Nice Little Runs in Sutton Park

Comments

• At least it wasnt blue again!

The Exeter thing went well yesterday. Only problem is the woman deciding is now off til next week so no decision until a week today! It always happens to me!

• Got my Virgin London Marathon final instruction mag in the post yesterday, four more weekends and then it's the big one in London.image
  • Good luck TR - seems you're ready for it!
  • Hiya TR .....Got mine also - blue zone Boing Boing

Good luck with the job PM

• Blue zone for me too John, you never know we may bump into one another among the 17,000 other runners on blue image

Just booked the train tickets , purchased the jels half price from sweatshop this week, so think thats everything sorted . Just need to find a comfortable pair of road shoes with a few miles left in them . The best shoes i find are my adidas kanadias off roaders that never give you blisters may well end up wearing them on the day.

Got my longest run planed for this weekend , hope my other half joins me on her bike to keep me going ,would be nice to have the company without the presure of keeping it going you get with other runners but once its out the way can start cutting back a bit .

Only 25 days left image

Have a good run all and see some of you again soon. Good luck with the rest of your training John.

• DONE IT.......Last long run of 20 miles up / down cut. Never took enough fluids on board so had terrible cramps at end ( another lesson learned ). Prob bump into you at london TR - our paths normally cross ie Dublin Mara / Parkruns etc etc. Since my last injury I always run in asics nimbus as need as much cushioning and support as possible and not had any recurrence as yet. Enjoy your long run.

GOOD LUCK

• My last 20 miler done also, had a very nice enjoyable run down the Greenway to the lakes then a couple of loopes then round Brookvale and onto the canal up into Walsall then from Aldridge upto Barr Beacon then back to home for the last three miles. Thats it John few easier weekends to look forward to till the big day.

Had Carolyn with me on her bike carrying my fluid and gel so all went very smooth , was great to have her help and her telling me to slow down when i got carried away on the flatsimage.Finished knowing i had a few miles left in the tank which was a great confidence boost after blowing up at Rhayader but i did realy push the pace on that one.imagewill i ever learn how hard that hill is.

Well a two hour nice easy run this weekend of about 14 miles hope for a nice dry sunny day.

BIG well done to Daz and the Juicer at the Three Shires on saturday, Daz won on a very tough course of over 20 miles.

Have a good run all and nice to see you running again Prue.

• Pissed it down all day but did my normal route over Barr Beacon and just took it easy . Did 16.5 miles in two and a half hours but was glad to get back to a nice warm shower.

Nice easy 12ish miles this weekend just hope for a little better weather image

Have a good run all.

Has anyone bumped into the bloke training for London in Sutton Park who does all his runs in full costume dressed as a storm trooper just to get used to running in helmet ect image wish i saw that.

• close shave with a flying golf ball last night, made for an interesting couple of miles last night image
  • Hiya TR - last 10 miler done down canal without any issues image. Will be wearing a blue / green and white Alzheimer's vest .........will keep eyes peeled for the Cobra colours. Have a good un mate & very much hope you smash you target image

• Good Luck John will keep an eye out for you, have a good one ,  think we are on the same start.

Had my final longish run on saturday down the canal and over Barr Beacon of 13.5 miles  then a very nice 3.5 miles round the Clent Hills with Carolyn upto Mark's bench for a sit down and to remember .

Have good run all , see some of you in London the weekend. Club run on Tuesday,nice and easy at the back.

• Hi all - hope you are good.

Not here to talk about running, kust to invite my Beanie friends to our house warming next Fri night. Would love to see yo guys there. Inbox TR or myself and we will give you the details if you don't already know them.

Happy running x x

• Nice Bright yellow COBRA RC vest for me the weekend , will try and smile for the cameras image
  • how did the VLM runners get on?
  • Ran a bit ,walked a bit and got round in 4:14:23  not the best time but fantastic race.

Ballot open's for 2013 on Monday 30th April

• Gota agree TR - fantastic race with weather just about right. Went steady pace throughout with only prob watch giving up around 10 mile. Ran with blind dave and his running  buddy for a bit - what an inspiration. Finished in 3.29.25......PB for marathon image  Totally Gobsmacked image 

• well done guys, a great achievement
  • LONDON MARATHON BALLOT OPENED THIS MORNING
  • Ballot full by 7pm
  • Only TR

Went to do the gate run in Sutton Park on Wednesday and its all gone hi-tec with elec gadgets strapped to the gates and you run with a electronic key that you slot into the plate,wait for it to flash then your off to the next gate so no short cuts or cheating.

Had to wait for two freight trains at the crossing which made me smile as you never see even one,just hear them and the stopping at each gate breaks your stride.Got round in 1:00:59 by chip time and just under an hour to the Garmin which i had stopped at the train crossing so not bad run overall.Went round this course a couple of years ago the old fashion way in just over 54 mins,must be getting old and fat image but i have had a foot thing going on now for over six weeks but it does feel like its getting better.

Have a good run all, not been racing or out as much as i would have liked so not bumped into any of you lately, enjoy the rainy runs.

• Bout time they stopped the cheating image  Not running too much at the moment, lots of work and bloody knackered. I seem to have three jobs at the moment - one at the childrens home that includes 13-hour shifts and getting home at midnight, one doing admin for a small charity (that I hope will go full-time working from home) and I'm also helping out a friend who has his own removal business. Jobs seem to be like buses!

• Hiya ALL, Great this thread live again, Not done much since london and had a bit of a back issue that seems to be on the mend so hoping to up the training image

• Hamstrings gone    BUMMER

• Hello, it has been a while since I last posted on RW and I'd almost forgotten about this thread!! I hope that everyone is more or less injury free? Is anyone doing Telford or Wheaton Aston this year?

• Hiya All. Been a while also.                                                                                                        TR -  Hope the hamstring issue on the mend mate ???.

Not plannimg telford or wheaton......doing sneyd 10 miler image

• Boing! Thought I'd show my face on here after months/years of non-running. Work will be a mega stress for a couple of years and taking so much of my time but I'm going to try and fit running in again. I know Tony A is up and at it again so hopefully, given time, there may be some more NLRISP.

Hope you are all looking after yourselves x

• London ballot is open on Monday 29th April 2013 image

• Thanks TR - - - here we go again !!!!!