New Kit Secretary

Just to let you know that I have now officially taken over from the lamb as kit sec, so if you have any questions, queries, problems, etc., please direct them towards me from now on.

If you want to order kit, please continue to do so through the URWFRC website as before. Cheques need to come to me now though. SB has updated all the details on the site now I think anyway.

I would also like to publicly thank the lamb for getting the whole kit thing off the ground. My job should be fairly straightforward (famous last words!) as lamby has already done all the hard work in making contact with Wasp, setting up the bank account, collating all the orders and allowing her living room to look like a sorting office when dispatching the orders. It was fabulous to see people at Burnham Beeches wearing the kit...Windsor is going to be a sea of blue and gold!!!!

On behalf of everyone at URWFRC, thanks a lot lamby for getting this baby off the ground - you're a hero!!!!

Comments

• Yes - thanks a million baa's Lamb - but also thanks Dog Walker for taking on this role so willingly.

• Hear hear - excellent job by the Lamb. And thanks too to DW for taking over.
  • Well done the Lamb!!

What's your dog DW?? We've got a border terrier.
  • KK,

She's a Heinz 57 called Amber!!! The dog on my picture is actually her, not that it's very clear in B & W. She's just turned 3 and is a right little livewire.

Border terriers are lovely. We nearly ended up with a sheepdog pup last week after looking at a litter on the way back from Wales. Mrs DW would have happily taken all 10 back, but luckily common sense prevailed. Don't think it'll be long before she (Mrs DW) gets her way and we have another dog though!!!
  • Be careful we had two lurchers. the older one died and the remainder her son was very down and lethargic. so we got a Lab puppy - now over 1 - see piccy. Then I was conned by the missus and we have another lurcher - so 3 dogs to add to the 3 guinea pigs, 2 children and 1 wife - to say nothing of the tropical aquarium -

As the song nearly goes
    "I'm just a boy who can't say no"
  • RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Hello DW,

Do you think we'll get our vests in time for the Great South Run?

Susie
    ps is doggy coming to Theale?
  • Mij,

Hmm, I see your point. So far, we have one dog and one guinea pig. A kitten has been suggested as well, but I think it's a puppy she's after now!!! We do quite a lot of dog agility with Amber and would quite like to get another one so that we both have a dog to work. We think another dog would be good company for Amber as well, so long as she doesn't get jealous and eat it!!!
  • Mij,

Hmm, I see your point. So far, we have one dog and one guinea pig. A kitten has been suggested as well, but I think it's a puppy she's after now!!! We do quite a lot of dog agility with Amber and would quite like to get another one so that we both have a dog to work. We think another dog would be good company for Amber as well, so long as she doesn't get jealous and eat it!!!
  • Hi Susie (Redhead),

Sorry for delay in replying - have only just seen your post. I am trying to give priority to those that returned vests because they were too small and am hoping to get these done for GSR. As for the others, I'm really not sure. On Friday (16th), they said that they would be about two weeks and if they are good to their word, you will get them for GSR. It's touch and go, but I will keep you posted on the progress as I speak to them.

As for Saturday, not sure about bringing doggy. Haven't checked information sheet and am not sure if dogs are welcome. Any idea?

DW