Marseille-Cassis Classic International Oct 30th 2005 !!!

124»

Comments

• Last year B, I ran up in 1.12 and down in 47mins. Going up I stopped and took lots of photo's and didn't worry too much about the time. Going down I figured I'd give it all I'd got and see what I'd do. I came in in 1.59.53..scraped it. I can't remember if 1.12 was to the 10k to go mark, which is on the down hill side of the summit or at the summit.

However we hit the summit in about 1.08 and the 10k to go mark in 1.10.56 so did the last 10k in 58.15. I reckon if you're in good shape you can run the downhill section around or below your 10k pb time. I think Rach was a couple of minutes outside that and that can be put down to walking through the water stations. The last three miles to the summit were the slowest but that was because it got progressively harder, I know that from my heart rate, which climbed over those three miles.

You can make up a huge amount of time on the down run and I think the key to that is quad and core strength, if you've got those you can really exploit the down hill section, your legs will go long before your lungs do.
    I'd love to see the splits for the first 5 home.

Rach an easy 18k? I should think so after the light work you made of M-C, for someone who 'doesn't do hills' you don't do them quite well! :)

Salsa! So you think you'll be sufficiently recovered from La R by December to salsa! :)

• Thanks for the photos Jelly. Some great ones in there.