Options

Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

Comments

• Options

I can do 68 too, with a Jetpak !
  • Options
    Morning

Just off for a run but I had a reply about the half in Afan Argoed.

Meet at Rhyslyn Car Park at Pontrhydyfen (where we start the PTH 5.75 and West Glam League races).

Course runs up left side of the valley and to Glyncorrwg Ponds before turning and returning down the right hand side of the valley to the start.

No entry fee. Very informal. Accurate Course. For further info contact Alan Perkins on 01639 824149.

Kevin
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

Is that this sunday ?
  • Options

Oh, and do you have a time ?
  • Options
    Yes this Sunday don't have a time ring the chap for details I am rushed of my feet in work or I would have done it.
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

No probs. Just did not want to ask him if you already knew.
  • Options
    Let me know when you know;-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

No reply right now. I will try him later.
  • Options
    Okay

So am I the woman or am I not just call me Miss Marple:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

You are indeed *THE* woman, I bow before you.

Nice one.
  • Options
    Greeny.Greeny. ✭✭✭
    FOUR times this week, yes, FOUR TIMES!!!

Hey, they don't call me four-times-a-week Greeny for nothing you know!
  • Options
    Hiya guys.

Firstly,Greeny,well done mate,4 times this week!Good effort.This thread is obviously inspiring you!

Poppy,i'm so glad that you're on the mend.Nasty old thing that stomach bug.Nice to see that things have got pretty much back to normal for you this week.

Alex,hope your work trip went ok,that was one heck of a drive you did.Hope the training is going well too.

Well,my week has been stupidly busy.

Monday night was my leaving doo from work,which I think i've already mentioned on here,so had no time to train.There was no way I was getting up at 5am to go for a run on Monday morning!

Tuesday I went hiking up the Beacons all day.We were hiking for about 5 and a half hours and we climbed Pen Y Fan and another crazy mountain next to it.What an awesome day though,it was so much fun.

Wednesday was back to normal,I had a club session and it was brilliant,felt really good.

Last night I did the 10 miles in 68 minutes,to say that I was chuffed to bits is an understatement.I feel that i'm training on tired legs pretty much every session now but last night,even though my legs were tired,they still felt really strong.I slept well last night though I can tell you!

I've got 6 miles tonight,6 miles tomorrow and 22 on Sunday.

2 weeks till taper time!Woo hoo!Roll on 11/9/05!

Got to say though,I am really enjoying training.My motivation is at an all time high I think.

One more week left in work then i'm off for 2 weeks then bring on UWIC coaching!

Phew,that's enough of a post for a minute!
  • Options
    Greeny.Greeny. ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Jen, that's one crazy week!

Quite fancy Pen Y Fan, is it dificult to get up or just time consuming? I'm thinking for a 6 year old!

Hmm, taper - good word that!
  • Options
    Well,we were actually doing a bit of scrambling near the top.It was really steep and very difficult terrain,so I would say not advisable for a 6 year old.

It is time consuming but really worth it when you get to the top,I took some amazing photos,the view is quite awesome.

• Options
    Greeny.Greeny. ✭✭✭
    Right, thanks - I'll probably find an easier one to start with then! Not this weekend though...

• Options

Greeny, You stated

"Hey, they don't call me four-times-a-week Greeny for nothing you know!".

How much do you pay them to get called four-times-a-week Greeny then ?

• Options

Sorry, poor Goon Show level humour.

Anyway,

Jen, looks like a great day out. Not been up the mountains since I was young. Used to live in Brynamman as a Kid and thought nothing of trogging up various peaks in my trainers with the dog in tow. Not strictly safe mind.

Your running seems to be going amazingly well and you appear hungry which is obviously doing you no end of good. I do think it is an amazingly good time for 10 miles.

I have had all week off. Maily becuase on Monday I needed a rest day, was a away Tues and Wed, knacked yesterday and rundown after all that driving. Probably do something today, gym maybe and run after if I feel good.

Wish I was off to Uni again. Ah, the good old days. If I could be magic'd back complete with all the wisdom of my mistakes .....

Poppy, Got all that Software working ? Short of anything else drop me a line, goes for the rest of you too.
  • Options
    Alex
    Thanks;-)

Greeny
    We know you 4 times aweek as of this week but can you keep it up week in week out;-)

Jen

yes I have been really lucky and looks to be a 60 mile week as well.....just want to be able to do 70 mile weeks...I know a girl is never satisfied!!

but it is not 2 weeks for taper marathon not till 9/10??

This week
    Monday 6 miles+2.5 miles from work
    Tuesday 10 miles+2.5
    Wednesday rest day
    Thursday 10 miles+2.5
    Friday 12

How is your training Alex?

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

Training good up to this week, on stop since Mond because I have been busy.
  • Options

There's a moose loose about the

a) Goose
    b) Noose
    c) Hoose
    d) Artichoke

So, for £5000 which is it to be ?
  • Options
    I would go for Hoose

have you been drinking Alex:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

Nope, it is Artichoke.

You lose.

Not been drinking. Just insane.
  • Options
    Actually artichoke was my first answer but though more about it!!!

I have had a few glasses of wine as a rest day tomorrow big mistake I cant drink!!!
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

Judgin by that mail your typing is ogign praidyl odwnihll
  • Options
    Hello you drunken lot,Poppy,my taper does begin in two weeks but it's a bit of a long winded taper.

For example,the first week of my taper will be :-

Sun 16

Mon 5x1000@4min 30sec

Tues 8

Wed club

Thurs 10

Fri 6

Sat rest
    43 miles xclub

18th
    Sun 15

So,not really tapering properly,just slowly cutting down on my training.

Time for bed now,working in Bridgend in the morning,ruubbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaassssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Night all :-)
  • Options
    anyone doing st clears 10km on sunday?
  • Options
    Thank you Alex for saying that!!!

Ow my head hurts
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

Like it says, "Beer is the Answer"

Most mooses have fruit juices.