Nice Little Runs in Sutton Park

Comments

• Great racing Prue!

Well, I've taken a long time trying to get back into things after Glastonbury. But I've run a couple of times recently and will be off to another Blaise Blazer tonight. Hope to get to the club night tomorrow and need to up the miles considerably for the Bristol Half in September.

Is anyone doing the JW Ultra this year and is there a spare space in a relay team? If so, I'd be happy to do it again.

• Bloody hell, that race doesnt seem to get any easier! But did the Blaise Blazer in 29 mins, about 10 secs faster than in June. And it was very hot. Southville did great with 2nd and 4th overall man, 2nd woman and 2nd team. All good stuff.

By the way, if the JW relay stuff has already been decided, dont worry about it. My fault for leaving it too late!

• PruePrue ✭✭✭

Hey Pman - TR and caz away still I think.   I'm sure they sorted the JW stuff out a while back, you, tr and caz in team.

I'm on stand by if anyone can't make it.... always a good social image Hope to see you there!

Off training on the hills tomorrow....

• Thanks Prue. Hope there's a space as its always a good day.
  • Hi all image

Well done on your runs Prue, you're sounding like you are at a peak at the mo and hope the Blaise run went well PM, tis right tough round there!

Sorted the entry with Sharon so worry not PM and said that the team would prob be the usual but that I would confirm when I got back from hols, which I am now. Sharon particularly requested your presence as you will be one of, and I quote what she said 'the ELITE few who have done it every year' image Glad to have you on board. It is £15 per team member mate but we can sort that on the day. Not got any spare beds this year but have a space on the floor for a double blow up bed which has your name on it should you need it image

Have not run now for 4 weeks and did very little before that for about 4 weeks so I feel like a beginner again image Am going to head out today to attempt a little one and then tomorrow I'm going to battle with round the park route and see how long it takes me including stops and walks etc. Running motivation is at an all time low but am determined to get back into it and will use the JW as a target as don't want to let the Beanies team down.

Happy running all x x 

• Being unemployed has certainly got me back into running!

10M mainly offroad last Saturday, a gentle 5M Monday, a tough speed session at the club on Tuesday (10 min warm up run, then 1/1, 2/2, 3/3, 2/2, 1/1 twice! and a warm down run back, a hill session this morning (10 min warm up run, then 12 x 40secs hard uphill/1 min jog down, 10 mins warm down run. Might do an easy 5M tomorrow but I definitely want to do 11-12M at the weekend. It's all go as I desparately try to do enough training for the Bristol Half on 11 Sept!

• Well, I did my easy 6M on Friday and a cracking 12M on Sunday in 1.35.21. Really enjoyed it too. Might try to do 13 next week at something approaching race pace but hard to do on your own!

Club session tonight and no idea what to expect!

Sorry we didnt meet up RC - but we'll chat about the JW at some point.

• PM - I ended up doing a 6M JOG. Was tough going on the way out but was more into the swing of it on the return leg. Intended to just have a brisk walk but walking seems so slow and a waste of time so I was running on and off. Started at Tesco Eastville and ran through Eastville Park, Snuff Mills, Oldbury Court and along the Frome Valley Walkway to Frenchay Moor. Twas nice image Catch up sppn mate.

• Just back from the hospital with the other half and have been signed off by the doctor.

Ankle all mended now , had the same gap in it for six months then the last three months it has pulled right back together , was good to have a look on the xray to confirm all back to normal and will just get stronger as the months go on. One happy lad image))

Off to the park soon for a lap then its Race the Train on saturday , should be fun quite a few people going along this year to run or watch. Looking forward to the tough 14 miles , must be mad.

See you soon, have a good run.

• Hiya TR .....Great news about your ankle. Good luck for saturday - Boing Boing

• RTT here we come image Will be good to support Dan (Mark Perry's brother) running it for the first time and a few cobras and Denz there. Good year to be running the quarry challenge in the morning and supporting the main event with Jane and a few pints of cider image

• Have a great time - think there may be a couple of Southville folk there.

Did a great speed session this morning. Tried to replicate the club session of last week - 1/1, 2/2, 3/3, 2/2, 1/1 twice. Was definitely slowere during the recovery parts but think I was faster in the effort bits!

Still not heard anything about a job despite applying for work at the rate of one per day. So dont know if I'll actually have the train fare to get up to Brum for the JW. Really hope I can but wont know for sure yet.

• PruePrue ✭✭✭

Caz/TR - Hope you all enjoyed Race the train!! Sounds like a good social weekend.

TR - Excellent news on your Ankle image here's to injury free good running times!

Pman - Sounds like you've got some good running going on!!  Good luck on the job front too.

I ran Belper 30K yesterday, in the sun. A great event about 2500ft of ascent so tough runable ups!  A lovely day and a P.B by 7-8mins so dead chuffed, seems like my running is finally coming together after about 10 years.  Tis all these school holidays image  Daz ran too and got to catch up for a cuppa with Juicer image 

• Well done Prue, that's a big PB!

Ended up yesterday doing 10M at race pace (1.14.59) then eased off for 3.5M. Was quite tough to keep it going on my own so very pleased with it.

• Hi all !!

Missed the belper 30K - I enjoyed that , remember prue when you and julie had bacon baps and chips with me at the end? I couldn't have done it it's just too far.

Just got back from two weeks in Lanzarote and it was superb , everyone had a lovely time and I even got some slow runs done and enjoyed them , it's easy to run there in the heat with the lovely sea breeze blowing me off my feet. I thought I would come back fit but I put half a stone on regardless of the walking running and swimming.

I have entered Wolverhampton half anyway - plus Solent Half in October, I wanted to do New Forest half and there were places but then I remember how awkward it was to park and get away from , so Solent half is just 5 mins from the campsite and we can go back have lunch and I can shower.

Now I have been reminded about the Birmingham Half - now BUPA Half, it's an eye popping £30 , I want to do it but it galls to pay that , that said I don't want to miss out.
  • Some of the big Half entry fees have got silly havent they? I'm only doing Bristol cos of the free place with the local paper.

Going out today to do either speed or hills, not sure yet. Then will do 15-16M on Sunday before easing off a bit in the 2 weeks leading up to the Half.

Club run on Tuesday was knackering. There are a few group leaders on holiday so it was either go with the fastest group or one that was too slow for aht I wanted. So I risked the fast one. No speed reps or anything, just a straight run. The first mile was 7.09 then the steep hill through the woods up from the towpath to the Suspension Bridge. Almost killed me straight away! Went up to the Downs where I almost gave up and went back. But stuck at it and glad I did and we ended up doing 7.87M. I was at the back by about 30 metres most of the way but I averaged 7.30 and that included that hill. Think they averaged not much over 7m/m. Think it's fair to say I was well out of my comfort zone for an hour or so!

• The thing is Pman I'd have like to do the cheaper and nicer kenilworth next week or the Lake Vrnwy but as I have been all undecided and only running a little I missed the entry and they are full ( few elite places left at Vrnwy) . I realise everything costs more but it's clear the big city ha;fs and marathons are run for profit - or why bother? I know they make sounds about charity but only a tiny fraction ever gets there.

As Carol says - I either pay up or shut up , no use watching the news on the day and wishing I had done it. I wonder if I'll get a turkey in my goody bag to go with the utterly bizarre cranberry sauce last year!

Even though I've been gym training ,short runs ,cycling etc and I feel fit and well I struggled badly on wednesday doing 10 miles in the park. Even the shuffling long runs on holiday didn't really help. I ran 6 miles on Monday as well. I've been training more than ever but I worry about this Wolverhampton half.

I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to go full time with the PO - it's a very tricky time, doing our Labour Force Surveys we are seeing shocking levels of unemployment even in previously good employment areas like Uttoxeter. It's upsetting sometimes to hear the peoples stories. I don't know what to suggest to anyone.
  • MH - I tend to avoid the big races now as the prices have got stupid.

Decided on a hill session this morning. Did 12.5 mins warm up, 12 x 50secs hard effort uphill with 80secs jog down, about 12 mins back. Good session and managed to get sun on me and rain at the same time!

• Hmm, struggled on Sunday. Set out to do 15M as a last long run before the Half. Had to stop after 10M, really tired legs leading to a dull ache in the right adductor. Havent had a problem with that for a lnog time. Was fine up until then as well. Rested and went out again this morning and did a gentle 4M and all was well. So, fingers crossed that training is back on track.

I'm hoping to get to a little meeting tomorrow of a small group of runners who are planning a not-for-profit Bristol Marathon on 27 November. Just an idea at the moment but entries open in a few weeks time. They are thinking of maybe 200 runners at most, possible free entry and maybe paying for a good t-shirt instead. No route planned yet but it would be good to take in thhings like Ashton Court, suspension bridge, etc. I'll let you know what happens if I get there. Meanwhile check out bristol marathon on facebook or google amarathonforbristol

• Hey MH rich is wondering if you want a lift on sun. He's going on his own and would like some company. Hope you're good x
  • That would be a great idea - I have to say though after an 11 miler in New forest I am woefully unfit. I won't be cracking round like we did last time we ran together round it.

Still it wwill be a good laugh if not hard!
  • Best of luck to you guys.....looks like it's going to be a warm  1           image

• Nice one Mike will text you later with time ect after i check what time it starts , think it's a 9.15 start .Will be nice to have a run out together again,first one since i've been back running so should have loads to rattle about.

Will come and get you from yours and drop you back no probs.

Have a good run all

• Mike , what time do you think we should set out if it is a 9.15 start for us to park at the Wolves ground ?
  • Pman - that is a great idea , thats how the Birmingham and Black half started. I can see more stuff like this as prices get really silly. I wish I had your fitenss for Sunday!

John - cheers , I'm worried enough about walking after 11 miles anyway!

TR - That'll be great - it'll take about 35 - 40 mins to get there, I have always parked on Landsdowne road rather than Moulineux , saves a long walk to the start/finish. But we can see what happens on the day. We should allow for a walk from Molineux if it's packed.

I'm worried about how slow I'll be , I have seriously lost fitness and I'll be starting real slow and doubt I'll be in very much under 2 hours. if I start slow and have energy left later I'll enjoy it so much more.
  • I've PM'd my number to you TR