• Options

Yes I am very pleased with timeimage

So Boffin what you been up to?

I am resting today tapering for Cardiffimage

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

i'mn having a low exercise week as I am flitting between Treforest campus and swansea campus...all going well so far and I did the bike commute to treforest today to try and work out all the logistics for cycling each week.....9.25 miles there and 8.75 miles on the way home.decided not to go on the bypass when its rush hour......the extra half a mile made it a safer journey image

• Options

Afternoon image

Glad you explained why it is shorter on the way back than on the way out Seren - was beginning to wonder if you had your own wormhole!

We took Boff Jnr to Cardiff Uni at the weekend Poppy, other than that just work. No running for me; little time for it even if I were fit.

• Options

I have spent 2 days in swansea this week........and on tuesday I bumped in to Nutty Runner.......and today I bumped into Tracey who was looking well..

Tomorrow I expect to bump into alex or Sue...as they are the only people i know in swansea  image  image

• Options

Afternoon image

That's quite amazing Seren! Nutty fair enough; she works at the uni, but Tracey? Yes, I am sure you will meet Alex and Sue next! image

• Options

Hope Boffin Jnr settling well at Uniimage

What a glorious day it is here a great day to get farm work doneimage

Seren: You were fortunate to bump into everyone you know in Swansea

4 miles run this morning Tapering has begun.......

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

morning all

I am loving this dry sunny weather.......my bike commutes have been all dry so far.......long may it last  image

• Options

Morning

It is beautiful and as tapering pure evil when I could be running over coastal paths and all I have had to run is 4 miles,1,mile and 2 miles today

Not sure if I said but won a place at Brighton 10k with kit, kit arrived yesterday so itching to try it outimage

Can not wait for Sunday and then I can get back to proper trainingimage

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

Morningimage

Well done winning some Kit Poppy, will it be saved for the 10k or do you have other plans?

It was a nice dry week Seren, then a bit of a wet shock and now it seems to have evened out to more normal autumnal weather.

• Options

Afternoon all image I feel like an intruder because I haven't been on here for so long image hope everyone is well image 

• Options

Boffin

I have tried it out alreadyimage one would never run in new kit untested

Jones

Hello don't worry we are friendlyimageHow are you and the running?

Seren

How are you enjoying the dry weather?

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

I'm good thanks Poppy image we ran our first ultra this year and Jungfrau Marathon so it's been a busy year image Just Snowdon to go now and i seem to have found some speed from somewhere just at the right time, just hope I can keep it going for another 2 weeks image

• Options
    Hello all. Just popping in to say hello and to enquire if everyone is well?

All good with me, life busy as ever and still plugging away at my on / off running!

Take care

Kev
  • Options

Morning

Jones that sounds like great progress especially the ultra Good luck with Snowdon

Kev

How is the running and races planned or ticking over for the new year? Nice to see more faces hereimage

My back went over weekend so that put pay to running but back out today yippee 6 miles all done.Garmin broke so had to send back to HQ and await a refurbished one so running naked and blind at the moment!

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

Morningimage

Blind, naked running - well that may be a first Poppy!

On / off running is better than no running Kev image

Good luck with Snowdon tomorrow Jones; you may be lucky to get a view from the top with the weather we have at the moment!

• Options

Thanks Poppy and Boffin image a new marathon pb by more than a minute so got to be happy, finished in 3:13:36 in 67th position image Mrs Jones was 5 minutes slower than last year but she was 1st F45 and 7th woman overall so she was happy with her race  image

• Options

Morningimage

Really well done Jones image Those are good results for both of you. Were you in cloud at the top, or did you manage a view?

• Options
    Well done to the Joneses!

I'm targeting Llanelli HM in March - I have no excuse as my house overlooks the course!

How is the back Poppy?

Nice to see this forum picking up a bit. Facebook is good but it's good to have a targeted bunch of people who 'get it!'
  • Options

Well done the Jones familyimage

Nice view then Kevimage.....what date is it?

Back is a lot better thank you missed WSM half yesterday as missed too much training and picked up hubby's virus.

But on to Base training for the winter  8 miles this morningimage

I don't do FB I just don't get it at all .exactly we all get it here injury woes/training/races/nutrition you name itimage

New Garmin arrived so Gertie and I have an understandingimage

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

Good luck with your HM in March Kev; how did you get on in your 10k? At least you will not have far to go for the HM!

Hope you knock that virus out soon Poppy and good luck with your new garmin image

• Options

great marathon times there for the Jones....

Kev.... I am doing Newport half but will be doing the Llanelli full marathon in April.....if are around for supporting  image  image

I have had a week of running as I hurt my back racing last Sunday......did 4 miles slow this morning.felt knackered.....thinking of giving up running for tiddlywinks..

• Options

Seren

I know the feeling my back went also last week but had first run back yesterday around the Lake in Llanelli as the coastal path was too windy I could not open car door!! but 4 miles done I may use this as a speed session every 2 weeks as Achilles was a little tender after run yesterday,

I hope you are feeling better today

Boffin

How is life with you?

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

Morningimage

Take care of those backs! Tiddlywinks sounds a plan Seren image We might get a little windy over the next few days too - hopefully not quite as windy as Scotland have at the moment though!

Very very busy here at the moment thanks Poppy - but that is not a bad thing image

• Options
    Hi a Seren. Yes I should be around for supporting.

Llanelli HM is Sunday 13th March.

How is the back Poppy?

Nice head torch run on the Millennium Coatal Path tonight.
  • Options

Hi everyone. Hope all ok?

Glad to have a gym membership in this weather. Ran 3 times in the gym this week!

• Options

Hi Running Kev

I may do the half never done it before so will be a firstimage

I have run outside all week and this morning no gym for me although have treadmill I will only use it if desperateimage

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

It is a good event Poppy.

I've mixed indoors and out again this week. Today's battle against storm Desmond was fun!!! This was followed by geocaching and playing football with my boy - so I'm fairly tired tonight.

Tomorrows plan is an outdoor run AM and strength and core in the gym in the evening.

• Options

Evening all!

Looking forward to a rest day tomorrow - sore legs! Works Xmas dinner as well - no drink for me and and early run planned for Saturday.

• Options

Survived two parties in one day Friday and got two runs in this weekend - one on the treaddie yesterday and one outside today - pleased with that.

Doing Llyn Llecj Owain parkrun for the first time next Saturday. It will be a slow plod around as I'm running it with a pregnant friend - so we will be taking it VERY easy!

• Options

I have run that parkrun a few times it is where I twisted my ankle so be careful on the downhill section.

I thought I had posted here sorry Kev.

I shall be doing the llanelli half

I have run 5 days a week 10 miles this morning which was a nice run and last week ran most of the Swansea half course and achieving 41 miles average so I am happy with thatimage

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression