Options

Paris 2006

1230231232233234236»

Comments

• Options
    (I'm actually still laughing at it!)
  • Options
    Coops speed dating is what half-time is for in the football.

With about 8 minutes to spare of course.
  • Options
    Tim of MKTim of MK ✭✭✭

AFC Wimbledon - good luck to them.
    Milton Keynes Dons - basement football awaits.
  • Options
    Morning Tim - great news on the PBs well done!

The bad news is that the rot doesn't stop there - League Two is not the basement as 5 teams at the bottom on 51 points nervously hoping Oxford Utd don't win their last game of the season will tell you.

The conference awaits the Dons in 2008 and they should pass AFC Wimbledon on the way up in 2009 I reckon?

The good news - if any - is that Carlisle bounced back from dropping out of the top 4 tiers (and Lincoln?) so all is not lost!
  • Options
    Well done, Tim!!!

Fantastic PB :-)
  • Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    Students were assigned to read 2 books, "Titanic" & "My Life" by Bill
    Clinton. One smartass student turned in the following book report, with the proposition that they were nearly identical stories! His cool professor gave him an A+ for this report:

Titanic: $29.99
    Clinton: $29.99

Titanic: Over 3 hours to read
    Clinton: Over 3 hours to read

Titanic: The story of Jack and Rose, their forbidden love, and subsequent catastrophe.

Clinton: The story of Bill and Monica, their forbidden love, and subsequent catastrophe.

Titanic: Jack is a starving artist.
    Clinton: Bill is a bullshit artist.

Titanic: In one scene, Jack enjoys a good cigar.
    Clinton: Ditto for Bill.

Titanic: During ordeal, Rose's dress gets ruined.
    Clinton: Ditto for Monica.

Titanic: Jack teaches Rose to spit.
    Clinton: Let's not go there.

Titanic: Rose gets to keep her jewelry.
    Clinton: Monica's forced to return her gifts.

Titanic: Rose remembers Jack for the rest of her life.
    Clinton: Clinton doesn't remember Jack.

Titanic: Rose goes down on a vessel full of seamen.
    Clinton: Monica...ooh, let's not go there, either.

Titanic: Jack surrenders to an icy death.
    Clinton: Bill goes home to Hilary...basically the same thing.
  • Options
    Tim of MKTim of MK ✭✭✭

Alcopop

What an uplifting thought. We move into our Fifa 4 star 30,000 seater stadium at the start of the 2007/08 season. By then, by your reckoning, we might be in the Conference. Gulp!
  • Options
    Tim of MKTim of MK ✭✭✭

RELEGATION MORNING DAWNS !

• Options
    Doylie 2Doylie 2 ✭✭✭
    Never mind mate.........Surrey thrashed Glos by about 300 runs with Ramprakash scoring 292.class, second win in a ronw and promotion beckons
  • Options
    How does it feel Tim? Inevitable?

Feel sorry for Oxford. Doesn't seem long ago that I was standing on the old terrace at the Manor ground watching us lose there again...
  • Options
    Tim of MKTim of MK ✭✭✭

Hendo

Actually not too bad. To be honest, the writing's been on the wall for many months now.

Hopefully (big if) we can now have one season where we don't spend 9 months in the relegation zone.

Great news about Oxford Utd. As a Reading follower of old, we had three hated lower league rivals - Oxford, Aldershot and Swindon. Reading are now in the Premiership. But Oxford and Aldershot are gone, with Swinden hopefully soon to follow.

Looking forward now to a Summer cheering Portugal (my adopted team) in the World Cup.
  • Options
    It's all gone very quiet...

Just posting to wish Watford good luck in the 2nd leg of the play-off semi! 3-0 up, surely they're through to the final!!!

:-)
  • Options
    I was just thinking that myself.

Whoever gets through to the final tonight gets my vote given their potential opposition. Watford were top in the second half on Saturday and shouldn't have any trouble.

Commiserations to MK Dons, good luck to the Boro for tomorrow night.

When will the Paris 2007 forum start then?

• Options
    Snoop DoggSnoop Dogg ✭✭✭
    Hey! - back from the Urals to find footy still going strong and....

1. The Arse reign supreme (still!)
    2. Spudz continue to winge
    3. Boro find their true level
    4. Theo is King!

No surprise there then, apart from #4 - whilst personally delighted for the boy, c'mon I mean - never ever played in the Premiership and he's one of the only two fit strikers chosen!! A good fingers up leaving gesture to the FA and media by Sven then!

But it doesn't say a lot about the current crop of England strikers, eh?

p.s. if this is the final message on this thread, it's been a great eight months on here.

p.p.s. where do we go to continue the footy chat?
  • Options
    Follow the link in my last post Snoop!

You seem to have forgotten to mention the greatest achievment of the season too...
  • Options
    I Got my medal today... I have to say I felt quite emotional

and I also got a Poncho!

The letter that came with them was very polite & apologetic, I feel they have done all they could to put things straight and now I just have to wait for the certificate & DVD.

Did anyone else see the main photo's on the official site, what happened to the yellow hats thing?
  • Options
    Cant help you on that Brian.

Snoop you also forgot to mention the team that is only the second to win back to back, scored the most goals and conceded the least. hopefully we have a crap league season next year as that seems to result in a top Cup run. Enjoy Wednesday's festivities.
  • Options
    runningbhoy
    have you seen the scotland world cup song?

http://www.scottishquest.com/howscottish/game.html