Options

Gore-tex trail/off-road running shoes

Hi,

Can anyone recommend any waterproof trail/off-road running shoes for neutral runners

Comments

• Options
    Hi Mike,
    I've heard mixed reviews most along the lines of "Water goes in, water stays in" Why not try a traditional model?
  • Options
    waterproof trail shoe?! whats the point of that. In my eyes the whole idea of going off road is in search of mud and wet stuff and generally having fun.
  • Options
    Terroc form inov8, they're brilliant :-))))))) but if u want water resistant why don't u try The Eagle Trail Gore-Tex from Asics, £100!!!

HMG :-)
  • Options
    I've got a pair of Addidas Wannaka (careful how you ask for them). I wouldn't rave about them. The goretex bit it basically okay. When I've gone thigh deep in puddles my feet have got wet, but a lot less than non-waterproof ones. It did come out again. They make my feet a bit hotter. I was quite worried about getting goretex ones from what people had said, but decided to give them a go. However that bit of them has been fine. My main gripe about them is their grip. It's great on trails/paths etc, but show them some mud and it's pretty poor. Also they are not as low profile as my last off-roaders, so I've found them less stable and have wobbled over on my ankle a couple of times.

If you run on tracks etc. they'll probably be fine, but muddy hills, no!