Options

Running Shops in London or Kent

Can anyone recommend a good running shoe shop in London or Kent? I'm doing my first FLM and have just developed an injury in my hip (already!) which I think may be from poor shoes. I really need some expert help with choosing my next shoes, and I've seen some of the stores have that Adidas footscan thing, but I've managed to lose the leaflet detailing which ones have it. Help please....

Comments

• Options
    There's a shop I went to once somewhere like Bromley, but it doesn't have a footscan thing.

Best bet is probably Sweatshop - try the website:

www.sweatshop.co.uk

I know some of the shops have the footscan, quite possibly all of them, but check first. The Teddington one did last time I was in.
  • Options
    every time i go to the sweatshop in maidstone the footscan is either broken or off!!!

they are as useful in the customer care department as any other shop...

not at all in other words!
  • Options
    Try the' Runners Shop' in Beckenham, they don't have a footscan but the guy in the shop
    has run numerous marathons and seems to know what he is talking about.

• Options
    I agree with the previous post - the Running Shop is brilliant - the staff are runner themselves and know their stuff backwards - Ian Willmott there is your man!
  • Options
    Hi!

Think the Runnign Shop was actually the on I meant - Beckenham not Bromley!

If you're not bothered about footscans, then there's Runner's Need in Camden, plus Run and Become in Palmer Street near Victoria.
  • Options
    There is also a Runners Need near Liverpool Street
  • Options
    As Sweeper said there is a Runners Needs near Liverpool St, they have a tread mill video your running and can examine the effects different shoes have on your running style. The staff are very friendly and know their stuff.

Also London City Runner just off Ludgate Hill, never bought shoes from them though
  • Options
    London City Runner don't have the equipment to analyse your gait, instead they let you try them outside which might not be ideal if you don't know what you're after
  • Options
    ah ok then... bit difficult to try stuff and run as a rule for me though as i get there on my motorbike and as such am usually in full leathers :)
  • Options
    i'll try beckenham though i think
  • Options
    Thanks for all your help everyone. I've just been to Runnersneed at Liverpool Street and they were really helpful. As someone said they have a treadmill where they video you, and the lady that served me is called Shona and is the number 2 runner in Scotland. She does the marathon in 2 hrs 40, which was enough inspiration for me. She is also doing that ultra 1000 mile marathon thing ahead of the FLM, I can't remember all the details but it's mentioned in the Marathon News I think. Plus the shoes are on sale until the end of January so it's well worth a trip. A little bit of retail therapy to while away the Friday blues......