London 2006

1196197198199200202»

Comments

• Evening all,

11 days off the thread, 11 days on the booze!!

Great running RFJ,many congrats.

GD, lovely photos of georgia et al and I see you (eventually) got the jiffy bag. Sorry for the delay!!!

KatieS, I was in Bangalore a year last February. Went out running around the park and people looked at me as though I was a complete loony. It's a very smoggy place. I'm sure you will love it over there though and it's so easy and cheap to go and explore other parts of the country. In 8 days we explored Bangalore, New Delhi, Aggra, Chandigargh and Shimla and had a fantastic time. The people were so friendly.

CG did you do the Manchester 10k today?

Must start to think about running again myself??

Cheers all.

CB
  • Hog

Did you do the 5k today ?
  • Spot the difference:

2 Apr 21 May
    Bungay Chester
    7.48 7.47
    7.34 7.34
    7.07 7.19
    7.28 7.27
    7.17 7.33
    7.27 7.25
    7.25 7.29
    7.39 7.27
    7.35 7.31
    7.56 7.57
    7.21 7.25
    7.41 7.39
    7.31 7.22
    0.46 0.44

98.40 98.46

LOL!

System

PS It's still 2006.
  • My 10K report is on the 2007 thread...

Still, at least one Samuelson got a 10K PB yesterday - my big sister did the Manchester 10K and took 4 minutes off her best time, down to 50:38. She was aiming for 52 minutes, so very pleased. Wants to get under 50 minutes now, as well as getting under 2 hours for a half (best is 2:04). And, for the first time ever, she has added 'finish a marathon' to her list of goals! Yes! I'm leading her astray in the best possible way :-)
  • Hi 3:30. Nope, got lost on the way to Hackney - Durr!! Went to the gym instead, and beat meself up on various instruments of torture :-) Next Saturday, I can go out for a run, but I'll have to go out a bit earlier - say 7 instead of 8 :-o I'll give you a call later in the week as arranged. Speak to y'all soon, off to do a bit of shopping - oh deep joy! HM.
  • I went for a 2hour off road run yesterdat with some guys from the running club. Nice conversational pace and was the first run that has felt comfortable since FLM. Hopefully I've turned a corner and can get back to normality.
  • IM - I'm number 116 and will be wearing pale blue Ronhill vest and black shorts. I'll be easy to spot as I'll be going backwards on that 3 mile hill at the start.

CB - The Manchester 10k I'm doing is on 25th June. I didn't realise there was more than one. Have you done this one?
  • KatieS have you got a copy of Welsh Alex's Tower Bridge DVD?

I was watching it yesterday and while looking for myself there was a call of "Katie" and there you where on the screen!!!

I you haven't I will copy it for you.

PS Don't worry about the BBC coverage as I now have a copy. Just send a jiffy and I will forward my DVD to you.
  • GD - I would love a copy of the Tower Bridge DVD! I didn't realise there was one actually, I've got a bit behind with the forums and missed out several pages I think.

Can you email me your address again, I got over enthusiastic with the delete button when clearing out my mailbox after being away for a week!
  • I only found out about it a week or so ago

I meet WA at the Dereham 10 where I gave him a copy of the finish line DVD. In return he sent me a set of DVD's which included the Tower Bridge DVD.

My father is copying the DVD of the finish line today and I know of 4 fourmite that want a copy so if anyone else would like on please tell me.

The ones I know of are:
    CB
    KatieS
    Drifter
    Woj

• Out of curiosity are we staying on this forum or moving to the 2007 , to save looking at both sites ?
  • See you there CG. You can spot my Stragglers vest by the footprint on the back and the number 105 on the front.
  • well for me as I am now fully recovered moving to a new thread sounds a great idea so Im off to the new 3.30 2007 thread see you their
  • GD - what is the tower bridge DVD
  • Welsh Alex sent me a DVD which was of a video taken on Tower Bridge from 11:15 to 12:30.
  • So, who's gonna post last on this thread?
    Baggsie me!

(Should keep it going a while longer ;-)
  • This'll be my last post on this here thread - coz I is a goin' on to the other one - oooh, oooh, I feel a song coming on - "break on thru' to the other side" . Oh well, as one 'Door(s) closes, another one opens - arrrrgh gerroff :-) Just got back from a fast(ish) 8.2 miler, bang on the hour - speed is gooooood!! Hope to see you all on the other thread that the main man 3:30 or Bust has started - London 2007, 3:30 anyone? Speak to you later - HogMonster. PS, 3:30 - I saw you this morning in your car, waved as I looked back, then nearly ran into a lampost outside 'Jacks' - mmmmmmmmmmm, chiiiiiips :-)
  • I could end it with a scary picture of System ...

http://www.telfordharriers.co.uk
  • NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,
  • Should I turn out the light?... <click>