Options

Nice Little Runs in Sutton Park

Comments

• Options
    running cazrunning caz ✭✭✭
    Cyuh lummy, whats going on here?

Lurker - you've only just starting running haven't you though? and you did very respectably at Lung Run. Some days are good runs, others 'carp' that's the way it goes.

aa - know what you mean about work. Although I love my job, it doesn't half get in the way of the rest of my life!!! ;-)

ss - Just like we were saying on Sun eh, no time to do anything properly. As for Wed,you've got to run it!! you can't turn up to spectate when poor old aa can't make it and wants to run. Do it for him ;-)
  • Options
    running caz: I think ss should run wearing my number (249) and get me a great 10k time! If I don't get there to spectate(very doubtful) stick your sub 45 time up for all to see :) Have a good 'un!
  • Options
    Caz: I know, I know but I'm tooooo competitive. If I can't post under 40mins I don't want to do it!!And the way my legs felt tonight doing speedwork, there is NO WAY I'd do that at the moment. Still, kit will be in the car as well as the camera so I shall leave options open.
    I'll look out for you all. If I don't run, BIG smiles for the camera please.
  • Options
    am trying to persuade Mr Lurker to run with you on sunday since your pace will suit him much better and he is supposed to be training for Windsor
  • Options
    aa - not sure I'm up to a sub 45 :-( legs are achey and I feel like a bloater.

ss - I understand! Shall try to find my biggest fake smile as i cross the line and hopefully see you in the bar shortly after :-)
  • Options
    Should see you all Sunday, but its a bit shocking what me and Mudlark have done to ourselves in them there Lakeland Hills.

Done something to the back of my right knee. Don't think it's a major problem, but will have to wait and see.....

I should just stick to running. Far more sensible!!
  • Options
    Actually Caz, think I will run if I get there on time tonight! But I'm going to be sensible (too much of that just lately! I'm worried about myself). Looking to do 10km at half marathon pace so 42 minutes - any longer and I'll be disappointed, any less and I'll have worked too hard. Fits in with the training plan then!
    See you all later
  • Options
    Oh good ss, not just for you but also for me cos now I wont have to try and mustre a smile that will look more like a grimmace as i cross that line ;-)
  • Options
    But caz, I'll be finishing SO far ahead of you, I'll have time to go and get my camera and take a photo as you cross the line ;-)

(that's fighting talk where I come from!)
  • Options
    Be careful SS I know Taikwondo ;-)
  • Options
    I know him as well - nice chap isn't he?
  • Options
    So how are those legs this morning? Really enjoyed the DK10k last night and nice to see a few friendly faces again;

Caz: Sorry I didn't get a photo of you - after all, I did have PLENTY of time to go and get my camera after finishing ;-)

Prue: Well done on the PB, you're a star. Bit worried by your comment in the bar that you felt "fine when I finished". You should be on your last legs!!!! Work harder next time ;-)

aa: sorry, forgot to wear your number! Shame you couldn't make it.

Hadn't done the event before but will next year (although I don't usually like races where it takes you 10 seconds to get to the start!)
  • Options
    Was thinking about you all at 7 last night!

Well done Prue!

What were all the times?
  • Options
    Not sure about others yet, I was about 40.30 from the start line - add 10 secs to get there!
  • Options
    I'm gonna go along to meet everyone and will try a run and see how it goes. But only if I can bring my li'l dog. She runs the same speed as me [slowly] and likes people [she has one for breakfast every day]. I can, at least, now walk and do stairs. The heel's still not right tho.

I think Jason Beans might be coming along too.

Anthony a (9-10) 6 - 8/9
    Des Beans (9-10)he'll prob do 5-8 but will already have done 20mins
    Juicer (9-10)
    Mike Beans (10-11)
    Mudlark (10-11)
    Peaceman (8-9) will do 10-12 miles early and 8-10 more when we meet (long run day!)
    Popsy (9-10) happy running upto 6 miles, maybe more if I'm feeling OK ???
    Prue (9-10)ish about 8-10 miles
    Lurker?
    Jason Beans (9-10)
  • Options
    Des Beans can't make it now, so :-

Anthony a (9-10) 6 - 8/9
    Juicer (9-10)
    Mike Beans (10-11)
    Mudlark (10-11)
    Peaceman (8-9) will do 10-12 miles early and 8-10 more when we meet (long run day!)
    Prue (9-10)ish about 8-10 miles
    Jason Beans (9-10)

SS - Oooh, that was a bit nasty and cuttng and hurtful ;-) Legs felt ok today actually, so I obviously didn't push hard enough as I was in agony after Lung Run the other week. Did feel a little less energetic on my 8 miler today though. Knocked almost 3 mins off last year though so :-) but I quite fancied a sub 45 seeing as my p.b is 42:38, doh!! :-(

Yes, WELL DONE PRUE and next 10k PUSH YOURSELF GIRL!!

• Options
    PruePrue ✭✭✭
    Thanks...SS... now everyone knows, i won't be able to get away with just enjoying the scenery..
    My legs feel alright, but i forgot to strech again and now right hip is tight DOH! Tried a slow 6 miler today but could tell i was knackered.

Caz - have entered 2 castles 2day, so am gonna may be try and go for it there. (is is flat?)
    AA - Thanks, sorry you didn't make it. Dam work!

Unsure about the run on Sun now as caz has very kindly offerd to babysit!! Yipeeee!
    Hangover permitting will be there, if not see you all next week!
    -----------
    May 8th
    ----------
    Anthony a (9-10) 6 - 8/9
    Juicer (9-10)
    Mike Beans (10-11)
    Mudlark (10-11)
    ?Prue?
    Jason Beans (9-10)
    ?lurker?
    ?ss?

________
    may 15th
    --------

Prue
    Caz
    juicer
  • Options
    Hang on a minute Prue. 15th is Hill West 10k in the park, with MEDAL might I add. No way I'll be there running in Sutton Park without getting one of those if there is the oppertunity to!! so I'm going to do that first. We can always do some more milage after though :-)

Aren't there question marks over Mudlark and Juicer too after last weekend?

Juicer?
  • Options
    Well Prue. I see we have a little competition on our hands! Are we going to begin a game of knocking 10 seconds off each others PBs in each race? Where will it end? How many 10 seconds will I have to knock off before I can run a 35min 10k?

Hoping to be there Sunday, but mine and Mudlark's Lakeland malarky seems to have left us both the worse for wear and my right knee isn't good. Went out for a little run (2miles?) today and it was ok, but the pain was there. I'll just rest it now until Sunday, and hope for the best.

Mike Beans isn't coming on Sunday now. Sorry Mudlark.

-----------
    May 8th
    ----------
    Anthony a (9-10) 6 - 8/9
    Juicer (9-10)limping
    Mudlark (10-11) limping
    ?Prue?
    Jason Beans (9-10)
    ?lurker?
    ?ss?

________
    may 15th
    --------

Prue
    Caz
    Juicer
  • Options
    Think we've cross posted Juicer (great minds eh ;-)) Hill West? Up for it? Keep unning after finish line and the all important medal collection point?
  • Options

Blimey, injuries and niggles galore this week! Still a good group of us. And already bidding for the following week as well.

-----------
    May 8th
    ----------
    Anthony a (9-10) 6 - 8/9
    Juicer (9-10)limping
    Mudlark (10-11) limping
    ?Prue?
    Jason Beans (9-10)
    ?lurker?
    ?ss?

________
    may 15th
    --------

Prue
    Caz
    Juicer
    Peaceman
  • Options
    Come on Lurker! Join in this week!

-----------
    May 8th
    ----------
    Anthony a (9-10) 6 - 8/9
    Juicer (9-10)limping
    Mudlark (10-11) limping
    ?Prue?
    Jason Beans (9-10)
    ?lurker?
    ?ss?

________
    may 15th
    --------

Prue
    Caz
    Juicer
    Peaceman

I can't do 15th due to Bromsgrove Leukaemia 10k
  • Options
    Caz: "nasty, cutting and hurtful"? Me??? You know I'm only joking;-)
    Prue: sorry, wasn't I supposed to mention that? Only trying to be encouraging because there are better times to come from you yet!

If it's any consolation, my legs felt heavy tonight as well. Rest day tomorrow:-)

Weekend running - Caz, can you enter Halesowen on the day? Starting to think that might be a decent training option. I LOVE hills:-)
  • Options
    Oh, forgot;
    -----------
    May 8th
    ----------
    Anthony a (9-10) 6 - 8/9
    Juicer (9-10)limping
    Mudlark (10-11) limping
    ?Prue?
    Jason Beans (9-10)
    ?lurker?
    ShropsSaddler - probably not!

________
    may 15th
    --------

Prue
    Caz
    Juicer
    Peaceman
    ShropsSaddler - probably yes!

And why am I up at this time of night? Ever fallen asleep on the sofa after training and then woken up with a stiff neck in the middle of the night!
  • Options
    SS - Yes, know that feeling!! The Hillock IS an enter on the day thing as Matt the Brum has contacted organisers to find out. They still have 150 places left and it was no where near full last year. If you do come though, you will be roped into the obligatory pub thing after mind ;-)

HILL WEST - no one has stated that they would like to do that one on 15th first. Am I the only race atmosphere adict and medal horder??!? Cyuuh lummy!!

:-)
  • Options
    Seem to remember the race leaders got lost last year at Hill West! Not that that will be a problem for me.

Not sure if I'll do the race. May prefer Loooong and slooooooow, knee permitting.

Or actually I might go to Manchester!
  • Options
    "Roped into the obligatory pub thing after" - ooh , let me see,has that changed my decision.....NO!
  • Options
    Juicer - I will defo do the Hill west thing and wil then join you all after so we'll have to synchronize watches and plan routes and all that :-) Manchester? Social or running business?

SS - Do you reckon you'll be at Hillock then? Not sure about where the pub will be after. Waylander will hopefully have one in mind :-)
  • Options
    um. Just to remind me............... where and when are we meeting on Sunday ??
  • Options
    10:00 at visitors centre Muddy :-) Enjoy :-)