Swansea Harriers Seaside 5K Series - Race 2

Comments

• Morning all

Happy birthday for yesterday NR, hope you enjoyed.

• Morning image

Next year it is then Kev !
  • Morning all

Lovely day again.  Good luck to those of you racing tomorrow.

• missed you big day NR soryy ... hope it was good.

they have decided to change the route tomorrow of the marathon so we are spending more time going up and down an industrial estate.....great for spectating as we go past one point 6 times and another point 8 time........but might get a bit boring when running

off for a nap now....

• Seren. Ouch ! I am so glad I didn't enter now !

Just done 90 minutes slow. As chance would have it, despite it feeling desperately slow it turned out to be 12 miles aka 7.5 minute miles. Have got a nasty twinge in my left heel though image
  • Hello all

SEren - good  luck for tomorrow.

WA - thats bad luck.  Rest up. Ice it and elevate it.  You will be okay I hope.

Just had a very pleasant evening, cocktails in Morgans then pasta in Ask. Thank you for your lovely company Sue and Tracey. Really enjoyed. After a few days of celebrating my birthday, its back to  normal image

• Morning all

Good luck to all racing todayimage

Some of us are meeting at sainsburys car park and running down to Mumbles along the front.

Alex, hope the foot is ok. I've also picked up another one on the back of my kneeimage. Falling apart hereimage.

• Morning

Oh dear, we are all a bit worse for wear again.  

Enjoy your run FL.  Lovely day for it.  I will be going the other way so may see you about.

WA - hope you are feeling a bit better today.

• Good luck Seren.  Look forward to hearing your race report image

• What time Chris ?
  • Just looking over the course now - bright sun and a very gentle breeze - perfect running weather!

Just going to head over now. As you say Alex perhaps next year?

Have a good day all. After finishing my first exam (no. 2 on Wednesday) I certainly am going to. Going to watch the marathon and Heidi is roasting a chicken so we can have a nice salad for lunch (and the kids a roast dinner) - perfect!

Catch you later

Kev

• I might pop down to watch the marathon later too.
  • They got away to a good start. Quite a few 3m's people running and a number of Neath / Celtic Tri / Sarn Helen as well.

After the first lap of the dock they had split and a group of circa 8 people were out front (the commentator said Steve Thomas of 3m's was one) plus there was a Sarn Helen guy and a Neath Runner (with a black and white pirate bandanna on).

There is no breeze now and the sun is shining. Saw a few putting sunscreen on! Hope it doesn't get too hot for them.

Speaking to the organiser - Tim Gasser (Human Being Active) he was expecting the first in around 3:00 or slightly before.

Also, interestingly he mentioned that the Llanelli HM is starting outside Parc-Y-Scarlets next year and finishes IN the Stadium.

• Wow this is cool, literally a running commentary! Have you got your blackberry with you or summat Kev?

Good luck all, I'm thinking of you Seren, sending you loads of fast, happy thoughts!

Lovely night last night, apart from the always delightful company of Sue and Clare, I was introduced to a lady who's answer to life kicking her in the teeth is to cheer up and do an Ironman! She was really nice and an inspiration - AND I had pie!
  • Just looked at the new route - oo-er! I am so glad I'm not marshaling that, it looks ever so confusing!
  • No Blackberry Tracey but my house is 400yds from the start - just popped back and fore and now taking the kids to see the finish.
  • Alex, sorry mate, it was 8am and I missed your post.

NR, looking good girlimage welcome back to the world of runningimage. see you next week for a few beersimage.

Kev, sounds like Glyn Price-sarn helen and Flying Ant-Neath. any more news?

• Hello all

Was good to see you all this morning FL.  I ran for 55 mins.  Longest since September!!!

Hope Llanelli went well.  Nice day for it.

• hi all

it was hot out there and i was suprised that i actually liked the course and it was good for spectators...........a bit lonely at times but chatted to quite a few nice people.......I manged to get to 17 miles at 10 min/miling..........gave me a barrier to get the sub 4:30.slowed down a bit then and again at 20 miles..........

poured so much water over me as it was just too hot for me.........

middle son ran the last 7 miles with me   ( in his new £85 shoes i bought yesterday) he didn't stop takliking or bulling or motivating me the whole time.................I was desperate to walk at 20 miles for a bit but he wouldn't alow it saying we didn't have enough of a buffer if i slowed down too much.............

at 23 miles we turned back to the finish and suddenly a head wind appearred from nowhere..........I dug deep and managed to finish in 4:25 ish ... will await officially time as I had problems with my garmin..............but definitely a shiny new PB and the sub 4:30 i have waited 4 years forimage

it was great to have the family supporting and the course was great for supporting and thanks for the many shouts and encouragement from Gravimage

• Yes Chris - it was Glyn and Flying Ant.  

It was a great event. Weather was fantastic. I spent 4 hours on the course (in between popping home -400yds across the road).

The winner (David Kehoe) won by a clear margin - 5 mins or so at 2:42. There were a number of Runners in below 3 hours.

It all seemed to be well organised.

Nice to see a number of ladies running and the winner was in the +35 age group!!!

They were all a great inspiration to me - very well done.

Kev

• Also very well done Seren!!!!
  • Well done Seren. Thats fantastic. REst up and enjoy basking in the glory of a pb image
  • Seren, congratulations on your PB, well doneimage.

• I've got a baddie ankle image 5m run + 5m walk back today. its fine walking. Looks like a few days off road for me image

Seren, Well done image
  • WA - sorry to hear about that.  Do take it easy.  REst up and you will be fine for the weekend. image
  • Busy working on assignment for uni.  I am on a roll now after having a bit of a block.  Its the trip to Sainsburys and the coffee that helped Tracey image.  Cheers.

• Missed the Marathon too as by the time I had walked back it was too late to go over to Llanelli, looks like a good day over there too and there could hardly ever be better weather.
  • Evening allimage

Happy belated birthday Nuttyimage

Alex, how have you managed to hurt you ankle? Difficult to rest an ankle as you need it all the time to move! You can always hop! image Unless you have managed to hurt both ankles... but nobody is that daft! 

Well done Seren - fantastic effort getting your deserved PB image Nice to have the encouragement in the last miles - but the PB is all yoursimage - sorry about the promised drizzle cloud - it tells me it got lost and will be along later!!!

• Hope your well soon Alex.

Yes weather was good - after 4 hours on the course my face is glowing!

Kev