Comrades 2006

1404142434446»

Comments

• WW,
    Good going this weekend, i am still resting after Comrades. Although legs feel in good nick i learnt that i started running too soon after Comrades this year, thus have promised myself a months break.
    Regarding your next challenge...i know a few lads who are running the Beachy Head Marathon on 28th October, the Snowdonia marathon on the 29th followed by the Dublin marathon on the 30th....Am also thinking long and hard about this and the logistics behind it. Seems a waste to lose the training it has taken to get to this stage.
  • seriously considering next year as well, and got permission from the wife as well!!!!
  • Well done on a fantastic time Gobi and congratulatinos to all others who took part.

So the slow 40 miles in March did not adversley affect your performance Gobi, do you fancy a slow Compton 40 next year?

Colin

• Hi everyone who did Comrades. It was a fantastic event and I was lucky enough to be able to watch it this year as I was with RW SA for the day. ( I was on holiday) I was able to cheer for a Serpie and a Straggler as they had club vests on. I was also a member of these clubs in my past life!

I would highly suggest that you look at getting a group of you to go over and be part of a really fantastic event and also hoilday in a really awesome country. Well done to all the other Brits who were out there and completed the course.

Pauline
    RW UK

• Hi Pauline - Will Runners World report on the event? Be happy to give my input..
    Cheers
    WW
  • Anoyone fancying another ultra should look at the Strathaven Striders website they are organising a 50 miler at the end of August.
  • SportalooSportaloo ✭✭✭
    New date for Comrades next year

Sunday, 17 June 2007
    Sunday, 15 June 2008
    Sunday, 14 June 2009

Read the report on the Comrades site.

We should really start the 2007 thread,but I am superstitious and believe it to be bad luck. Any takers?
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    John

a little close to the Boddington 50K for me

LOL sporta I will probably start it while on nights in a few days
  • There .. I did it .. Comrades 2007 thread.

WW
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I am there already book marked and everything
  • SportalooSportaloo ✭✭✭
    I can't see the new thread,I really can't. I must be tired. Will check again in the morning.

Gobi can't e-mail you everything comes back even though it worked fine earlier,will check tomorrow.

Now home.
  • Hi guys, arrived home from the hills today - was not able to use e mail in SA hence the silence.
    WELL DONE everyone - I have been catching up with all the threads - I had 337 e mails!!I saw Slow duck and Apps both at the Expo, and at the end. SD powered past me at Ashburton - I had been reduced to walking to the finish. I then saw him laughing at the grass at the finish - I felt so helpless SD - but you did look alot better afterwards!Clive - well done - great effort. Where do you live? I live near you, I think - does Teddington mean anything to you? I am going to run next year after all - yes Gobi, you can laugh - you were so right!!I would love to have someone to do some long runs with.Pauline, I am the Stragler that you saw on the Comrades.I am determined to go out on a bronze!This e mail is a tad disjointed - am really tired after my flight, 10 kms on the treadmill at the gym, and a cycle ride with my daughter!
    We all finished!
    You can start the new 2007 thread now!! (-:
  • Forgot to mention that I had a really good run till my knee kicked in at 36 to go. Went through Drummond 5.05,had to walk from 25 kays out as I was scared of my knee seizing totally - when it does that I cannot even walk.my time - 11.27. My left hand was, as SD mentioned - so swollen - it was so tight it was just a "thing" hanging there!But I was just so terribly grateful to have made it to the start, let alone have such an enjoyable run till Cato that nothing else mattered. Comrades is really a very special experience.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Well done Sue

I am laughing already

you might get revenge if I ever post that I am returning for number 5 as I have always said I will stop at 4
  • Fantastic - well done Sue.....amazing effort given all the injury troubles!!!....

live in Ealing...so just down the road from you

am also planning to do Comrades next year...and Two Oceans as well....and I have New york Marathon later this year.....so better start saving for all the air fares!!!!
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Nice to keep busy Clive
  • SportalooSportaloo ✭✭✭
    Sue - Well done,tough race.

Gobi will do 10 Comrades or more.

I still can't find the 2007 thread :o(

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Mate

just go to general and trawl until you find it.

If I do 10 it will take a long time as I am stopping at 4
  • SportalooSportaloo ✭✭✭
    Thanks Gobi,will check in General.