How to reply to individual post

Comments

• Aaah, thanks, guys! I might well put my real face back soon, but I do so love the illusion.
  • Glenn,

What software/technique? My husband! Seriously, he did it using PaintShop Pro (my Christmas present to him). It didn't take much effort at all, I don't think. Now I've blown my cover as a techno guru.

I'm hoping she doesn't recognise herself either. I'd hate to be sued.
  • Hmmmm!

Reckon Mrs would have something to say to if the first thing I did with a Chrissy prezzy from her was to put Michelle Pfpfpfpfeifffer's head on her body.

Think your safe ratcatcher. Michelle doesnt come onto the forums often and when she does, she only goes to the fat club for a weigh -in. She's up to 16 and a half stone you know so she may be grateful YOU'VE put YOUR body on HER head.

Hey who'd have thought!
  • hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

So PP FIzz is not Michelle P then ........
  • Do you think I'd tell you if she was BTS?

:-)
  • Well i might get lucky......then again

Come peeps whats the answer to my picture question?

On a tread yesterday there was running in snow advice. I went out last night and another querstion raised itself.
    How do you stop snow getting inside your running shoes and freezing your toes after an hour?
  • Runner's World did the same stunt this month in taking photos of me and Mrs Fox out running but then they airbrushed some part-time overweight ramblers bodies onto ours...
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    BTS I've emailed you re your picci problems.
  • BTW ratcatcher do you do requests? Could you be Anna Kournikova next week please?
  • Nell McAndrew for me please (Good Leeds lass)
  • Ok, if you're going to have a campaign can I suggest a song to go with it.

Oops upload yer face
    Singin' oops upload yer face

Everybody now!!

Oops upload yer face
    Singin' oops upload yer face

Hello?
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    I once attracted some abuse by suggesting that Kournikova looks like Yeltsin's love child. So I'm not going to do it again.

Chimp - what is WRONG with your face?
  • Glenn you've just ruined my Anna visions for ever. Will not be able to look at her in the same light again.

It's a bit like being unable to listen to Macy Gray once you start thinking she sounds like Marge Simpson... (actually you might struggle with this if you don't know Atomic Kitten...)
  • I feel such a fool! I didn't spot the ratcatcher/Pfeiffer clone (just thought, she's a bit attractive, cow).
    Yes and DavidB, you're another one who hasn't a real face, or any face for that matter.

Anyway ratcatcher, I'd missed you were doing Stockholm, good for you it's the 25th anniversary this year, and it's a superb marathon, would love to do it again (and I will - in better shape next time!)

Sorry everybody else, just skim past the next 20 or so lines as it's exclusively about running and contains no violence, nudity, swearing or pi**taking whatsoever.

I didn't do flm but Paris so had 9 weeks between, and I do believe it was the heat rather than the proximity of the previous 'thon that had me finishing in such a state!
    What I did was condense down the training to include some recovery, you won't lose that much fitness if any, it's probably more important to have a reasonable recovery. So my weekly mileage after Paris went something like:
    10/20/30/40/4044/30/25/stockholm. Did 2 long runs, 1* 16 which felt really hard, then 21 miler 2 weeks later (3 weeks before stockholm) which was fine.
    Don't know what your time target is, or your usualy training but I didn't do more than 1 speed session/week as it was only my 2nd marathon and I wasn't used to doing a lot of speedwork.

On the day I set off running 1min/mile slower and still couldn't hack the heat, but hey it's all experience and the first 2/3 was great, brilliant support, beautiful course, lots of places (parks etc) to have a quick loo stop if you need one.
    Look forward to hearing what you think of it.
    Finally - found anywhere to stay yet? Thoroughly recommend the youth hostel on Skeppsholmen, clean, fab brekkie and good value for Stockholm.
    Good luck.
  • Dunno Glenn, but i wont be around much tomorrow so if Seana wants to wait till then, thats fine with me. You'll all just have to e-mail me your abuse.

DB! sfh legs..bloke or bird?
  • Hi LauraL. You're going to tell us you're Amanda Holden now arent you?
  • BTW thanks for pointing the running bits in your message. Just imagine how much time we could all save if everyone did that!!
  • Chimp: I seem to recall that sfhl's used to have a picture of Ernie Wise (or at least it was Ernie's head, no telling whose body it was) so on that basis I would say bloke. Why are you asking me here, he/she hasn't posted on this thread. (Whispers: I think Laura fancies herself as a bit of a Grover you know. Don't tell her I said that, you know how tetchy she gets sometimes.)
  • It was probably ratcatcher's body DB. She does seem to put it about a bit in a manner of speaking!

Has he/she not posted on this thread?? Where am I then??

BTW, I & U comment on GRIM 8 (events)
  • Alas DavidB, my relationship with Ron got off to a poor start when he cast doubts on my racing hr data. Well obviously there was nowhere for us to go except our separate ways after that.
  • My relationship with Ron never really got off the ground really though I suspect Sharon snogging him under the mistletoe was probably the final straw!
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    I'm fairly relaxed about Sharon Chimp as my mother but it would be nice to have some idea who my father is.
  • His loss again Chimp.

Er, sorry , can't help you there Glenn.
  • You dont think that was the first time Sharon had snogged the Wild Grover do you Glenn??
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Not for one moment Chimp, but I suspect that Ron may not quite have been - how shall I put this? - *exciting* enough for anything more serious with Sharon
  • You'd be amazed what the lure of being videoed does for some people Glenn!
  • GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    Thought I'd better boing this for JJ Chimp.
  • Desert Fox - Anna Kournikova's face with MY body?? Now what would be the point of that?

Laura - Thanks very much for your answer. I had been hoping you would pick up on the other thread because of your last year's experience. I forgot it was Paris not FLM you did. Stockholm is a week later this year (and FLM a week earlier?) so I will have a little extra recovery time. I'm pleased you still have positive things to say about Stockholm - your last year's experience sounded nasty. Now my mind is definitely made up. I haven't looked at accommodation, but was thinking of going with Leisure Pursuits. I will start my serious planning this week and bear the youth hostel in mind.
  • Good stuff ratcatcher. In hindsight, I think everyone should have one really awful marathon, it teaches you respect for the distance! Btw, what does Leisure Pursuits offer you and at what price? Thing is, Ryan Air is dirt cheap to stockholm, you can book the marathon on the (english version) stockholm marathon website, and accommodation may be cheaper if you do your own thing. Just a thought.