Dinosaur 10K

2»

Comments

• Can anybody get the results as a PDF file as I don't have excel so can't open them.

Thanks to all the marshalls and supporters for standing out in that weather yesterday. Nice to run in but lousy to stand about in. Had a really good race and got a PB which always helps to make a race good. Really nice course and will definately be back next year.
  • shortie100 - I have a PDF file of the results.
    You can download OpenOffice for nothing to view Excel files.
    I agree about the course. I can't imagine doing 25 laps of a track in the rain (or anytime really).
  • P.S. OpenOffice comes from www.openoffice.org
  • wabo you and your boyfriend were parked behind me i tried to say hello during the race around the 2k mark but a car came along and we ended up on different side of the road
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oh blimey this forum does make it a small world! Look out for you at the next one hj!
    how did you get on in the end?
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • sorry i couldnt speak ill know who you are next time ... fairly pleased with 51:53mins back to where i was before knee op 2 months ago , see your pleased with pb then
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    It was my best time for a while but pb is about 52.40, should have followed you !well done!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Thank you all for supporting our race. I am very pleased that you all seemed to enjoy the Deal Tri experience! For furture reference, the race has always and will always start at 10:00am. We always publice this on our website and on all pre-race information sent out. Please try to help race organisers by pre-entering (it helps to get the results out quicker!!), and you save money and get up to date information!

The profits from the race go to Skin Cancer Care and Deal Reggatta funds, so again thank you from those good causes. The race is held each year in memory of Roger Francis-Darby, a Deal Striders/Deal Tri founder member, who died as a result of skin cancer 4 years ago. Although he was a very able runner, duathlete and triathlete he always said he was a "dinosaur" due to his age despite giving all of us a good kicking at any distance!!Thus all you runners, please slap some waterproof sun screen on when you run.

If you wish to do any more races in this part of the world, we have an Open Water Sea Aquathlon (swim 750 mtr/run 4.5kms) on 7th August and our famous very fast, p.b. potential Deal Castle 5 Miler based at Deal Castle on November 6th.

Thanks again for you support.
    Gary
  • So that is where the Dinosaur reference comes in - it is a club saying.

Unfortunately I timed my visit to my brother all wrong and was in Deal for the week before the run. Would have stayed on untl the Sunday but headed back up to Crystal Palace for the Grand Prix on Friday night and then home. Ran the Milton Keynes half on Sunday and if you had the same weather I know what you mean about conditions. I tried the course out a couple of times in the preceding week when it was very warm but not sure I got it quite right.

Must try and do this one next year !
  • Thanks to all at Dinosaur 10k. Apart from the delay at the start had a good race.

I was at the back with my mate and we finished joint 3rd to last. We use the running/walking and laughing method.

Starting to recognise other people at the back from other local races. It is just a competitive at the back for the last spot as for the 1st.

I beat my last 10k by 3 mins so am pleased. You will have 3 of us to put up with next year. So I hope the Marshalls at the back are ready for us again.

Thanks to everyone as it gives us confidence to keep entering these races.

SWB