Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

Comments

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Thanks Alex will look at it later a bit busy in work!!

Greeny

No problem will jog down as my warm up:-)
    Sorry you are unable to make it

I know you would be there if you could I will just work even harder so you will have to train harder to beat me next time;-)

10 miles this morning and well it was hard the air quality was rubbish and I must have had my go slow legs on!!

Jen

Happy Birthday for tomorrow:-)
    Hope you get to do something really nice...no alcohol you are in training;-)

It is the only food at a race I have ever eaten(as I am most difficult to please) and it was tasty:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WP where do you live? I can give you a lift if you want. I normally drive to the National Pool from my house and then jog down to the start which takes about 5 minutes so nice warm up.

Thanks for the birthday wishes,am having a very low key birthday actually (I say low key after last year's birthday which was my 21st so it was a birthday week!). Few quiet drinks with the girls tonight (water of course) and then going for a meal with my parents and sister tomorrow night in 698 which I am very much looking forward to. Then nice 12 miles Sunday morning at 10am.

Happy birthday to you for tomorrow too,have a good one.Have you got any plans?

• Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭

Oh - is it both your birthdays tomorrow ? Happy birthdays both !

• :-)

How you doing Alex? You 5King next Tues?
    No following me in the 1st half again!

Hi there, yes doing ok today. Busy morning & just been to the hairdresser and got what I asked for; "For £7 please make me look like a scalped pineapple" !

Every time I go to Taffy's in uplands I get the one that can't cut hair !

Yes, I'll be doing the 5k next tues, and if I have my way one day you will be following me so watch out ! Just gotta get that second half pace sussed out.
  • Ooooooohh sounds like a challenge! ;-)

How about the last Llanelli 5k - £5 - not that I'm confident but by damn I'll have a go.

Ok. Deal. Things are gonna get serious from now then. No more trots in the park for me !
  • Hee hee,nothing like a good challenge.

I'm going to taper for the race and everything so look out! Saying that, I normally do better in a race when my preparation is terrible. I mean,look at the Llanelli 10K for example,I tapered for that and ate the right things,drank the right things and my knee went and died on me!

BTW i'm having an x-ray next Tuesday on my knee so will know in a few weeks if anything has shown up on it.

So, invest £2.50 of my future winnings bribing your doctor ....
  • Alex,if you beat me it'll be good on you because i'm running pretty damn well at the moment (touch wood) so you'll have to have a stormer!

May the best person win!

Now let's have no more of this pressure talk!
  • Greeny.Greeny. ✭✭✭
    WP / Jen - Happy birthday to you both tomorrow.

I think you should both eat loads and loads of cake and drink heavily all weekend!
  • Thanks Greeny,not a drip will pass my lops!

Jen, I agree with Greeny and think you should both eat loads and loads of cake and drink heavily all weekend. In fact perhhaps you could stretch your birthday out for a week or so.

"Now let's have no more of this pressure talk!" - Whats wrong with some pre-match psycology then ? I've just gotta strike at the right angle.
    Thanks Greeny /Alex

But I dont think so not a drop of alchol will pass my lips or cake or any thing that will damage my chances of a PB on Tuesday:-)

Anyone want to carry my bags tomorrow I am going SHOPPING;-)

Jen

22 a wee slip of a lass and a year older than my offspring:-( god I feel old!!!
    Now make sure it is water all weekend:-) seriously have a great time.

Thanks for offer of lift but I like to do a warm up so the run down will suit me(Killay) anyway have a feeling your warm up would leave me for dead;-)

Plans for tomorrow early morning 6 mile run, Cardiff shopping (i love shoppingi n Cardiff)was to go to London but decided not too go after yesterday:-( Lunch out with friends then back home as I am training early Sunday morning so family will call around(that sounds so sad) and just water all weekend.
    Plus my mum is ill and I am bit out of sorts.
    When you get to my age you just let them slip by as I have had so many:-(
    But as a friend said you should be celebrating surviving another year and coming out of it partially unscathed.

i bet that was one heck of a week last year:-)
    Son's 21st in 8 weeks:-(

Alex

I dont think you are doing too bad at all;-)

Greeny we could lay bets on who will win out of Alex and Jen??

Then if Greeny turns up as I know George is not racing(we do like to compete against each other allthough he is winning at the moment:-(

Alex and Jen could bet on which of us will win no pressure on either camp;-)

Greeny we all know you will beat me as you have been training so hard and eating such a healthy diet and not touching the alchol and I am not up to your standard......(do you think this is working;-)

Alex will try part of your route Sunday I can do my usual up to Marquis and follow the route and make my way back home should be about 13-14 for me was looking at only doing 13 but see how it goes?

I have been watching my weight for 3 weeks and......Lost 5lb:-) still a way to go but it feels good to actual shift some weight!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Happy birthday to us
    Happy birthday to us
    Happy birthday dear Poppy and Jen
    Happy birthday to us!

Have a good one WP, i'm in work until 2.30 boooooooooo but then P.A.R.T.Y.! Woo hoo!

Happy birthday Girls; nice day for it !
  • Way too nice to be in work,that's for sure.
    Oh well,only another 2 and a half hours to go...................
    Happy birthday to us
    Happy birthday to us
    Happy birthday dear Jen and Poppy
    Happy birthday to us!

Thanks Alex it is roasting here

Looks like Jen has just finished work just go and Party girl;-)

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression

It's hammering down in Gowerton.
  • I'm living three miles from Gowerton and it's beautiful sunshine - keep the rain to yourself Alex! Could do with it a little cooler though 28C in my back garden!!!

Unless it is much cooler I am giving this one a miss as well, I have decided that hot is definitely not me - cool rain and no wind is my ideal!

CDK - I might be one hell of a bare faced liar mind you.
    Alex

You cheeky devil no way do I believe you and the rain;-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
    CDK

sorry you are going to miss it......why is it every time I have a week off work the hot hummid stuff comes out I must be a lucky mascot for those that like to worship the Sun!!

34C in my room and that is in the shade this time of day!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • <blush>

I'll fall for any old line me!!!!

and my brother lives in Gowerton - so I should have guessed you were telling porkies Alex ;0)))
    Morning

Jen did you stay off the alcohol yesterday???

Not a drop past my lips:-) and in bed early to run this morning;-)

Alex
    Good luck with the 1/2 today it is going to be hot hot hot

14 miles all done and dusted and it was so hot out there and this was at 5.50 longest run since FLM
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression

Hi poppy,

It was bloody hot and I am not the best in the heat. A PW of 1:59 but only really lost time from about mile 10 as I walked a few times. Had not planned to over exert myself in any case.

Well done on the 14 miles; if you thought it was hot at 5:50, you should have tried it after 11 am !!! I think I am even tanning through my Factor 50.

I reckon Jen may well have a hangover seeing as she has not posted and it was her birthday.
    Awww Alex I am sorry did think it was going to be hard today with the heat but well done it the heat.

I have madly entered a half in 2 weeks but may not do it but a 10am start and a lot of public transport travelling ( also not very good at finding places)to do not sure if it is going to be worth it as I will be pants in the heat.
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression