Bristol Half anyone??

2»

Comments

• I quoted the wrong number. My number came in the post today and will be 1983. Number 45, from my previous post, was the order in which the entry's were received by the organisers I think - so at least I got a top fifty finish there :)

I guess you'll get your number through the post in the next couple of days.

May the wind be upon your back, Dave
  • Would like to find a reliable pacing group to drag me below my PB from 4 years ago of 93 mins. Came within a minute of it in last years Bristol blizzard. Any offers.

Live locally (Frome)
  • I don't have my number yet, but will be 3817.

Mike, sorry but you'll be well ahead of me! If you don't have any luck finding someone to run with let me know as some of my boyfriends friends are running but I don't know what times they're hoping for. I imagine they'd be aiming for around 90mins though as they're much faster than me!!
  • Hi everyone, I'm also doing the Bristol Half Marathon. It's my first running event, in fact.

I nearly pulled out due to a recent injury but after a bit of soul-searching and some advice from these boards I've decided to go for it. However I'm sure a bit of encouragement wouldn't go amiss so if you do happen to spot number 2844 hobbling around then give me a nudge.

Originally I was pacing myself to get round at about 2:10. This would have been handy as there's a number of people aiming for that time here and I like the idea of having a group around me to spur me on. However, after the injury I intend to take it easy so if any of the runners who are pacing for a longer time want to run in company then let me know. At the end of the day I just want to get to the finish line!

Good luck to everyone who is doing the event.
  • Bristol Half is a good race. The course this year is slightly different from last year's. It chucked it down throughout the main race last year, but it was enjoyable all the same. Paula Radcliffe won the women's elite race last year. For those of you doing the race for the first time, good luck. You'll enjoy it. The organisation is a little haphazard. Come ready-to-run. Don't expect wonderful changing facilities. But baggage storage and atmosphere are great.
    Cheerio.
    Bilbo Baggins
  • Mrs B has volunteered to help this year... bound to be much better organised!

anyone fancy a swift half after the half??? Opening bid is the Pitcher & Piano on the harbourside (opposite the arnolfini). Grasshopper, you wont let me be billy no mates will you?
  • I'll be there - definately - but looks like it'll be me being billy no mates on the run itself as there are no takers on my offer for some company!

Everyone reading this will probably finish half an hour before me anyway so looks like it won't be me getting the drinks in at least. There's always a silver lining.
  • I wonder how they'll react at the P&P to loads of sweaty runners turning up ! I'll prob head along if I can still walk/hobble
  • ah frugal as ever! I'll get you a pint in.
  • am runnin out of space on arm to note down peoples numbers!!! just recon if I do it in 2hrs 15 which am hopin (1st timer!) just need to look around and see some familiar numbers! P&P soundin good to me....have to get passed all the other pubs on the way 1st!!
  • Whoops - I'm actually no. 7218, not whatever I said earlier. I'll look out for familiar numbers before the race as hopefully meeting people will take my mind off the race - I'm very nervous! Good luck to everyone!
  • My number is 2418 wich none of you will remember no doubt,but if you should pass a guy with fair hair wearing a mister man vest say hello.
  • I'm 9391 which rather gives my age away!
    good luck all, see you at the finish, - if you are still there next wednesday of course:-)