Options

training partners for 1st marathon

London will be my first marathon & I would love someone to train with. Im new to running this year and still very slow! - my 10K time in Brighton was 58mins.
I live in London (W9) but am happy to travel - especially for weekend runs.
If anyone interested please call me on 07976 706 716 - back in uk 7th Jan so can hook up then.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Francesca,

Im in the same boat looking for a training partner. FLM will also be my first marathon. Mainly looking for someone to train with on the long Sunday runs will are just starting for me. my pace looks to be around the same as you. E-mail me if you are interested.

Mark.
  • Options
    Geezer - on the looks front - well you'll never find out will you - your loss mate!
    Now - anyone actually interested in training?!
  • Options
    Not sure where W9 is exactly, but I guess it's not that far from Richmond? Plenty of people run round there every Sunday, probably wouldn't be averse to someone joining them.

My club runs there first Sunday of the month, as well as round Kingston on the third Sunday. Can't guarantee anyone at the right pace - haven't seen a lot of the group who were running at your sort of pace recently. Any clubs in your area?

Serpentine Running Club has a list of clubs around London in the links section.

Best of luck with it :-)
  • Options
    i know the serpentine club - have run a few times with them mid week. And i try to take myself off to Richmond on Sundays - just need to find a pacer now!
    Thank you for the advice.
  • Options
    fran i reckon as a first timer you want to try and do most of those long runs on your own to build up your mental stamina, the run that require a training partner are those that are physically demanding, Fartleks, intervals etc. it worked for me.
  • Options
    I'm doing my long run sun morn/afternoons!

Would love to join you for a change of scenery and help me push myself.

Currently running a hilly 9 miles in 1.1/2 hrs. want to build this to a 2 - 2.12 hr run over the next month!
  • Options
    I've set up a training mates link on www.badlytrainedmonkey.com to let you register your details and view other people who may be looking for training mates in your area. If you find someone suitable you can then email them via the site.

Email addresses are not displayed on the site and will only be revealed to someone you contact via the site.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions then contact me via either the contact us link or via this site.

Best Wishes for 2003 to you all.

Starkas
  • Options
    Hey Starkas,
    Thanks for the link I have registered and am hoping for some luck finding a partner.
  • Options
    Starkas - thanks for the idea - good site too! - have put my details on it and have heard back from one potential training partner already.
    Thank you.