Llanelli Millennium Coast 10K

This is a fantastic run, good for beginners and the more experienced. Out and back course starting n the middle (if that makes any sense!), means it is really good for spectators as they can see you start, watch you part way through and see you finish without budging an inch!

Who's up for this then?

Atb

Boff

Comments

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Me me me

See you there Boffin:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • OK, not sure what is going on here...the event tab only shows up the one forum discussion....but there are two!!!

Best thing I think is ignore this one and follow the link below to the established one...

..just having one of those mornings!

Llanelli 10k

Atb

Boffin
  • I have just entered this race online. Will I get any confermation through the post?
  • Sorry to have taken so long to reply Claire (just getting around to entering myself!), if memory serves from last year's event - no!

The numbers were waiting for our collection on race day. So long as you get there early enough there shouldn't be any difficulties.

You have the online confirmation of your entry, so no worrying needed :)
  • I am pretty new to running myself, I much prefer swimming. I have done two 5km fun runs last year under 23 mins and am very keen to do a 10km this summer. Is this a good race for this as I am a bit worried it might be a bit hard core with lots of club runners? I would be grateful of any feed back.....
  • Janice

Even club runners can be slow.

Don't worry. Not sure if this is a "fast" IE falt course but should be good.

Boff
    in, out shake it all about but is it flat?
  • DOH
    boff ignore me! Flat yes im there for a crack then.

Jan also
    " Probably one of the best races you will ever run in! A warm and friendly atmosphere with a beautiful and scenic route"

• Not only is the course flat, it has a lovely bouncy tarmac surface (if you run on the red half!) which is like running on a treadmill :)

This is a fantastic run, although it is exposed so if windy - you suffer! :))
  • Flat ....it is not flat Boffin
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • It's definitely not flat! But it is very definitely windy! You will run half the race with wind in your face no matter which way the wind is blowing that day.

Good race though! I'll probably do it again, at the moment my calender is looking a little full!!
  • ...There's only one little bump over the railway line...

..you of all peeps Poppy can't call that a hill! :)
  • Hello,
    Completed the half marathon there last month. Loved it so this race is a deffo for me. Can't wait. Anyone elso do the half marathon, seen the pics yet?
  • Kirsten, I thought about it, then remembered I hadn't run for ages so decided better of it ;)
  • Boffin
    I've just come back from hols after 2 weeks, feeling really unfit and running Reading half this Sunday. I managed 12 miles on Sat. Hope I'm OK for it!!!!
  • Looking forward to this one again even if my memories are of it being too hot and the wind always in your face.
  • Hi redkite, how's things? It was hot, I remember struggling last year :( - Still a fab run though:)
  • Boffin
    Good to hear from you. Hope to do the race again this year. Better get training to make sure I beat last year's time.
  • There is a nice amount of time to build up for this event, a PB is well on the cards for you:))

...are you doing the self transcedence series this year?
  • Boffin
    May do some of them. Its the boy's birthday next Friday so it depends on whether he comes home from Uni for a family evening.
  • I entered this race online about 2 weeks ago. Iam a bit of a technophobe and it's the first time I've done an online entry.I haven't heard anything since,email or otherwise. Is this normal? Will I be contacted nearer the time maybe?
  • blue monday,

Online entry is immediate... you should have got a confirmation email within a few minutes of the appliction.

...I am fairly sure numbers are collected on the day for this event??

Check your bank account and see if a withdrawal has been made. I am sure you are entered :)
  • Thanks Boffin,
    Not sure what happened to the email but I've checked and they've had my dosh so I guess I'm in.
    Hope it goes well if you're doing it.
  • Oh yes, we (the whole family Boffin) are doing this run:) If the sun is shining it can be lovely down there - if not a little on the hot side!

Being on the coast the run is subject to the sea breeze... don't really notice it when standing around - different story when you are racing!
  • I've sent off my entry and I'm curious as to how many entrant's too expect, anyone know how many took part last year.

I'm new to this running game and not sure what to expect -only done one race to date...
  • Dorian, in 2004 there were 317 competitors, last year there were over 1000! However, last year incorporated the championships as well and so was huge.

Despite the numbers, the event has always been well organised - even spectators are catered for.

As you are new to running, don't try to expect anything in particular - just come along and enjoy the day.

I would advise starting towards the back of the field and pace yourself (with the pack) for the first 3km or so. See how you feel at that point, If you want to go a little quicker just start overtaking the odd runner being carefull not to go too fast (if you do, then you are sure to pay the price around 8km!)

Don't worry, you'll have a great day:) - What distance was your first race??
  • Hi Boffin

Does the race include the championships again this year??

As for the my race distance it was a 5 miler (41 mins) I did so I think I'm good for the distance, hope so as I'm in Blackpool on the 4th June trying a half marathon so fingers crossed.

Thanks for the advice I'm going to try it out in Blackpool and let you know how I got on.

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Yoo Hoo Boffin:-)

See you at this event:-)
    How is the injury? are you going to PB here?
    I will try my best to hang on to coat tails but have a feeling you will be way too fast for me this year.
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • i've been reading through, and I have to say, (clare i think was unsure of her times) 23mins for a 10k to me sounds good...i have recently started a team and we done are first race at swansea rfl 5k and found it quite tough going, were doing approx 8-10 miles per week now but our times are nowhere near...but it's great fun and will see you all there.
  • What's this one like?

I live in Oxfordshire and come down to Wales every 3 weeks to sing with the South Wales Male Choir in Cwmafan. As this isn't too far from there I was wondering about doing it.
  • Have just entered this. Blue Monday, if you're still getting this, I noticed that details will be sent out a week before the event.