Footbed Clinic - Swansea

Greeny.Greeny. ✭✭✭
Does anyone know anything about this place? Do they actually sell shoes or do they just do gait analysis and consultations?

What is the service like?

Thanks,

Greeny

Comments

• They do sell shoes, although most have to be ordered.

I thought the video gait analysis I had done was excellent, but these days there are places who do it for free.

I think the first time I went, I had shoes, and a consultation and came away £200 poorer. But have had no pains at all since switching to the shoes he recommended and adjusting my running style after he pointed out my errors on the video playback.
    So worth every penny at the time.

The shoes I had been sold by Run and Become in Cardiff the month before were completely opposite to what I needed - after all they just watch you from the front and the back running in the street. You really need a side view too. But I know loads of people are happy with the service they have there - it just wasn't right for me.
  • Greeny.Greeny. ✭✭✭
    Thanks, mjohnm. Sounds expensive but if it gets you back running then not so bad I guess.
  • Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭

I went to a podiatrist in Cardiff who talked what seemed to be a lot of sense then manufactured things I could not walk 200 yards in.

Told me my right leg was 5mm shorter than my right; looking at the insoles, the right one is thicker than the left.

Hmmmm.

Also been to profeet in london who again charged me for what you can get done free at expo's. Produced insoles I could not use for long although the assistant did show me a very useful IT band stretch.
  • Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭

That should read

"looking at the insoles, the left one is thicker than the right."