Windsor Tri next weekend

Almost one week to go, which means annoying daily updates from Mr Lunt again this week, telling us to do useful things like check our tires are pumped up..

Any body else coming along to this fanstastic race ??

I'll start a list:

Cartman (piratey outfit)- Oly
Tishymouse - Oly

Comments

• fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    yep we are in

Fat Buddha (piratey outfit) - Oly
    Petal - Oly
    Tishymouse - Oly
  • Feeling left out without a piratey outfit :-( Don't suppose any lurking girly has one I could borrow for the weekend?
  • You might try Jj...[but I never said that]...
  • monique's got mine.
  • I'll be there, not sure what being a pirate has to do with it and not sure what Oly means...... new to this place
    What time is everyone after?
    I'm desperate for a sub 2.30.
    PB was 2.37 last year but I've worked very hard over the winter at my running (hence visiting this site)
    Good luck to all and lets hope the river's running slowly!
  • only 4 days to go to this fantastic pose fest...

updating list from impromptu Windsor chat on one of the IMCH threads..

Petal - Oly
    Tishymouse - Oly
    Handrunner (piratey outfit) - Oly
    Dermot Hofferman (I think) - Oly

jj are you coming along to support ???
    sub 2:30?? in my dreams......am old, fat and slow..........
  • Oly?
    Pirate?
    Oly = Olympic distance

Pirate = pirate kit - specially designed trikit for those of us forumites who are doing Ironman Switzerland in July - has a black skull and bones pirate motif on a yellow material.......
  • hoorah !!! another one

Petal - Oly
    Tishymouse - Oly
    tri tri tri again - Oly

jj are you coming along to support ???
  • What about everyone’s target times?
    And how do you keep your eye patches on under your goggles?
    ;-)
    don't be so stoopid ttta - we don't wear goggles..........
  • cartman - this will be the first year in I think five where I shan't be there, I'm afraid.

:o(

FB - tell Petal my buddy Viv is in her ag this year! :o) You go, girls!
    same ag as Tishymouse then.........

shame you won't be there.......
  • really - blimey! None of them look a day over ten years younger!!
  • I could have been there in a work capacity but they have decided in their wisdon I am better off at MK bowl for some long haired scraggies called Greenday ..

good luck all :-)
  • (I thought greenday has short hair??!)

Anyhow, I'll be coming along to watch for a bit during my long swim-bike brick... I'll cheer anyone in pirate kit!
  • Yes - am doing Oly. Don't have pirate kit yet...........actually don't have any kit that is not full of holes... might have to get some on Saturday
  • Mmmmmm you are obviously far more up to date than I am .. I'll let you know!
  • Great stuff Mmmmmmmmm, is Nic coming along to check out her competition at Zurich ??

Real shame you won't be there Jj :-(

I managed 2:30 last year on not alot of training, whereas this year I've done a stack load, so am hoping for some improvement at least..
  • wish I could, FB and Cartman.

I'll tell Viv to look out for pirates. She's a smiley lady with short hair and a soft Geordie accent.
  • FB, just so you know, I'm in the 35-39 age group so I don't think I'll be starting at the same time as Petal.

Oh, and getting to get up at 5am to go swimbling in the Thames, try not to fall off my bike over 26 miles and struggle up that nasty-hill-by-the-castle 3 times on the run is my birthday treat. Can't wait :D
  • forgot somebody else;

Petal - Oly
    Tishymouse - Oly
    tri tri tri again - Oly
    Cartman's mum - Oly
  • LOL Tishy!

I thought FB was rather mistaken, but I didn't want to say too much!!!
  • Cool! good luck with the times, but alas Nic won't be there, she's down in dover harbour doing 'laps' on sunday!

All I have to do is find out how to get there, without going on the course! (unless anyone wants an 'unofficial' draft!!!)..
  • This will be my first Olympic Tri so I'm just hoping to finish. I read in the race instructions that you have to display your number on both the front and back, does this mean that number belts are of little use?

Petal - Oly
    Tishymouse - Oly
    tri tri tri again - Oly
    Cartman's mum - Oly
    BigBob - Oly
    sorry Tishy - for some stupid reason I thought you were in the same ag as Petal! my sincere apologies.........

is Petal's birthday on Saturday so she is likewise not so enamoured about not being able to have a skinful on Saturday night........

by the way - that hill by the castle is not so bad - provided you don't try and run up it on the 1st lap whilst trying to eat an energy bar...........I nearly choked to death last year, and had to stop halfway to cough the bloody thing up..............think I'll use a gel as I get off the bike instead this time........
  • Does anybody have an idea where the Windsor Old Boys School is where we are suppose to park? I can't find any directions in the race info. Will it be sign posted?
    is immediately off the 1st roundabout as you come in from the M4......will be signposted...........is about a 15 minute walk to registration and transition........

• BB you can't miss it, join the mile long queue of traffic filtering off the left hand lane of the slip road from the M4, get your £5 ready and you're in!