Sub 3:00 FLM 2006

1195196197198199201»

Comments

• So are we going to keep this thread going or switch to Sub 3:00 FLM 2007?
  • I think it should be Sub 3 2007.

It's all about going for a sub 3 not necessarily about doing it at the FLM.

Besides which, I notice that the Sub 3.15 FLM 2007 hasn't exactly burst into life, since it was set up. There's still considerably more life on here.
  • CartmanCartman ✭✭✭
    does that mean we have to replay all our hadd, yasso, HR, hilly/undulating, warm/cold, pacing, nutrition, milage, shoes, NADS etc. debates again ???

if so, then it gets my vote ! :-D
  • can we get the moderator to change the title to 'sub 3:00 2007' but still keep all the messages?

pretty lame running to report. Managing about 4 hours of wombing a week, mainly to arrest the weight-gain that arrived within two weeks of easing off the running but not easing off the food intake. And I hate running in the heat - i'm a scottish bat so much prefer a sleety January evening run to a warm summer's night womble by the river!

the bat
  • CM So here's the deal. I'll run 10miles every other day (might wimp on that if I end up going faster than I suspect) at progressively faster pace on the mill (wouldn't want to enjoy the sunshine would I now) starting at 14km/h and increasing the pace each session by 0.2km/h. That way we'll be looking for a steady HR rather than comparing it against pace where there are so many environmental factors. So when (on day 2) the ticker's climbing like that bloke who beat the AudiRS4 up the mountain on Top Gear last year we'll stop and see what the pace and HR were? Sound like a plan?

How's about 'sub3' so we don't have to call on the services on Mr Moderator every 12months?
  • CartmanCartman ✭✭✭
    sounds like a plan, prob best to warm up @ a womble speed (e.g. 12 km/r) for 10 mins first and check what HR is at the end of that as a daily reference point on base HR.. record average HR for each mile, although we are only only interested in miles 3 - 10.

not sure what this will prove, but I'd guess whatever speed you can get to without HR going nadistic is prob a couple of bpm above marafun HR...

hope you don't get injured though, thats quite a tough week and a bit..

do they do thread renaming ?? it would be good to keep this one going..
  • CartmanCartman ✭✭✭
    arrghh !!!! I've just emailed the powers that control this forum to see if we can have our current one renamed..

they'll prob tell me to eff orf anyway..
  • CartmanCartman ✭✭✭
    its Ok DN, you can copy and paste all the messages in...

One upside of making it year agnostic is that I get to go on the blimmin list !!!
  • DN How come mine was an instruction and the other's just a suggestion? I'm deeply touched ;o)
  • Odeon1085Odeon1085 ✭✭✭
    18.21 for jej. Weather now 21-24 c with clouds. That's just about manageable.

I feel like the Belgian in the 80's who couldn't run in more than 18 c. What was his name?
  • [unlurk]
    Vincent Rousseau
    [relurk]
  • nichs2nichs2 ✭✭✭
    dn gets the 6000 post

"sub 3:00 FLM" is officially closed

move onwards and upwards to the "sub 3" thread
  • Good evening all good to see that there is still plenty of life in here still. Well returned from my two weeks sunning and drinking loads of beers at the start of the week to find the letter form the FLM office saying that I have to enter now??? (defered. So that has been duly filled in and posted so once again committed to 4 months of solid training after Christmas. Bring it on.

The other good news is that whilst I was away I managed to start running again every other day and managed up to 40 mins at an extremely easy pace. I was surprised to see how quickly the stamina has gone BOO HOO. I hope it will return just as quick as I have my first Tri 2 weeks on Saturday.

Hope everyone is enjoying this fine weather?
  • nichs2nichs2 ✭✭✭
    mj,
    wake up this thread is closed...go to the "sub 3" thread...

from the "sub3 flm 2006" police