Nick P. 645 (50-55 mins)
    Tri Taffia no. 745 (42 minutes)
    Coach
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    I also look like this---------------:-)

New Route and starting place so no idea on meet up maybe by start and finish line

Good luck everyone give it heeps today
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Feeling hot hot hot.

That was hot then.
    Times way out for everyone then.

Oh forgot to mention on swansea thread. I had a word with the guy who come 3rd. Running for british army.
    Even he said very hot for PBs!
    Yes Very hot out there today but due to my Sunlotion not a bit of burning on my skin:-)))

yes all times were way out

great too see bottles of water on course instead of silly cups a much better plan
    Great toilets superb
    An improvement on previous years
    But can we have less sun next time:-)

maybe you could put another race on this course in autumn when it is cooler???

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WELL A BIG THANKYOU TO THE ORGANISER'S...
    IS ALL I CAN SAY...VERY WELL DONE.

OUR TEAM THOROUGHLY ENJOYED IT, WE WERE ALL HAPPY WITH OUR TIMES...
    BANG ON THE HOUR FOR MYSELF,
    HAPPY BUNNY...

AMAZED THAT SOMEONE CAME IN AT 31MINS...

I AGREE IT WAS ON THE WARM SIDE, BOTTLED WATER WAS VERY APPRECIATED AND NEEDED,
    GAVE ME JUST THE BOOST I NEEDED.

NOT SURE WHERE WERE GOING FROM HERE BUT WE ARE BOOKED IN FOR CARDIFF 10K IN SEPT..

IF ANY OF YOU ARE GOING ..SEE YOU THERE.
  • A good day,brilliantly organised race with a great atmosphere and I managed A PB 49.33.Oh and England won!
  • TC
    Well done.
    Also merthyr 10k swansea 10k both flat and I mean FLAT!
    Monday well done 49 minutes, possible i passed you in the last K then as I had 2nd wind and took a few peeps.
  • I always enjoy the Llanelli 10k, one of my favourite races:)

It was hot, and I guess that will just have to be my excuse too....

....nothing to do with the mad tactics of trying to keep up with Welsh Alex doing 4:30 min miles over the first 2k, then 5 min miles for the next 2k before finally crashing and burning by 6k!

..it was fun, crazy, but fun!

Came in 4 min of PB with 50:44 by my watch. I was shattered yesterday afternoon and still tired this morning - so I worked and thus am happy:))

Anyone who came in after me would have seen myself (still with race number attached!) and the little Boffins helping at the water station. Seems things got a little hectic and the marshal couldn't keep up with demand. Not the first time this has happend at races and one pointer the organisers can improve on for next year.

When you have tired runners who have just given all in the last few metres, they really need hydration straight away, not having to queue.

I may think about the swansea 10k... next on my agenda is the Scenic 7... you up for that TT?
  • Boff
    Yes I will be there. Few hills in that one? Yes im sad and LIKE hills.

Water, was there just one water point?

Plenty dishing out the t-shirts but as you said last thing on my mind.
    I wanted water. Even though I had a nice sit down at 8k with my bottle!
  • Hills, which one are we taliking about...

...the "pancake flat" Llanelli <Boffin ducks once again> or the Scenic Seven?

...The Scenic 7 is anything but flat - first 4 miles are uphill :)

Technically there were three water stations at this 10k - just before the turn around on the first out stretch, then at the junction near the start/finish and finally a table after the T shirts.
  • This was a flat 10k!

Yes senic 7 good warmup for brecon 10!

I think time we started talking about merthyr mawr again.

I want a pudding!
  • I think I need to go with Phil and train on the Big Dipper - I don´t fancy the hang around bottleneck at the top this time! - The only alternative is to run like a thing possessed up the dipper to avoid the jam!

- there is a 10k in Machen that goes up the mountian which could be good training??
  • Thank you fast guys for staying around and cheering us joggers across the finish. I am chuffed with my 1:05. What a great day - perfect weather, friendly people, lots of support. Thanks everyone!
  • Boff I run up penyvan for training.
    However noting prepares you for the big dipper the 1st time!

Amy
    Well done. good time. Enjoy the heat?
  • TT, are you the only nutter training up penyfan, if so , it was you passing us twice walking up last year....

boff ...i really don't like your flat..

as a beginner and a coach(loosly) of a small team ...were not use to anything more gradiant than a canal...(neath)...but i must admit it's a brilliant race..(run) as I came in bang on what I hoped for 1 hour...after all it was a little warm ...
    I would do the 10k swansea but it's too close to cardiff which I'm already booked into....

where is the big dipper...surely can't be worst than penyfan ..can it?

well done to everyone ....31mins he's having a laugh....
  • I think there are a few "nutters" that do the "fan"! PB of 42 minutes story arms to peak and back again.

Nah that is a flat 10k. ok the 8k rise was a bit of a sap.

You can do merthyr 10k thats in august.

Merthyr mawr is in december.
    The big dipper is 300ft sand dune.
    Look for all the brave/stupid/fit runners doing a charge at the beginnig. Very funny to watch.
    I will find the link to the pics for you.

• I am doing the Scenic 7 too! It is one of my club races so have to be there! I am number 4! and not looking forward to the hills even though we train on the hills in the area every run! It will be tough!

Anyone doing the Mynydd Isllwyn Mile?
    A whole mile up hill! the course record is 7:50
    Am contemplating this one but think it is likely to take me 1/2 hour!
  • Rio
    I have heard about that mile thingy!
    Will talk to you tomorrow about it.
  • a 300ft sand dune....where..?

is it man made or natural...not that it makes much difference ...it's seriously not natural to run up it....

i'd go and watch though ....

are you one of them ?

your obviously not quite wired if you can do fan in 42mins either...

do you know this all started for me just 8 weeks ago by tagging along taking 2 women for training down at neath canal for race 4 life in swansea...now looked what they've got me doing ...

i'm not sure i'm wired right either!!
  • Google merthyr mawr sand dune.
    Biggest in europe!

wired right? Correct I do silly things like tri's!
  • just off over the dunes, but time a bit limited so won't make it to the dipper tonight, and its raining so should be a lovely wet run - my fave!!
  • Rio, how many clubs do you belong too?? - am contemplating the mad mile......!
  • right this mad mile.

Theres a pub at the end?
  • It's better than that... I understand there is cider, bitter or lager waiting on the finish line for you. Then you wander further up the hill (typical!) can in hand to the pub.

- I guess then you are allowed to collapse in a heap of jelly legs?

I heard about it from the Islwyn lot when I did Scenic 7 a couple of years back... sounded like a suitably silly thing to do - I doubt I am fit enough!
    results are up
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Slightly off topic but for those who prefer a hiily run the Tenby 10k on the 30th july is quite lumpy for a road race.
  • is that one on this year - haven't seen it advertised

and yep, pretty hilly
  • :( My official time is more than a minute off the time on my stopwatch :( Now I am depressed :(
  • Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭

We reckon it is gun to chip.