Options

Nice Little Runs in Sutton Park

Comments

• Options
    Hi all.
    I may have to miss tomorrow morning run.
    Done 6 miles today and knee was sore down medial lateral ligament side (tore them a few years ago). Hopefully its just down to the fact that I've suddenly increased my mileage by too much.
    I'll see how it feels in morning but don't want to push it if its sore as I have a 10k race on wed ( kingsbury classic) and after missing wed's DK10 I don't want to have to miss another.

May still turn up to say hello anyway, but IF I'm coming I would definately be there by 10 ( so don't hang about if I'm not)
  • Options

Sorry to hear that aa. Hope the knee heals OK. Be good to see you tomorrow anyway, running or not! Mind you, how I'll feel after 20+ miles who knows?

• Options
    peaceman: cheers - I'll see how it feels in morning.
  • Options
    running cazrunning caz ✭✭✭
    Sutton Park group dropping like flies!!!

SS and I will be at Hillock, Juicer, aa, muddy all pos injured and Des and Prue unable to attend. Think Juicer qand muddy are going to come and see what they can do though.

So tomorrows list looks like:-

-----------
    May 8th
    ----------
    Juicer (9-10)limping
    Mudlark (10-11) limping

Peaceman (8-9)
    Popsy (9-10)
    Jason Beans (9-10)

?lurker?
    ?Prue?

Will start the 15th list again on Mon and see who is up for Hill West Race that day also (as a starter ;-))

Have a good run tomorrow. Jason knows park well and is likely to be in lead group pace, although I know Peaceman is also familiar.

Happy Running

p.s see you at Kingsbury aa, have decided to do that one instead of mid week series :-)

• Options

I will definitely be outside the visitors centre at 10 (albeit looking knackered). Can someone bring the electric wheelchairs for our walking wounded?
  • Options
    Hi all - I am def hoping to be there, unless:

a) for some unknown reasons I wont be able to sleep tonight and therefore will be knackered.
    b) kinda related to a) in that I might sleep through my two alarm clocks.

But..... as it stands, I will be there.

Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    aa - hope that knee problem clears up. You might be right about increase in mileage though so don't despair. I've upped the tempo of runs this week and my knee was swollen yesterday but an ice pack and some anti-inflammatories later and it seems alot better.

peaceman-20+miles, respect to you for your running discipline! Enjoy it, hope you can walk on Monday, let us know!

Everyone else, enjoy your sunday run, I'm off to hill train at the Halesowen Hillock:-)
  • Options
    Dear oh dear oh dear! I tried a bit of a run today, and the heel is still not right, so I'll just be walking the dog tomorrow.

Understand JasonBeans can't make it.

Maybe we'll have better luck next week?
  • Options

We are sorry to announce the death of the very young 'Nice Little Runs in Sutton Park' club. After a bright start to its young life, it expired today due to circumstances beyond its control, like injuries and hangovers.

Well nearly anyway! Myself and Juicer flew the flag today and ran for about an hour. Now I've seen the messages above, that explains some of it. Dear me, must do better! Thanks Juicer, it was good.

I ended up doing just over 20 miles at a nice, easy pace deliberately not wanting to go any faster. The big thing for me was that it took 2.56.32 (I said it was an easy pace) and I've never run for that long before. Feel knackered but OK. Mind you, the dog won't get a walk today!

How about for next week - some of us could be running while the Hill West thing is on and then those running in that race who want to do a bit more can join us after. Then we can retire to the pub. What time does the Hill West start?

• Options
    Peaceman / Lurker
    Sorry there was only two of you today. (its quality not quantity that counts)
    Got up early but knee still felt a bit sore so decided to rest it today as I have 10k races on the following two weds and sundays. Hope to be back on the Sunday runs from the 29th onwards or any other times / evenings that a few want to run as a group.
  • Options
    Well, dont I feel a fool. I was there today, but obviously not where Juicer and Peaceman were.

I wasnt sure where Town Gate was, but thought I'd find it somehow! I was wrong.

I did park the car in the car park of Wyndley Leisure Centre but forgot to note that we were meant to be meeting at the Visitors Centre, durrrrrrr! and only had Juicer's home telephone number (which obviously wouldnt be much point in ringing that) anyhoo, drove back home feeling somewhat stupid and dissapointed and angry with myself! at least I am now familiar with Boldmere Gate and Monmouth Road!

Sorry everyone, I'll try and make it next week if someone can email me directions (detailed) I do admit I am no good with getting my bearing etc. but I'll make sure I know where everyone is meeting next time.

0-(
  • Options

Aah Popsy! Sorry to hear that - some morning you've had. For next week:

If you park by Wyndley Leisure Centre, go in the park and turn right. On your right, you'll see the round Visitors Centre (that's the building that's round, it's not a centre for round visitors).
  • Options
    Thanks Peaceman, so just to clarify (sorry!) as you turn into the car park, you have a building to the left and then it seemed like a lot of people were heading towards a path (and looked like there was a building in the distance) to the right, I take the right path (with my back to the road)???

I was going to have a run in the park and see if I could bump into you, but seen as I;ve never been to Sutton Park before and (bearing in mind my crap homing skills) thought that I would get lost and then not know how far I'd ran and end up in a pile on the ground sobbing. Still, I came home and did a good 8 miler, so all was not lost.
  • Options
    Well done on your 8 miles anyway,Popsy. And well done to you PM, on finishing your 20 miles (being as I refused to offer you a lift home!!)

Popsy, it would probably be easier to park in the Park, rather than Wyndley. If you arrive at Wyndley (from Monmouth Drive side), just carry on past Wyndley, and then take your first left at the little island. That takes you in the park at Town gate. Just drive straight in - 400m in front of you, but to the left is the 'Round Visitors' Centre. There's a little car park up there nearby.

My knee is feeling ok-ish. Hopefully I haven't made it any worse. It just hurts!!
  • Options

That makes more sense Juicer (us non-drivers have a completely different take on directions!).

Hope the knee's OK.

Glad you enjoyed your 8 miles Popsy.
  • Options
    Doh!! What a shame it didn't work out as well as last week!! Hopefully you'll know where you are going now Popsy (sorry for being as clear as mud ;-)) and hopefully all the injured and hung over parties will be back to full health!! :-)

My plan is to run the Hill west 10k and then do some more after. I know SS is planning to do same at the mo! What do the rest of you fancy? Hill West 10k plus extra or just ordinary run as usual 10:00 at visitors centre. Add name below:-

Hill West +
    -----------

Running Caz
    Shropshire Sadler

10:00 Visitors Centre
    ----------------------
  • Options
    Oh, and well done on long run Tony :-)

Hope knee ok Juicer!!
  • Options
    Definitely up for that - not having raced for nearly 2 months, I'm now a race addict! What time is the 10k?
  • Options
    Hill West + pub
    -----------

Running Caz
    Shropshire Sadler

10:00 Visitors Centre + pub
    ----------------------

The Juicer (knee dependent!)
  • Options
    anthonya - Are you still coming over to Kingsbury Water Park on Weds? Just boinged up the thread.

I won't be running but may still come and support and go for a pint in the Dog. Decided to rest the knee for a week.
  • Options

What time does the Hill West start? Cos if you guys running it want to do more, we could meet up after the race and carry on running.

Hill West + pub
    -----------

Running Caz
    Shropshire Sadler

----------------------

Peaceman (I might not make the pub, sadly, as Peacewoman comes back from two weeks at the UN in New York on Sunday!)
  • Options
    How could i have missed pub off the proceedings. Took it forgranted you know me well enough just tp presume that bit eh ;-)

ss - will get back to you on the start time etc. Can you do Kingsbury on Wed (I do believe that is a 'free' night isn't it (may not be remembering the info right from my 20 questions though));-)

Soooo:-

Hill West + MEDAL + more miles + pub
    -----------------------------

Running Caz
    Shropshire Sadler

----------------------

Peaceman (I might not make the pub, sadly, as Peacewoman comes back from two weeks at the UN in New York on Sunday!)

Peaceman - Yep Rich and I had already planned to meet the rest of you. We'll have to synchronise watches and stuff ;-) Will find our start time and take it from there. Watch this space ;-)
  • Options
    Oh well remembered about the Wednesday nights Caz. Have to be careful what I say to you if you have a memory like that;-)

No go Wednesday night sorry. Planning to run with the club. Missed last Wednesday because of the DK10k and the week before for ? so better show my face.

Having said that, might get some flak for not having updated the club web site recently so perhaps I'd be better going to Kingsbury!
  • Options
    juicer: yes - I'm doing wed night 10k and pub afterwards.

running caz/peaceman/juicer/ss : can't make next two sunday runs due to 10k events ( bromsgrove leukaemia and hearing dogs) - will be back after that.

What localish 10k's are people doing in June ? - at the moment I've only got Gate Gallop booked and so need to sort out some more.

• Options

aa - I think quite a few of us are doing hearing dogs.

ss - managed a very gentle 34 minutes jogging today. Just under 4 miles. Feel surprisingly good today - worried about what tomorrow might bring though!

The next few Sundays just for info:

15 May
    Nice little run in Sutton Park

22 May
    Hearing Dogs 10K

29 May
    Nice little run in Sutton Park

5 June
    West Midlands Fun Run (Sutton Park). It's 8.5 miles and the park will be very busy, about 3000 take part. I'll be running it pushing a friend in a wheelchair.

12 June
    Edinburgh Marathon (Gulp!)

The next two Sundays after that I'll be at Glastonbury Festival.

How's that for being organised?

• Options
    I bow down to you Peaceman and only wish my life was so organised.

Now what was I doing this evening? I'm sure I'm meant to be doing something!
  • Options

Too much time on my hands.
  • Options
    By the way lads and lasses, forgot to promote the Newport Carnival 10k on Saturday 11th June 2005,1pm start. Based in Newport, Shropshire, a fast, flattish and scenic 10k on traffic free roads and tracks. Entry to the 10k also includes entry to the carnival field. Also shorter fun runs for all the family. What more could you want? Application forms at www.newportrunningclub.co.uk

• Options
    ss - who said you can use MY thread for advertising ;-) I charge £5 per character, so that's alot more than a pint of two you owe me ;-)

Peaceman - I'm as organised as you (although I have to be, cos of kids) so...

May 15th - Hill West + Nice Little Run in Sutton Park
    May 22nd Marashalling Cobra Classic
    May 29th Sons b-day
    June 5th GMFR
    June 12th Two Castles
    June 19th Arden 9 ??
    June 26th Gate Gallop
    July 3rd Timberhonger 10k ??
    July 10th Wyre Forest 1/2 mara

Hmmmm, not many nice little runs in Sutton Park for me!! Can anyone do Nice Little Runs in Sutton Park on Sat? Des and I often meet up for these and your welcome to join :-)

Oh these busy running lives we lead :-)