Options

Paris 2006

I ran london this year but want to do paris next year - I received an entry form from london but I dont know how to go about entering paris?
I found the website but it is still got info for 2005 & does not seem to update or give details of 2006 - anyone got any advice ............ much appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    Hail Hail

Hi Jenny. A big forum for this one last year (with a couple of great nights out in Paris thrown in to the bargain!). Enter via the website on a first come first served basis. Usually as soon as the London rejections come through it fills up really quickly. The site opens around Sep some time, with FLM rejections happening Nov, so if Paris is deffo the one to go for, you'll have plenty of time. A good course with potential for a pb, support is good if a little patchy. Very well organised, with lots of continental flair (sugar cubes and dried fruit rather than energy gels!), a really fabulous t-shirt (best I've ever had!!), but complete chaos at the meeting areas afterwards. I did both paris and FLM this year with 3.00.35 and 3.12.52 times respectively. I've since managed a sub3 so got a GFA place in FLM 06, but Paris is 3 weeks previous next year so the double beckons again. Good luck with your running.
  • Options
    Nice one running bhoy, well done on GFA
    This will be my 2nd marathon with a sub 4:30 in mind - since FLM my running has rocketed & im loving it so the post "never again" has turned in to "bring on Paris"! Did you go with a sports tour or make your own arrangements? Whats this thing about a medical certificate?
    Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    Hail Hail

I made mt own arrangements - took the whole family for a week - much easier and cheaper!! Loads of decent hotels near the start. You will need a med cert for insurance purposes - you wont be allowed to run otherwise. All French races need either amed cert or racing licence. Your GP will supply you with one but prob charge between £10 and £60 depending on how nice they are. This is v costly so I know last year loads of folk faked their own - a typed letter with a fake name as GP saying along the lines of "I, fake name, have examined your name, and confirm that they are fit to compete in the Paris Marathon 2006". I've run several races in France and have never had my med cert thoroughly checked. Mind you, my wife is a GP, so I've never got a prob with the cert.
    Good luck with your travels.
  • Options
    Hi Jenny, hi RB :)

I was one of the forum contingent last year too, it's a great race and a fab social event too. Entries opened in the middle of September, I think it was about €42, the price rises every couple of months or so and it was full by the end of January. You'll be able to enter online quite easily when the website opens.

I fully intend to be there again next year!
  • Options
    Hail Hail

Tiggsy!! Wondered how long it would take you to get here. Hows it going? How was Le Touquet? I did me hols and got a 15th place in the Breton half i mentioned, but the croissants have had a serious impact!!
  • Options
    Wow! Fast Bhoy :) I am definitely a mid packer ...

LeT was great fun :) It's very pretty running through the posh boulevards and the town ... and the evening was very jolly! Managed to get my moules, yum :))
  • Options
    thanks tiger
    Im quite looking forwards to the prospect of running thru paris!
    running bhoy I think i will make my own arrangements then .... I supose the hotels book up quite quickly also.
    Best talk nicely to my gp then!
  • Options
    Hail Hail

Tigs - I hadnt intended to race - just go for the jolly, but come the second lap of the island, I thought stuff this and give it a go. If only I'd done that at the start. Mind you, the organiser seem to think that I'm veteran catergory 4 (70-75)!!!!. So I'm claiming a new world record! Mmmmm, moules. I made a bit of a pig of myself on them, and scallops, and oysters, and langoustines, and lots of other stuff too!!

Jenny - dont worry too much about hotels. Depends what you're looking for. I used www.hotelvaladon.com great little place about 10mins walk from the start. Ideal in a good area.
  • Options
    Hail Hail. RB & Tiger. You can run, but you can't hide... : )

So is this the start of the Paris 2006 forum??
  • Options
    Guy, I was just thinking the same!! Bit of a reunion me thinks......

I'm game!!! No more lightweights for the Sunday night social though - bit more of a turnout would be nice.....
  • Options
    *Only* two marathons to get through before Paris ... oh gawd!!

So is FLM two weeks later or three weeks next year? I have plans to do both ... subject to getting into FLM of course!
  • Options
    I might put in for FLM this time, but if I get in, then I can't do Paris - I'm not as fit or as mad as some of you lot. It takes me a year to psych myself up for just one of them!
  • Options
    Now how will we manage without the gay cow loping along the streets of Paris?
  • Options
    Guy can wear the gay cow costume....... :)
  • Options
    But Coops, you look a lot better as the Gay Cow. I couldn't possibly compete....
  • Options
    But if I'm not there, you can be my understudy. Rather like an heir to the gay cow throne.
  • Options
    your udderstudy?

PS. Apologies to JennyB for hijacking your forum. Am sure you'll get to know and love us all over the coming months :)
  • Options
    Udderstudy?! Classic humour. I need a new subject now that Jacko got off (despite being guilty - come on, sue me....).

Yes, sorry JennyB, but we are worth it...
  • Options
    Paris Marathon, I'm going to get 3.15. Brave statement to make - anyone care to make an early prediction........??!
  • Options
    ish (disclaimer)
  • Options
    I'm going for an even braver statement. sub 2.50
  • Options
    Guy, if I was a betting man, I reckon you could do it! P.S. I am a betting man, but Ladbrokes are not taking odds.
  • Options
    I don't know, sullying the thread with this crazy talk.

I mean, times ... ?

Well then - Paris sub 3:45
    London - sub 5:30 (depending on cozzie - and I don't want to borrow the gay cow outfit!)
  • Options
    Tiger, just thought it would be interesting to hear people's predictions when they don't have to train for it, compared to when they do and it is upon us!! Mine will probably increase to 8hrs or summink!
  • Options
    Ladbrokes know what they're doing!
  • Options
    Thats ok guys
    nice of you to help me out
    & whilst a safe bet is I won't be aiming for 3:45 I will hopefully smash my PB of 4:56.
    If by some mirical I get a london place I will have to be brave & do two in a month, one a year is enough i find!!!!
  • Options
    Hail Hail

Oh bejeezzus. Look what happens when you try to help some poor lass out with race info. The thread gets hijacked by a bunch of heidcases!!! Dinnae worry Jen - they come across as bampots, but they're (mostly) harmless (and in Cooper's case legless!!). If Cooper makes any mention of Capris though, it may be best to run the fastest mile you ever have!!
  • Options
    Hail Hail

Oh, and Mrs RB has not been too grumpy at the thought of Paris next year. She even mentioned EuroShitney to the weans again! Does this mean that the double is on??
  • Options
    So what's your prediction for Paris then RB?
  • Options
    Hail Hail

Oooohh now thats a hard one missus!

If I make sub 3 in Loch Ness, and things stay ok, then 2.55 ish in Paris. Knowing the course will certainly help.

Coopers - #I know what you're doing tonight..# but is 5M not a bit lightweight for even you?!?!