Options

Polar RS200SD

Comments

• Options
    All I can say is that Tread Bear have been nothing but professional so far. Will let you know after 2pm or earlier tomorrow.

Marcus Lee 3:
    Are you still impressed with it?
  • Options
    Oops, not sure what happened there, sorry.
  • Options
    Received the watch this morning. I've only had time to do the basic setup so far. Looking good so far. The watch is slightly bigger than my current Polar Heartrate monitor (M51). Can't wait to get home to have a look at it in more detail. Won't have a chance to test it until tomorrow and unfortunately I doubt I'll get around to writing any feedback about it until next week now, since I am off on holiday tomorrow. Tread Bear highly recommended.
  • Options
    Truang, as soon as you can, calibrate the foot pod over a 1 mile run on an athletics track.

If you have an easy/medium/hard pace over say a 4 mile run try and calibrate the pod over your medium pace for the 1 mile.

Good luck and enjoy! As I know you will...
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for the info Truang - looks like my wife's going to get a pressie. D'oh, & it's our anniversary I've just got her a present. That's two she's got now. Hope she gets me a nice one, not that I'm materialistic at all :-)
  • Options
    Killy,
    Thanks for the info, will do my best to calibrate it while I am away. Is it likely to be out by much if I don't until I am back? I suppose I will have to measure the distance somehow.

• Options
    truang,
    Reading other threads around it doesn't look like it would be much out, in fact when I did the 4 laps of a track it recorded 1620m so that's only just over 1% out I think? But of course it depends upon your running style and terrain a little.
  • Options
    Killy,
    I think can live with 1%. The terrain is not likely to be that varied so I think I'll leave the calibrating until I am back.
  • Options
    Truang

Yes I'm still impressed with my RS200SD.

I have setup the data transfer onto the Polar Running Coach website which seems to work ok (yes - very sad I know!!). Only comment is that it only stores the summary data when you transfer - not a problem for me.
  • Options
    Marcus, just before I get one ordered, is this unit compatible with the Polar precision software or can you only upload it to the Personal trainer on the website?
  • Options
    Alfa

Have only managed to upload it to the Personal trainer website - mine didn't come with any software so I don't know what Polar plan on doing.
  • Options
    Well just ordered mine from Treadbear. Getting quite excited! Wish I'd had it yesterday as I'm training for the Glasgow Half Marathon and we were disputing the distance we ran. Some say it was 13, some say it was less!
  • Options
    HRM arrived this morning. Will try and have a play with it tonight. Would definitely recommend Treadbear
  • Options
    I have only managed to use my RS200 SD twice so far and I am veyr impressed with it. Have also uploaded to the Polar website, which I think is very useful since it means I won't have to keep a track of what I am doing anywhere else. Not sure how accurate it is without having calibration. Planning to try it out on one of my normal runs to see how accurate it is today or tomorrow.

• Options
    Have just received RS200sd and also impressed with it. Treadbear is a good £40 cheaper than everywhere else I've looked.
  • Options
    Recieved my RS200sd 2 mins ago and was about to start a thread finding out how to use it and what people think about it but found this thread already done for me! I bought it from Threadbear £118 cheapest ive found and they delivered it in 2 days. it looks very compact and smart but obviously not tried it out yet. Maybe it will encourage me to get off my arse!
    I'll keep you informed.
  • Options
    Having read what everyone else had to say, I've finally taken the plunge and ordered mine from treadbear. Am hoping it'll arrive today or tomorrow.

Hopefully I'll be as impressed as everyone else!
  • Options
    Still not tried mine out yet. Got the Glasgow half this Sunday so will have a play with it after that.
  • Options
    Still very pleased with this after use in different conditions now. Distance measure seems great out of the box. Its making a difference to my training routine already.

Interested in how others are finding it!

Anybody managed to get the Polar weblink to work from the watch to the PC Polar running coach web service for the upload of data and if so which brand of microphone are you using?

Is there anyway to record laptimes to the training diary in the web service?
  • Options
    Neil,
    Not had any problem uploading to the webite so far and all I am using is the headset that I got with our computer years ago. It can be a little bit temperamental though and I only seem to get it to work by holding the watch very, very close to the microphone.

I haven't looked at all the features of the watch so far, but I am very impressed with it. Have been using it since the 18th August now. I have not calibrated it yet, but think the distance is pretty accurate out of the box too.

The only drawback is that it doesn't come with anything to store it in. For me it doesn't really matter because I am using my old Polar HRM case, but it might do for other people. Minor thing?

Definitely think it is a lot better than using a GPS system and less bulky too.
  • Options
    Anyone comment on how well that moulded resin strap fits a LARGE wrist - my wrist is 2.5" wide, 7" circumference, but very flat on top.
    Watches like the Timex IM 50 lap Sleek do not sit well on my wrist.
  • Options
    Still haven't managed to get data to upload using sonic link.
    Have bought/tried using a Sony condenser microphone ECM T-6 as recommended on PC Coach website. I can hear the signal coming out of the speakers on my computer and it is still saying that there is no answer from the HR monitor! Getting bars on the sound level indicator.
    Have tried various permutations of distance and volume.

• Options
    Neil, Can you try it on a different computer, if you have access to one and assuming the person who owns it won't mind you installing the weblink. I have noticed that it is a little temperamental and I sometimes have to try two or three times.

Also have to be reasonably quick to press the button on the watch after clicking on send/receive or it fails.

I ran on the treadmill at the gym yesterday and the watch was measuring 300 metres shorter than the treadmill. Will running on a 400m track this evening so will calibrate it. I had suspected it was a little bit short.
  • Options
    Treadmills can also be highly inaccurate.
  • Options
    Killy,
    Yes, I suppose they might be, but I should be all callibrated by the end of tonight assuming I have time to read the instructions before I go.
  • Options
    There was a question asked earlier if the Polar RS200sd dat can be read bij the osx mac platform?
  • Options
    Patrick,
    Sorry this is what I've found out.

"What kind of hardware configuration is needed?

To be able to run Polar WebLink you need a PC with Windows 95, 98, 98SE, ME, NT4, 2000, XP or 2003.
    To transfer files via Polar SonicLink, you need a sound card and a microphone.
    Depending on your wrist unit model, you need an IrDA port or an external IR device for Infrared communication.
    To transfer data from WebLink to your Polar Personal Trainer web service, you need a network connection and a web browser with Macromedia Flash Player 7. "
  • Options
    I too have been weighing up the Polar 625X against the RS 200 SD and found this thread via a Google search ( very helpful ). I am inclined to go for latter as sleeker, seems from what people say here that it is accurate and I don't need additional function of 625X, particularly data storage

Any dissent from anyone based on having used both?
  • Options
    GoldMember,
    Can't comment on the S625X but I am so pleased with RS200sd, use it all of the time. Also very useful to be able to upload everything to www.polarrunningcoach.com to keep track of my progress. Definitely accurate.
  • Options
    Thinking of getting the RS200SD. Currently have a well-used Forerunner 201. Main problem I have with the Forerunner (apart from no HRM on this one) is that the indicated pace sometimes seems to be very erratic with no noticeable change in pace on my part - even in wide open spaces (so should be no problem with satellite pick-up) and with 'pace smoothing' set to max.
    I'm assuming that the RS200SD also gives a reading for current pace/speed. For those of you who've tried one, how reliable does this feature seem to be? Any comments much appreciated.