LOST

Comments

• Sezz, you should know better than to ask jon *exactly* what he is implying :-)
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭
    i luuuuurve lost. last nights finale was great. i can relate to sawyer more than the rest, hurley makes me laugh.

so, a lot more to come. i may have to cheat and get hands on second series cos i cant wait! the snapshot of the sign with 'quarantine' on it says a lot! i reckon there are a number of scientists amongst the others, though what the experiments are....

as for carrying the dynamite, why didnt they call on one of the other survivors and tell them they were just carrying a few bottles of water <cackle>
    Endurance Coach @ DazCarterFitness.com
    Elite Ironman, Ultra Trail Runner
  • Loved the explosion!
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭
    me too, but there was nothign left!? maybe hurley ate what was left with a few leaves?
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭
    sorry
  • [stifles laughter]
  • the explosion was very unexpected and gruesome... but it got the point across! I loved how they then re-showed it in the recap clips at the start of the next episode.

the quarantined box will be from the scientists ship... remember they had animals on the ship.

As to the others... or the scarey people on the boat, they could be the children of the scientists as they were older than Roussow and besides they stole her baby when she first got on the island... i reckon that they are pirates that use the isalnd from time to time as a base...

but what gets me, is that if it took less than a day to get to the other side of the island and the black rock etc, why hadn't they been there before?
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭
    [slaps own face]

well he hasnt lost any weight has he. maybe he's not reaching his BMR. Im gonna have a word with LOK
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭
    that was a box (quarantine) was it? oh damn, i thought that was the chamber below the hatch.

I must admit I'm also surprised they hadnt checked out the whole of the island. I mean that would be one of the first things you'd do to see if there was anyone else there. There could have been a port-stop for all they knew. Wouldnt that be funny if there raft drifted around the island and into a large harbour!

• DazDaz ✭✭✭
    The other conundrum is the numbers - I want to know whats going on there. And I presume they all have Hurley to thank for th eplane goign down. If he hadnt climbed aboard, would it have crashed?

And surely if fate planned Hurley to get on the plane and crash on the island with his numbers....why was it trying to stop him getting on the plane in the first place? Thats what gets me
  • nah, Claire was the reason the plane went down. The clairevoant told her to specificaly get on that flight and she was the only one to bring up the baby or it would "bad".
    maybe the numbers were working for Hurley.
  • Good point about the Black Rock being so close. I can't believe they haven't explored more.

We could see enough of the kidnapper's boat to see it looked like a proper boat. Could be the survivor's though, if they learnt to make a welder...

I though that the surprise would be a shot of the survivors from the tail of the aircraft as they're on the Island too (been watching E! and Entertainment tonight).
  • DON'T READ THE LAST PARAGRAPH IF YOU ARE WATCHING THE NEXT SERIES!

Sorry.
  • FFS toria - thanks

RW are you able to remove torias message?
  • * SPOILER WARNING *

DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THIS INTO YOUR BROWSER AND PRESS ENTER .........

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/episodes/201.html

an account of the next series, sort of like reading the book realy
  • PM - I read it as the clairavoyant knew that the plane was going down so got her on it.

Notice that it was Hurley's comic with the polar bears in it - which I guess means that he's the key.

Either that or they're just making it up as they go along...
  • Sorry Spans, I may have dreamt it so I could be wrong... We'll probably hear about it in the run up to the next one anyway when/if they start pushing the new characters.

PM - Was just talking about this with a colleague - think I will have a sneak preview as it's so slow it's really frustrating. I'm not that keen to watch all of the next lot anyway if it's just the same, no wonder Grey's Anatomy has beaten it in the US.
  • mmmmm? just read to episode 7, 3 to go

Toria, it's certainly not good television but strangley adictive. The link I posted only gives a synopses and is still confusing
  • I've just read them all.

I don't think I'll bother watching the next series.

At least there's a new series of America's Next Top Model starting next week, hurrah.
  • MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Oooh, last night's finale ended with more loose ends than a saucepan of spaghetti.

GRRRRR! I was expecting/hoping that more questions would be answered, namely:

- What is the significance of the numbers?
    - What is behind the hatch?
    - Why were these particular people "selected" by the island?

Now we'll have to wait until spring for probably more questions and no further answers! Gripping stuff though, if frustrating!
  • I'm a subscriber to the 'making it up as they go along' school of thought.

Its fun tv but trying to figure it out feels like a waste of time. I do hope a few more people blow themselves up, though.
  • SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    Imagine if Hurley blew himself up, it would be raining flesh all day long.

Actually, I reckon in usual superb US drama styly (Dallas and Sunset Beach), Hurley will wake up and realise it's all been a dream.
  • Hurley would never be cast in such a show.
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭
    I think hurley ate an extra big fry up that included a few dodgy mushrooms
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭
    actually i reckon I'M imagining the whole thing. the series, the concept of television and even RW.
    or im being tested.
    or its like vanilla sky/open-your-oche's (or whatever its called) and im going to be persued by some smug-looking (and humouring) guy from a more techy future.
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭
    i need a holiday
  • and might I suggest some medication as well?
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭
    ill have the pink pill this time
  • they don't call me Minkious for nutthin!
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭
    have you got any of those clip on sunglasses spare. i want one of those. cool as f