Nike Air Pegasus 2005

2»

Comments

• Alex

Thanks for the info. So it's wait for Peg 06 then. With more cusshioning.
  • Oh brilliant. I mean why bother changing them in the first place. Silly people.
  • Mrs O

I agree with you entirely. It seems all the shoe manufacturers have to tinker/change their models. They seem to follow the mantra if it aint broke let's break it. Which seems very strange to me as with the runners I know brand/shoe loyalty is very high.

If anybody from Nike would like me to test their 06 pegs. I would be delighted!!!

Regards

HB

• Could'nt wait for the 06 pegs so bought some 05's last week. Ran a 30k race on sunday in them no probs whatsoever. Yes they do feel a bit narrower but also a little bit more responsive. They are also very muddy now!!!!
  • Cushioning not up to scratch for heavier runners.
    Laces too short.
    Forefoot too narrow.
    In short, the worst Pegasus to date.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    my 2005s were quite good

only lasted 376 miles though
  • I agree the laces are too short. I think they are better than last years model. They are a touch lighter and feel faster but admit maybe some of the cushioning has been lost. Have they lowered the heel?

• I bought a pair on a sale recently. They are not remotly the same shoe as previous pegs. Cushioning is def completley different and the shoes now feel much more my stiff reebok road lites. I think more a miss than a hit, they do not protect me from injury like my others used to and the laces are well too short.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I have narrow feet
  • Purchased a pair of 2005 Pegs in November 2005. Fine to start off with and then the squeaking began. Initially in both shoes and then only in the left shoe around the mid sole area. Became intolerable, prompting me to contact Nike UK. On their guidance I sent the shoes back to the retailer. It transpires that a piece of plastic within the shoe construction located around the mid sole had cracked and that, I am told, was responsible for the squeaking. The very kind retailer is sending a replacement pair.
  • Trained in Nike footwear for twenty years and never had a problem. The company is fantastic and usually really good value for money but for some reason my feet just refuse to run with 2005 Pegs. The last time I took them out together the shoes ripped my poor feet to bits and left blisters all over the top of my feet and bruising around the outside of my left ankle.
    Glad I'm not the only one whos had problems, would gladly go back to 2004's
  • How do I know if the ones I have are the 2005 model? Bought some about 5-6 weeks ago and haven't a clue if they're up to date or what, not that it matters really as I've nothing else to compare them to.

I do notice my toes move about a bit and do occasionally get sore on top - or that could be me running with less heel striking thus applying greater pressure to the toes.

Longer laces would be nice - on the other hand, they don't come undone and cause trip ups.
  • 2005 model here (sorry, can't do links)

http://www.snowandrock.com/shop/products/MNKDN.htm

or this site has lots of different colours and a 2004 model - just scroll down to the bottom

http://www.startfitness.co.uk/acatalog/MensNikeFootwearNeutral.html

• Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭

If you bought them recently there is a 99.9% chance they are the 2005 model.

I have used mine a bit, they are not a patch on the previous model. I notice that

1. They are crap for running quickly in
    2. I don't get injured or sore in them over long distance
    3. They feel too hard.
  • I have had exactly the same problem as RunGaryRun above, I've run in pegs since I was a boy, 1984ish, never had a problem with them. In June 2005 I bought a pair, couldn't find a surface or distance they were good for so i used them for short recovery runs, switched to NB's and Mizunos. In about March of this year they started to squeak, first the left then the right, after about 3 or 4 runs in squeaky mode, i ditched them and bought a pair of Nike Vomeros. Not a patch on the 2004 peg, too soft, too unstable, not suitable for anything faster than 7 min miling so I wear them on long slow 90min - 2hr runs.
    I noticed recently there is a new 2006 model. Has anyone got anything good to say about that one before I go and waste more money on the swoosh mob.

John
  • i have just bought a pair, recommended by the video gait analysis at my local running shop. First wear i knew would be a bit hard but my god the blisters...i had to rub vanish into the blood stains on the back of the left shoe!!

and they dont seem very 'bouncy'..and even though the lady in the shop said they are good for me that arch bit feels really uncomfortable (or is that just me not being used to them)?

is the first run in a new pair of trainers ususally a bit sore/painful/induce minor injury??

Caz x
  • Well this is a bit of a relief. Yesterday evening I was by chance torn between purchasing a pair of Nike Pegasus (2005) trainers from Sweatshop or a pair of Saucony Grid Phoenix, both at the same price.

In the end, I went for (and think I'm glad of now) the Saucony's.
  • Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭

bubbles, no the trainers should be right from the word go.

Try some Sacuony Trigon or Saucony Tangent or look on eBay for the Pegasus 2004, totally different shoe.
  • Yesterday I purchased a pair of the 2006 Pegasus with the instruction to try them on the treadmill before I make my mind up.

First try last night was initially disappointing, feet were burning - insole seems a bit hard.
    I'll keep you all posted

John
  • Purchased a pair of 2005's from NYC early this year & have recently just started to run in them.

Went against all advice & used them for the 1st time when I ran the Dublin 1/2 last week & found them great. No issues & set a new pb. Also ran the GNR on Sunday in them & again no prob's.

They work for me & I was lucky enough for someone to buy me a pair of 2006's yesterday & they looked as I sat in the pub admiring them!!
  • after having 2004 and 2005 versions of air peg i must say that the 2005 vesrion is not as good as 2004 version.

after buying the 2005 version i noticed instantly that it was a lot tighter around the arch and was not a patch on the 2004 shoe.

however i stuck with the shoe and id did not cause me to many problems.

i am now ready to buy a new pair of shoes and am relectant to stray away from nike air pegasus but viewing the comments about the 2006 shoe might be considreing it.
  • Have been using my 2005's with rigid 3/4 length orthotics (which are supposed to give me all the correction i need - yes, another thread topic in its ownright I know!) and they just made my overpronation worse - will steer clear of this years model also - and every other year's in fact!
  • hi, i currently have 3 pairs of pegs. one was last year. one this year and an off road purple one. the last pair are not great and personally, i used to have a pair of green ones circa 1999 which were the best. but they are better than an asics nimbus VIII that i bought for nearly £100. they lasted 2 days and are sitting at the back of my cupboard. so if bambi will email me, we could perhaps do a swap.
  • I've been wearing the most recent pair and the model previous to those. Not sure whether there's something that the latest pair don't like about me, but I have had problems with shin splints etc over the last few weeks - could be down to the shoes, something I'm doing differently, worn etc.

Need to buy a new pair as they've hit the 400 mile mark but not sure whether to go for another pair or to try say some Asics to see what happens.
  • Anybody out there know where I can get a pair of 2005 Nike Pegasus these days??

Have tried e-bay but they don't have my size. They are the only trainers I've come across that fit me like a glove and feel fantastic to run in. I bought two pairs at the time but now I'm in need of a replacement pair.

If anyone can help me track down the same model I'd be over the moon! image

• I have some spare 9's and maybe 9.5's.

They don't make 'em like they used to eh ?

Try the Saucony Grid Triumph or the Saucony Tangent. These are what I use now. If you want a firmer ride try the Mizuno wave rider 9 

• Thank you, but I'm a size 5.5 or 6.

As for the recommendations... I'll follow those up- thanks!