Bromley and Surrounding Areas

1171819202123»

Comments

• My sentiments.  I wondered about using the PCSO to cross Court Road into Goddington at the start, then use the lights by Homebase to get to Scadbury.  In the alternative taking a clockwise route there is a bridge over theM25 slip road. but then Scadbury is missed.  Its a bit messy around the Crays Iliterally!)

If such a route was planned then I know a number of Orpies are interested in planing a route, maybe we could look to PW to assist in the bit that crosses thier territory thus making it a joint race between the two clubs. This I think would add greatly to the take up for us all and also assist in the provision of additional marshals with both clubs offereing some, plus the local churches and of course the Bromley Round Table....

Yes Downe.... Lovely area but... whats wrong with Alsations... Did you know I have just bought one... and you'll never believe what the pedigree name is... Just Joggin Along... we couldn't beleive it either when we were sent the Breeders Certificate !  Hes now 16 weeks old an already had a couple of track sessions... well nothing like getting them trained early if hes to become a running dog that wont go under your feet when training... whilst also ensuring those pesky rats on leads don't get in the way in High Elms.

A route with lots of landmarks I think is my main aim. After all London now has, A building site in Greenwich, Tower Bridge, Canary Wharf, Big Ben and the Finish Line, nothing else much to offer (apart from the odd supporter !

Tiger - yes there were finishers medals - not sure what they were like but I'll email Martin for you. Better than the medals though is the T-Shirts. I love em (OK I designed them !) onthe front is the charity logo but on the back is some amuzing text (ok appealed to my sense of humour)... If I can't get you a medal would a T-shirt be OK, no promises though. If it can be arranged I can either give to Snoops or if you at the ORR 10k on 21st June I can give it to yoiu then,

• Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭

I'll bring it up under 'any other business' at tomorrow's PWR committee meeting and let you know, Ashley.

See you on 21st June.

I did mention it, and any request for marshalls can be passed on to the PWR members.

It's not a 'clubby' race though, so I think any response might be somewhat limited in terms of numbers volunteering.

It strikes me though that you have managed up to now with few, if any, marshalls.

After all, with the good signeage provided hitherto, it's only at certain strategic points, such as when crossing the A21 and Station Road that they are essential, so your requirements for additional marshalls may be restricted.

Did the Orpies 10k race last Sunday.

Good to see so many local runners there. Petts Wood turned out about 25 entries and the ladies team got second place.

The event was well organised and PWR weere given a lot of encouragement by the Orpington club marshalls, which was pleasing, and we'll reciprocate when it comes to our own 10k in October.

Given the good relationship between the clubs, maybe it's time to rescue/revive the mob match event. 

• Glad you enjoyed the day, my first year as Race Director !

Good to form the first race started late (by 10 minutes) but I managed to get things back on track so that the 10k went off on time.

I must admit I missed who was and wasn't running so Im glad that PWR had such a good turnout.

Not sure who our reciprical Mob Match people are - I will bring it up at our next meeting (monday 29th) and will mention it to the chairlady tonight.

• would y'all let a jolly, cheery, sort-of beginner (sort-of not, but I sort-of don't do anything running-wise for ages which takes me back down a few levels) from Shortlands join in your fun?

Hi!

We don't run as a group these days, as we did when we were the Beckenham Running Club between 2002 and 2004.

Now, we tend to run in our own club runs i.e. Orpington Road Runners or Petts Wood Runners.

If you're in Shortlands, a starter group at nearby Beckenham Running Club seems ideal for you. Or maybe a parkrun such as the Saturday morning 5k's at Banstead Woods, albeit that's a but further away.

Good luck with your running! 

• thanks for the tip-offs! didn't know Beckenham had a running club, despite thorough searching.

Banstead's not too bad for me either, since the OH lives in Caterham.