Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

Comments

• Hmmm, 4th Sept, Cardiff 10k or Wolverhampton Marathon ? Any advice ?

• Or the Kent Costal Marathon .... Why are there no 20's this time of year ... yes, I know.
  • Or the half at Afan Argoed.....if there is such a thing,or is it lies?

How're you feeling Poppy?

• Yes, if there is such a thing indeed.

C'mon Poppy, how are you doing ?

Gym for me today following an eatathon yesterday.

Wonder if Phil is back from RTT, how did you do Phil ?
  • Got back last night Alex, Still as bloody hard as ever that race, managed to knock 3 1/2 mins off last years time, but still felt half dead after 11 miles [that hill is a killer!]
    Entered for next year though!!, hopefully it'll be a bit cooler.

May be doing Trot 10km this weekend, depending on babysitters, may also do cardiff 10km, and def for swansea.
  • Greeny.Greeny. ✭✭✭
    Phil - you just got the 666 post!

Scary.

Well done you two on your train race.

Yeah, Poppy, where are you?
  • Hi Phil,

I will enter for next year once the entry forms are downloadable. RW Events system says it is on a Sunday next year. Is this the case ?

Which hill was the killer ? There were so many ! And do you want to divulge your time ?

Was going to do the trot 10k but will prob do the vale of pewsy half instead.

I am almost certainly not going to do Swansea 10k. Hate the course and I can run it any day of the week. There is a Pembs 1/2 the same day which looks more of a challenge.
  • Dale 1/2 is the best,I love it.

I think i'm going to do the 10K race instead of Swansea Bay 10K because Swansea Bay 10K is shite.

I think a half marathon race a fortnight before a marathon might jeopardise my taper so 10K race is the max i'm going to do.
  • Did 2-33-07 by my watch, but a guy on our campsite reckoned he did 2-32, and he was about 2 mins behind me???

The killer hill[the real killer!] was the climb out of the field at 11 miles, solid uphill, no way I could've run that.

Hit the turn in 1h-03, so was hopeful of about 2-20 finish, but heat got to me. ended up with nasty sunburn, even though I'd put factor 25 on!

How did you get on Alex?
  • entry form in back of race programme puts date as sat 19th august, t-shirt,medal and goody bag too.
  • I think Poppy is avoiding us :-((((
  • Greeny.Greeny. ✭✭✭
    Poppy is having a bad day - see "Spyware" thread on general.
  • I saw it,that's why I joked about her avoiding us!

BTW,does anyone know where the Race The Train results are?Are they out yet?I know a few people who did it and interested to see how they did.
  • Sorry guys not ignoring you just having a very very bad day...need to sort this PC out.....hopefully will be back later if all sorted.

Will tell all about running as well!!

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Only teasing you Poppy,hope you get it all sorted.

• Hi All,

Phil, 2:09 (my watch). Ran all the way, train passed me by 1st station on way back. Got hemmed in on way back so won't fall in to that trap next year. Didn't enjoy heat and sideways slant on some of those fields is a massive problem.

I got a suntan despite factor 50 (yes, that's right, wads of factor 50; it really does exist)

Poppy, if you want any s/w that might help mail me (or ring me) but I am only about for an hour or so as I have to go to Cornwallostercestershire tonight and Brighton tomorrow.

Race the train results will unbelievably be on http://www.racethetrain.co.uk/ !! Stupidly last year results only have placing and no times.

Jen, is that the "Great Langdale Marathon" in Cumbria ? Only dale 1/2 I can find.
  • Oh poo I have missed you Alex will send you a mail for when you return ...would be grateful for help:-)

computer still not right looks like will have to format drive AGAIN

Poppy always uses factor 50 as she is a delicate flower who burns easily and dont want skin cancer!!!

A friend of mine did this race the train and beat the train he did around 1.45

I have a weekend from hell but heck what dont kill us makes us stronger or so they say.
    Tried running Sunday after plumber from hell had been but legs dead and weak all to be expected as not eaten till Saturday afternoon but this morning 6 miles done in pouring rain no GPS just me and a watch and loved running through huge pools of water and it felt fine so.....to releave my tension from my computer problems both at work and home ran home from work tis only 2 miles but was good I enjoyed it:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression

• Poppy,

I decided to go tomorrow early instead. Couldn't get my butt in to gear fast enough this evening. 5 Hour drive according to the AA first thing then another 5 to Brighton. Plan is to be back Wed night so back in action in Swansea on Thurs.

If he did 1:45 he must have beaten the train by quite a bit. Train came in in about 2 hours apparently.

I hate the sun too, being a wretched evil creature; spawned of Satan and all that myself.

Have you got anything you don't want to lose ? In which case don't format the drive yet.
  • According to friend train came in 2 mins behind him

Right I am exhasuted so off to bed only had 5 hours sleep yesterday and the same the night before!!

Will email you tomorrow have a safe journey!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression

• Perhaps we are talking different trains. My intelligence is probably faulty.

Goodnight.
  • Hiya,Dale is where Pembs 1/2 is Alex!

People who've done it before call it Dale half,those who ain't call it Pembs 1/2.

A lovely course,really tough and last year it was gale force winds,hail stones and then some rain!Nice and cool though.

Some good hills in it too.

Poppy,sounds like you've had a fun couple of days!Keep taking it easy and just do as much as you feel like,forget the schedule.Do as you did this morning,just yourself and the road :-)

I've just got home from my leaving doo with my work friends.Went to Rendezvous,ate far too much food but I am going hiking up in the Beacons tomorrow so don't feel too guilty.We're climbing Pen Y Fan too so will definately work off all those prawn crackers!

I'm using the hiking as x-training as i'm meant to be doing a 10 miler but won't have time (and probably won't have the energy!) to do it by the time I get back.

Have a good day tomorrow all and will post tomorrow night :-)
  • Morning

just a quickie before I have to rush to work

Good luck today Jen have fun!!

10 miles done coach is back so I have to run easy this week not to exhasut myself so that is all done then I shall run home again today.....I think my av pace for 10 miles was 9.22 I can live with that onwards and upwards

have a good day
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Wow,what an awesome day.

Post more thoroughly tomorrow.

Night all :-)

• Evening People,

Back in Swansea, 860 miles and a night away in under 36 hours. 9 hours driving yesterday (the route from exeter to brighton is awful, only 145 miles but it took nearly 5 hours.)

Full of coffee and roadside breakfast baps. Not good. Slight sore throat. Rundown, as in tired not as in runover.
  • Boo

Welcome back Alex and thanks for all your help!!

Just read back well done to you and your Andrea:-) on race Last Sunday she did very good:-)

10 miles this morning repeat of Tuesday as coach felt I had not worked hard enough so knocked 5 mins of time and ran the 2.5 miles home from work...yes I measured it and was longer than I though...so extra mileage:-)

where is everyone Jen, Alex??
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression

• I'm here

Did you get RFA installed too ?
  • No i was a wee bit of problem Hotmail would not let me look at it for some strange reason...will email you my other email address.
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression

• Done, Jobs a good'un.
  • Yo yo yo,10 mile PB - 68 minutes!Chuffed to bits.

Woo hoo!

Tired now,time for bed.

Promise to give thorough post tomorrow of this weeks events.

Been sooooooooo busy.

Night everyone :-)