Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

Comments

• I have run that parkrun a few times it is where I twisted my ankle so be careful on the downhill section.

I thought I had posted here sorry Kev.

I shall be doing the llanelli half

I have run 5 days a week 10 miles this morning which was a nice run and last week ran most of the Swansea half course and achieving 41 miles average so I am happy with thatimage

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Hi Poppy. I did the Llyn Llech Owain parkrun on Saturday on what I'm told were the worst course conditions ever! That, combined with the terrain made it quite a challenging but very enjoyable run.

Good mileage for you - well done.

I'll probably go to the gym later as the weather is awful.

• hi

just back from a week in Italy with my mother.i did manage 4 runs of about 3 miles each........i find it a great way to explore a new city

• Lovely Seren - I do like Italy.

Had a few days off from running over the festive season - looking forward to a run tomorrow.

• Hi everyone. It would be lovely to keep this thread going - it's been around too long to dwindle away!!

My running hasn't been good as I've had a chesty cold for over three weeks and also PF.

Hopefully next week will be the start of the road to recovery.

• I am sorry Kev I just pop into training and forget about Events must be my old age.

How are you feeling?

I have entered the half in llanelli actually tempted by the series but that would tempt fate if I entered them all!

I have had some knee problems which was my hip flexors it is down to a dull ache and ran my longest run this year today 12.44 miles and a tough route so I am pleased with that.

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • The half is a good event.

My cough is better now - it lasted 6 weeks - it knocked my training but I'm on my way back.

Time for training is difficult at the moment though with work, studying, family life and an illness in the family.

Little is better than none though I suppose! 

• Hi all

Kev ... do you know if the carpark used for the Llanelli marathon has a height barrier......planning on driving down in my new motorhome for the Llanelli marathon....

• Seren - I'll check out where it starts snd report back!

Just a heads up all Sospan RR have re-introduced the Sospn 10k on the millennium path, on 2nd July 2016.

• Thanks for Info Kev I shall do that one as well as so close to me.I was running around the Lake this week.

Seren: Good luck with new MH and hope you can get under the barrier.

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Hi all - hope every one is well.

I've had a busy Easter - a few runs and a long walk over the Gower.

I also helped marshal the Born to Run Ultra in Llanelli which was nice.

Off to North Wales for a few days tomorrow - so catch you soon.

• Enjoy North Wales we love it up there.How far was the Ultra kev?

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • It was lovely WP- Snowdonia was breathtaking.

The ultra was 40 miles.

Not away with work this week so looking forward to a good training week.

• Morning. ..

KeV..hope the training goes well now you are home...I'm struggling to run at the moment with back problems..but I can still bike...yesterday was a lovely ride out around Bristol area..

• Evening ... image

This is so much more civilised than arse book. Just keep forgetting to log in !!
  • I was in Swansea yesterday dropping off the boy.....back again today to deliver what he forgot to pack...

So will take the opportunity to swim in caswell bay...and probably take the bike down to have a spin somewhere different...

• Hope the back is easing Seren.

Nice to see you back on here WA. 

I'm off to London for a few days but I managed to squeeze an early morning 5k in before I left. 

• Enjoy London Kev a beautiful morning for a run shame about all the slippery seaweed on prom.

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Back from London.

Managed another run before work today. Whilst it's tough getting up at 5am to run in the dark and the rain - at that time of day nobody wants me and I'm a free man! Hopefully I can continue this as with a busy job and 3 children - finding time in the evenings is sometimes difficult. 

• Mornings are always the best time it is before the day begins to interfere.....I always used to run at 5am  no one about peace and quiet perfectimage

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Afternoon image

Good to have you back Alex image

Sweetie saw you at the Llanelli half Poppy - looking good image She did call out to you but I guess you were in the zone. We would have hung around to watch you finish, but it was an early start for us and I hadn't been over to see the lambs so needed to get back and check them. They were all good - lazing around in the sun image

5am runs - nice and quiet Kev, but gets a bit lacking in the sleep department? Finding that illusive thing that is time can be a hard task!

• Boffin,

That would explain the mystery of the lady with a plait running back as I was coming towards the turn point I heard a shout Welshpoppy so head went up said yes  and waved and said your looking good but had no idea who it wasimage

How did Sweetie do? I was just running easy as have had a hip injury so only back running 2 weeks.Did you run?

Would have been good to say hello but understand with a farm glad the Lambs were okay lazy monekysimage

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Missed you boffin...

I am still not training...not used to it...nothing really wrong but too knackered and body isn't working..

• Poppy, Seren; I wasn't running, not run for a long time, just supporting - was stood by the loop point near the start/finish.

Bodies will do that Seren! Give yourself time and you will soon be doing something barmy we are sureimage

Sweetie was pleased with her run, which is always nice, an improvement on the earlier half which by all accounts went bely up at 10mile. Like all of us from time to time she is also struggling with injuries.

Despite saying I have not been running for some time - seems I have gone and entered the 10k later, so I guess I ought to do some running then image

• That all sounds good progress for Sweetie and youimage

Which 10k have you entered? I am compiled a list of races I want to runimage

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Sospan 10k Poppy - actually succumbed to a flier under on my windscreen from parking at the half.

it's OK, I can manage 5k, so I can do that twice right?image

10 weeks for 10k; no problem....

...at my age and lack of consistent training, injuries are inevitable!

I have not had the motivation to bother with races for many years, meeting up with a friend I hadn't spoken to for over 20 years since University at that half marathon, who also runs, and spending 2 hours nattering to each other about running gave me a bit of the bug back.

So what is on your race agenda then Poppy?

• Boffin,

That sounds good news on your mojo returning againimage

For me in no particular order;

Swansea half marathon

Carmarthen mayor;s 5k

Sospan 10k

Mic Morris 10k

Swansea 10k

Lake Vyrnwy half

Western Super Mare half(deferred from last year)

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • HI all. I'm hoping to do the Sospan 10k too - as long as I can keep getting up to run at 5am! Did so this morning and caught a lovely sunrise. 

Well done Sweetie and WP on half marathon.  

• Running Kev_ I hope you can run at 5am  most mornings.

Thanks it was a nice half to do very friendlyimage

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning image

Nice few races to keep you busy there Poppy image

Well done on your early morning running Kev; nice way to get more out of your day.