Comments

• I've just entered, Helegant!
  • Hmmmm, must check the diary...
  • HelegantHelegant ✭✭✭
    I've entered it.

Forumites attending so far:

Helegant
    Meerkat
  • Sounds like a nice afternoon for the whole family - they can watch me whizz past four times before we have a picnic!

Forumites attending so far:

Helegant
    Meerkat
    SoVeryTired
  • Sorry - I'm out! The wife had already booked us out that afternoon. :-( So that makes:

Helegant
    Meerkat
  • Yes going to enter this.

Did it last year and it is two laps of the park. Very pleasant. Mostly on Tarmac on the road that runs around the park with a 600M section of grass either side of the start/finish. Fast course - in my top 5 10K times.

Itwas 2:30 pm last year, saw they changed it to 4pm and now back to 6pm
  • OK - Apparently it is now 6:30pm and also 4 laps - Sure it wasn't that many last year. Maybe it was, as I am getting older the memory is not what it used to be. Anyway it is still very flat and fast. 4 laps does mean I am likely to get lapped by the leaders though :-( Actually I was lapped by 3 of them last year now I think about it so it probably was 4 laps.

Looks like I have left it late and it is enter on the day now
  • Think I will do this one, although the four lap bit is somewhat offputting. Is the location "bring the kids" material, or is it "nothing to do except watch the race"?
  • OK people - this is the definitive version

Start time is 6.30 and the course is 4 laps of the park. Most of the run is done on the service road going around the edge of the park with the remainder on grass or woodchip paths. The course has been accurately measured and is exactly 10k. The course is nice and flat so you should be able to post some good times. My own 10k PB was set on this course last year. Maps of the course can be seen on the website at www.big-cow.com

Entertainments of a sort are going on all day so there should be something for kids to do whilst the events are taking place - I'm just waiting for a response from one of the organisers at Big Cow and then (hopefully) I'll be able to give you more info of what "entertainment" involves!

How do I know all this - I shall be marshalling some of the events taking place at the Tri-Fest, of which this run is a part, on the saturday.

• As I live in Olney it would be silly to let this one pass me by. Can someone confirm if it is OK to register on the day? Looks like online registration is closed.

Thanks in advance.
  • AIRTyke - as far as I am aware entry on the day is still fine. However to make absolutely sure you may wish to e mail Big Cow - info@big-cow.com or you can phone them on 07714 755 404. If the phone isn't answered they will get back to you if you lave a message and contact number.
  • HelegantHelegant ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to make this as something has come up at home (actually I didn't make sure everyone knew it was an evening run, so set expectations incorrectly - doh!)

Hope you all have a wonderful time.
  • HelegantHelegant ✭✭✭
    How did you all get on?