Still waiting?

Anyone else still waiting to hear whether they are in or not? I am on tenterhooks but at least am building a good friendship with my postman after the eager way I greet him each morning. I phoned the office on Friday 13th December and they said they were still posting the notices but would send the last that day. I phoned again first thing on Monday 23rd December, only to get the recorded message "Entries have now closed. All applicants will be informed at the beginning of December. Please phone back during office hours", which was less than helpful as it was during office hours and was already way past the beginning of December. I persevered until 11:00 when the message changed to "This office is now closed until the 6th January". So now I sit and wait. Is it just me?

Comments

• Could it have got lost in the post Ratcatcher?

A friend didn't hear anything until the subsequent posting, and had assumed she wasn't in so had stopped training. When the next mailing came through, she was of course in!
  • I suppose it must have been. It really is frustrating having to wait until the 6th for the office to open. I have carried on training assuming I'm in (they did say on the phone I was) but it's going so badly I have a secret hope for the rejection pack to arrive and give me an excuse to stop! Still, early days.

But what luck having such an important piece of post get lost! There is so much junk mail I would gladly have substituted.
  • Oh well, if they've told you on the phone that you are then you at least know where you stand. I know I'd want the reassurance of the piece of paper, but it's better than having no idea at all.

Best of luck with it :-)
  • I'm sure they wouldn't have made a mistake on the phone, but I am still not at all secure. What if there is someone else with my name but a different address (obviously) and they've got the notification? What if they never received my entry at all and the person answering the phone was an idiot? So many possibilities! It seems no one else is still waiting so out of all the entries it is just mine that has gone astray. The chances of that happening must be as low as getting in in the first place :-)
  • I've not heard yet either - have you got the number of the office so I can phone & find out?
    Cheers & Happy Training
  • I'm in the same situation as you ratcatcher - I've been told over the phone I'm in but have yet to receive written confirmation. I've phoned twice and both times they said they'll send me another letter, but still nothing. I called on Tuesday to hear the same message as you - that they're closed until 6th Jan. I'm having the opposite problem to you training wise - I can't get motivated in this cold, wet weather!
  • Jenny and Suz - I am delighted to hear it is not just me, though I am sorry that you are also having to go through this.

The number is 020 7902 0189, but no point phoning before the 6th, and then get in line!

How odd that so many notices are getting lost. Did they have an explanation when you spoke to them, Suz, or is it just the post?
  • I didn't ask - just said I hadn't received anything yet and they gave them my address again and they said they'd send something straight away. I can't imagine 3 letters going missing in the post (well I hope not anyway!). I'm hoping once I see it in writing I'll suddenly be motivated to train - I'll be devestated if they've made a mistake and I'm not really in! But if that's the case then I still don't have my fleece.
  • It will be devastating! My husband is in and I do so want to do it the same year as he does. They got his address and birth date wrong, though his acceptance did eventually get here, so something is not quite working.

Holding thumbs!
  • Ratcatcher and Jenny - did you call today? I was told my info was posted and must have got lost in the post. I have changed address since entering but had my mail redirected, so the problem may lie there. Still, I got my entry number so am satisfied I'm in. Hope you had some luck.
  • Well done, Suz! Yes, I did get through. They had the wrong post code so are going to resend mine. I wish I'd thought to ask for my running number. They got our house number wrong on my husband's and the post code wrong on mine, yet in the years we got rejected they had no problem transcribing the address. Go figure!

Hope the training is going well.