthony a (9-10 min miles)
    Running Caz (8-9)
    Des Beans (8-9)
    ShropsSaddler
    Peaceman
    Prue (9-10)ish

8th May
    ---------
    anthony a (9-10)
    Des Beans (8-9)
    Juicer (9-10)
    Mike Beans (10-11)
    Mudlark (10-11)
    Peaceman
    Popsy
    ?lurker
    Prue (9-10)ish

• Wyndley creche :-) :-)
  • 1st May
    ----------
    Running Caz (8-9)
    Des Beans (8-9)
    ShropsSaddler
    Peaceman
    Prue (9-10)ish
    Popsy (9-10)

8th May
    ---------
    anthony a (9-10)
    Des Beans (8-9)
    Juicer (9-10)
    Mike Beans (10-11)
    Mudlark (10-11)
    Peaceman
    Popsy (9-10)
    ?lurker
    Prue (9-10)ish

• Excuse me XFR! What are you doing?

You're not allowed to just pop in and '100' us, unless you're actually coming for a nice little run in sutton park!!
  • I've been for several runs in Sutton Park thank you Juicer.

Can't say much for the company though :-P

;o)
  • Handbags at dawn eh ;-)
  • I haven't got a handbag! It's a vicious rumour after getting that "poof's drink" at the social!

Not my fault they made a simple blokey latte look like a feckin' cocktail!
  • Hi guys!
    Have just stumbled across this thread- I live in Sutton (during the week)-and just wondered if any of you meet up for pre-work runs in the park? I usually stay on the roads cos don't fancy running on my own in the park.
    PS I'm a confirmed plodder- 5h 21 for the FLM!
  • Sorry Kitbit, used to but dont get time now. For what its worth I used to run in the park at 6:00 in the morning twice a week and always felt quite safe (but that might be cos I'm 'ard ;-)). No seriously though, it's great there first thing in morning. You bump into quite a few other runners and the little bunnies hop all around you. I used to love those early morning runs and I really miss them :-(

However, Prue and Juicer often do a wed evening run. Could you do that? Think usually 7-8ish. Prue, Juicer are you there??
  • PruePrue ✭✭✭
    Caz- mini me might be bike riding around the park with me aunti, but will let you know if that changes. If not he'll be joining your 2.

R we gonna go for a 9-10 minute mile pace, i've planned 8+ miles this Sun. So could do the 6 - 7 mile loop then head off 4 a bit. Theres loads of trails, little bracebridge is a nice place to head for at the start...

• Hurrruuummpphhh! Charming, XFR!! That's the last time I invite you out for a run!!

Kitbit - Me and Prue sometimes run on Weds night, but sometimes go the gym. We're a bit chaotic about it all to say the least. I've never had any cause for concern running in the park in the mornings, though haven't done it for a while.
  • Can I just confirm then, 10am Sunday morning at the visitor centre? I will be the one in the red shorts (if I've washed them by then!) and the luminous green top. Nice combination ?!?
  • Have now spoken to Des and he'll be joining us on this Sunday :-) Think wwe'll do the trails route first about 7 miles (similar to Seven Pools course) and then we'll see what everyone wants to do after that.

As for the pub, it wont open til 12:00 remember as it's Sunday. Thought maybe those of you who finish earlier could make most of Wyndley shower facilities and cafe if you did fancy hanging around for pub.

I'll be dropping kids in just before 10:00 and I get 2:15. Will need to be back at Wyndley (visitors centre) for 11:45 so I can get a shower in peace first :-)

Looking forward to it :-)
  • Thanks all! Will try an early run in the park next week- if you don't hear from me again, keep an eye out in the Observer for 'missing person' ads! Wed nights are hectic for me as well- but thanks for the offer!
  • running caz / juicer / prue : can anyone use the showering facilities at Wyndley? Is that the place just behind where I first saw the 3 of you walking towards visitor centre from last Sun? Can you also park there? Sorry for all the questions, but I imagine I'll have to drop out after 7 miles ( maybe not) and could do with a shower ( did 6 miles this afternoon and was drenched in this heat, although it was great to be out in the sun.

• Showers before you get home? Nah, I'm in training for Glastonbury, just after the Edinburgh Marathon. Anyway, given the lack of trains and buses on Sunday morning, I'll probably be walking to Sutton Park, and I'm not gonna carry a bag all that way! That's my excuse anyway.
  • aa - wellll, showers are suposed to be for centre users, but we use them all the time (3 times a week usually). We just walk in past the desk, past the stairs there's a door on your left, just go through there, follow corridoor around corner, through other set of doors and the blokes showers are there somewhere. Just ask someone. As for the car park, no problem!! Yes, it is just through the trees where you saw us coming from on Sunday. You'll be fine :-)
  • rc: thanks

see you all Sunday at 10 :)

• Well, I'm just about to get ready to go out and paint the town all sorts of colours :-) Thought I would quickly post on here to confirm everything and er also.....under the circumstances of my night ahead.........alter the min/miling pace I've put for Des and I :-)

1st May
    ----------
    Running Caz (9-11 depending on hangover)
    Des Beans (9-10 cos he'll be on tod if any faster)
    ShropsSaddler
    Peaceman
    Prue (9-10)ish
    Popsy (9-10)

See you all at visitor centre Town Gate entrance to Sutton Park 10:00.

aa - make it a ribena after all ;-)
  • running caz: drink loads tonight if it will help keep the pace down!

• Really sorry guys, but I don't think my legs will make it tomorrow.

I had intended to do a short slow run today (making the most of the beautiful weather) and not sure if it was because I started off slower than normal, but I felt really good about the 4 mile mark, so decided to go for it and ended up running about 7.5 (this is the furthest I've ran for about two years) so was feeling proud as punch and had to see it to the end.

Legs arent quite sure what's happended to them, but apart from that, I am feeling tops.

Will defo make the 8th (now I know I can run 7 miles)!

Have a good run all, and I expect reports on here by at least Sunday evening!