Maidstone Half Marathon

167891012»

Comments

• definitely a medal for me; i actually try and avoid races that don't offer a medal for all participants, as i like adding to my collection.

white t-shirt is naff (although it did raise an interesting conversation when i was picking up my curry last night); that's a thought - what about a free biryani to all finishers??!?

i did 1 hour 49, which i am happy with, although it is a couple of minutes outside my paddock wood time - particularly as i managed to pace myself better for once, and could do lots of nice overtaking in the second half.

if my legs ever recover, i will be going for a pb at barns green this coming sunday, as it's supposed to be flatter - anyone else doing that one as well?
  • Lozzer

I am thinking about doing the Barns Green HM. I got a PB yesterday, so doubtful I can manage 2 on the spin, or so my legs are telling me today! I finished about 20 seconds in front of you! What sort of PB would you be going for next week? I could do with someone pacing me round!
    If I do decide to go, I'll post a note later this week on the thread for Barns Green.

• kevin

well done on the time - was that your first HM?

i'm going to aim at 1 hour 44 min, which would mean an average of 8 minutes a miles, and i manage to beat that i'll be well chuffed. the legs may feel well achey today, but by thursday/friday, i'm sure they'll be up for.

i haven't started looking at the barns green thread yet, but will definitely be doing that, so let me know if you're up for it.
  • I;ve only just got back from staying out overnight to recover from the race, but really good to hear everyone buzzing.

I think I probably got up people's noses whilst running cos I was on such a high I basically didn't stop talking most of the way round. But I really loved saying thanking the spectators, and looking at the fabulous countryside we ran through.

Yup - was hilly - harder than Hastings I reckon cos it was less predictable. However, despite having done exactly NO MILES at race pace in training... or ever in fact...I managed a PB of 1:41 which, oh my goodness was 4th SF. I'm utterly flaberghasted, and like I said in an earlier post, I'm an enigma to myself.

Many thanks to the forumites - I've really enjoyed the race build up, and the race organisers, and to , um, God, for making it sunny.

Only gripe - where exactly WAS the finish???? I need a SIGN to aim for!!! I think Paul had the same problem as we kind of crashed - literally - at the end.

As you can tell, I'm still on a high, as everyone else seems to be,

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
  • have tried getting the provisional results on the maidstone harriers website - am i missing something somewhere?
  • lozzer

It was my 2nd HM. A slight improvement on my 2.07 at the Thanet Coastal HM! Beaten by the heat that day, and I've done lots more training since.

I'm almost certain to do Barns Green but will confirm to you Thurs/ Fri on that thread. I want to make sure that the legs will be capable, and it's a fair journey too.

If you reckon BG is flatter, then a PB is a possibility. I'd happily settle for under 1.45.
  • i agree with course description,undulating,but what happened to the last 3 miles downhill.overall a very testing run but enjoyable.great weather,good marshalling(except at finish).
    kevin,had a family thing to get home to so i didn't hang about at the end.
    redhead,i cant fathom out why you have this nickname.nice to chat to you both.
    who was the girl on rollerskates for the last 5 miles,every time we ran downhill i thought it was the roadrunner whizzing past me.found out when we collided at the finish it was jeychick.thanks jc the last 5 miles were hhmmm interesting,its amazing you done 1;41 with no training,what time could you do with training.
    jennyd,
    it was me who shouted out your name around the 11 mile bend.(were you shocked or surprised)sorry i couldn't talk i was busy.didn't manage to break the 1;40 but well happy with 1;41,i will break the 1;40 on a flatter course.
    well done everyone who ran this you all seemed to enjoy it.
    just one grumble,

provisional results;WHERE AM I.
    i know i was about 2 seconds behind jc should be about position 130.
    maybe when the full results come out they may have found me.
  • Thank you for the feedback regarding the t-shirts. I will let the race organisers know this on weds night. I guess a MEDAL is the prefered choice with most runners then?

HERES JOHNNY:

Yes that was me, blue Great Run t-shirt and on my bike. Really busy having to run the results back to HQ so only got to chat with people right at the end of the event. everyone had gone home by then :)

But im doing the DEAL 5M in a few weeks time, may see you there?

• micksta not sure about deal night out before suprise party for friend who had a kidney transplant .. poss thanet 10 depends on cricket coaching course but definatley ashford 10k early feb
  • the harriers home page is still showing provisional results,does anyone know if full results will be posted.still not on the results or the photo's.
    i think i ran this,maybe i didn't.
    will try to remember what happened last weekend.
  • that sucks! My secret weapon, (my training partner who came third overall!!! in 1:16) is getting them posted to him, so I'll have a look for you and let you know either way via this forum.

If anyone can vouch for the fact that it happened and you were there, I can!
  • HERES JOHNNY:
    I plan on running both those races myself, the Thanet 10 and then Ashford 10k in feb.

• yep im definate now for the thanet 10 cricket course has been changed to next year ashford 10k i cant wait for sub 50 i hope
  • jeychick,
    that would be appreciated,thanks.
    wouldn't normally make such a big thing of it but my kids live 80 miles away and they follow my running via the results page.
    i called columbo in to solve this case(he always solves them on tv).looked at your photos jc to see if i was there but no.
    so i looked at the 2 numbers behind you,and yes there i am.i did run last weekend.
    YIPPEE
  • Hey - the full results are out in the Kent Messenger, and no, sorry, no dice, you're not listed. I looked for you in 'my' photos too, but glad to hear you actually have photographic evidence now.

It's a bummer - I'd HATE to run that far that fast and have no record, not even a flippin' medal! I'd get on to them if I were you. You're right to make a (polite) fuss about it - I know they must make a few mistakes, but I'd hate to be one of them!

Good luck.

Are you racing again soon? We still have that 1:40 barrier to break. Watch out, I'll be on your tail....

• hi ya jeychick,
    hows it going,have you worn those new trainers in yet(must seem like old trainers now)?.thanks for your info,i did contact maidstone harriers about a week after the run,they assured me i would be in the final full results,even gave them the photo evidence.still not to worry.
    i ran a hard 10k on sunday at dartford and i have entered a 10 mile on the 13th.there doesn't seem to be many 1/2s around at the mo.from january to april we will be spoilt for choice.i may surprise you and do the hastings next year.
    hows your training going?
    when is your next run?
    i'm going to get a pair of roller skates like you,definatly break the 1;40 then.
    if you click on my name above,and scroll to the bottom of my profile you can email me off forum,then we can maybe meet up and break that 1;40 together.