Nice Little Runs in Sutton Park

1485486487488489491»

Comments

• And closed by 11.30am  good job me and the other half got on at 6.00am this morning image hope you managed to get on John . I know four of us are in the ballot for 2014.

• PruePrue ✭✭✭

Happy New Year!!!! 

Have decided to resurrect the Nice Little Runs In Sutton Park thread (NLRISP)

A new year a new start and its 10 years this year since the start of our little runs with the beanies and many others joined us along the way image

Can you believe it!?! 10 years!!!!!!.......  So if all the ol' pop bands can do it I thought the team of Bad Excuses And Naff Stories (BEANS) could get back to a few more social runs around the park. 

Lots has happen in the last 10 years, with achievements in running with our families and careers and lots of change, I personally suffered a bio-malleous dislocation fractures to my tib and fib while descending down a mountain and have had 2 operations to pin and plate it and remove it and nearly 18 months of rehab I'm  finally back on the trails image  so, heres to the next 10 years on the trails...

I spoke to Des, Jason and Rich today on our run, and while we still run together I thought I'd open it up to anyone else who fancied joining us.  

Normally a social, chatty run of around 10 minute miles with a variety of distances

Sunday the 11th of Jan - 9.30 banners gate - Approx 7-9 miles 

Prue
    Des (Beans)
    Rich 

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Ooh... I've recently moved to Birmingham. I'm only a mile or so from Sutton Park and don't know any local runners, so I might pop along if that's ok! 

• I've run there - nice place, except for cardiac hill! I think I ran with some of the beanies, nice peeps image

• PruePrue ✭✭✭

Ultra Brookie - That would be great, we will be a banners gate at 9.30 Sunday.

Also if you've just moved to sutton, you might also like to know about Boldmere Bullets, I've only just heard about them, then met up with them tonight for a speed session in Sutton. 

They meet outside Dubella lounge in Boldmere on a Tuesday night, and they also do a very early run on a Sunday.  A really friendly bunch of runners, think as long as you register with them on their website (free of charge) then you can just turn up and run. Had a fab night run and a great session I would never have done on my own.

Our NLRISP run is a chatty slower social run. 

See ya Sunday

• Hi Pru, 

I'm planning on joining you on Sunday. We'll see how long for image

Pru

Des (beans)

Rich

Muddie (beans)

• Hi All

Did your run go ahread last week?

• PruePrue ✭✭✭

Hey Ultra Mini

Good to see you on here, yes the run went ahead on the 11th, but no Ultra bookie, just me, des, rich and muddie were there and covered 2 routes with a nice 9miler.  I was away this weekend but will be out on Sunday again all being well.

Anyone else fancy it? 9.30 banners gate

Been doing the Perry Hall park run too on a Saturday, which is a little up and coming park run, think it will be no: 12 next week and only around 50 runners if you fancy it? 

• Hi Prue

Are you running in SP on Sunday? May not make 9 miles but could get these old bones to do 6-7 miles if not too pacey.

Tom

• PruePrue ✭✭✭
    Hey Tumps, I'm off to run the stourbridge stagger tomorrow, but des, Jason and rich are normally there at Banners at 9.30. I'll drop him a text. Tis a shame as would be good to catch up image