Options

Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

Comments

• Options

Hello all

WA - hope you got back to bed eventually.

FL - thats bad news.  Have you had any treatment on it?  I know a very good sports therapist if you want her number.  She has worked wonders on my leg.

Here we go.  Wish I didn't have to.image

• Options

Chris, that is not good. I know I would be really down in the dumps myself and when something like that happens I always think I will never get better, which of course I do. How is it looking ?

Nutty, yes, I did. Just got up again with him (everyone else is still in bed !)
  • Options
    Morning Welshies!

We are home from the land of pasties. Very nice it was too, will defo go there again, we were all really sorry to come home. Nice to be home though, we were staying in a caravan and whilst it was fine for a few days, it was starting to get a bit claustrophobic. Our house now seems HUGE! Don't know how you do it Boff, especially at your height.

FL - hasn't the swelling gone down at all?

Nutty - glad to hear your leg is better, that's great news.
  • Options

Morning,

I have a head full of bruises Tracey!! image

Cheer up FL, you will recover image

Not good being up in the night Alex, any chance of a cat nap later on?

• Options

Evening allimage

Thanks for the kind words, feeling better tonight. Booked in to see Wayne tomorrow and booked in for an MRI in about 4 to 6 weeks. Swelling has gone down a good bit and there is no pain so running IS going to commence again soon, I WILL run at VLM even if I have to hopimage. I know its a stupid attitude but its just some thing I need to do. I will rest it after the maraimage.

Welcome home Tracey.

• Options

Hello all

FL - you poor thing.  Good luck with all the treatment.  See you on the trip.  I will be there to shout support along the route.

Tracey - sounds like you had such a good break.  Its always nice to come home though.

Another run tonight with no pain.  Felt like old times, at long last image

• Options

We are back from Aberystwyth after a very relaxing long weekend away.

Lot's of caravanning gone on people! We love our caravan as it's when we are happiest as a family - simply spending lots time together. Five of us squeeze in just nice!

Back on the diet / training regime BIG time tomorrow! 

Great news re: running. NR.

FL - hope you can get knee sorted.

Alex - amazing times there hope you are on the up.

• Options

"Alex - amazing times there hope you are on the up." - Thanks Kev, but seeing as I was running about 30:15 for 5 at xmas and can run 63 in a half at the 10 mile split I still have a way to go. Having said that, I can remember my first 10k, about 2001, 58 mins and I was beaten by a bunch of 12 year olds !

One of my best ever holidays was in Aberaeron in the summer of 76 image

"Caravan, now my gnome is on the run, overland .... " - I think those were the lyrics weren't they ?

Chris, all in all you are fast enough, and 3 weeks of enforced extreme taper may well be a good thing. To quote Lawrence of Arabia "It was written"
  • Options

WA - words of wisdom image.  As you say, a few years ago, you would have only dreamt of running a sub 70 minute 10  miler.  You will be fine.

My first 10k was 50 minutes and I thought I was flying!!!  Well, I nearly tripped over running towards the finish.  Things never change!!!

• Options

I have to qualify it by saying that it was my first 10k after coming back to running. When I was a young lad I had a 1500m pb of 4:22 and thought I would pack in running when I could no longer run a 5 minute mile off the back of no training !

Nutty, 50 mins was far too good.
  • Options

WA - I thought it was rubbish at the time and that was a long time ago.  I haven't improved much at that distance really.  Goodness knows what time I could do for 10k now.  If I could even run that far!!!

You are a strong runner WA and you have a good finish.  I seem to remember pacing you for a half marathon in Cardiff and right at the finish you sped off.  image

• Options

My first 10k was 67 mins so it's good to see there should be good times ahead if you stick at it.

Sorry though Alex - you've got me on the lyrics - in 76 I was still watching Playschool!

• Options

Nutty, you will be fine, you are genetically a runner.

"You are a strong runner WA and you have a good finish. I seem to remember pacing you for a half marathon in Cardiff and right at the finish you sped off." - I am a right git ! So much for ladies first eh !

For Kev
  • Options
    Weren't you watching playschool in '76 as well WA? image
  • Options
    A - a 1980 "hit" - I was severly influenced by my older brother at that time and we spent all our time listening to heavy metal!! That was if we could get my Mother's Elvis records off the record player!!
  • Options

Morning all

Here we go again image

• Options

Another day eh !
  • Options

I was watching Wacky Races image
  • Options

Morning.

I grew up without electricity - no TV for me! ...I seem to have gone full circle, might have electricity, but still don't have telly!

Just had a pheasant wander through the yard - life in the wilderness!

• Options

Was it a pleasant pheasant ?
  • Options
    It looked happy enough, strutting it's stuff! - Not sure if my Dad has ever tried pheasant, if he has then maybe I am a pheasant plucker's son?
  • Options

I'm sure you are.
  • Options
    He's not a pheasant plucker he's a pheasant plucker's mate and he's only plucking pheasants 'cos the pheasant plucker's late.

Morning folks

Don't get excited but I may run today. Haven't done so since last Thursday as I tend to cough uncontrollably when I breathe heavily. I think it's on the way out now though, slept all night last night for the first time in a week, so may have a trot later. Don't think I'm up to 3M this evening though!

I hated 80's music - I don't like dancing, loud music or ecstasy and if you take those factors out, there seemed to me to be very little left.
  • Options

This pheasant business really is getting out of control.
  • Options

...only if you say it out loud three times quickly image

Glad you are feeling better Tracey - good nights rest and you will be up for a pleasant run - watch out for those pheasants though, they may be teaming up with the Carmarthenshire Squirrel Crew and then who knows what will happen - nobody's nuts will be safe!! image

• Options

Evening all

Been to see Wayne and he has worked wonders yet again. My legs feel like new. Knee still swollen, won't find out whats up with that until I have the MRI. But feeling better and have been for a run this afternoon and it wasn't too bad.

Hope everyone is ok today.

• Options

Hello all

Thats great news FL.  Good luck with the knee.

Hope you enjoyed your run Tracey and that you feel better.

Its  a crazy world Boffin.  You just don't know whats round the corner.  Hopefully a house with electricity for you!!

A gorgeous evening.  Just had to get out and do a little run image

How's your training WA?  You still off the yogurt?

• Options
    Thanks NR, how did your run go?
  • Options

Good thanks FL.  Wore a leg support which seemed to help.  No ankle pain which is great.

Hope your knee gets better soon. Get some ice on it image