Radio Worcestershire

Well morning everyone to Runner's World first radio programme.

My co presenter (Crash Hamster) and I are going to keep you abreast with all that's happening in leafy Worcestershire.

Yes after what seems like 'days' of planning we've finally arrived.

Just to get you all in the mood we'll play some music. Now I know you'll all like some Country and Western so here's Dolly Parton with 'Stand by your Man'.............

Comments

• Well a call is flooding in already.

I'm sorry to say 'text' isn't working yet though........
  • Well It appears my co-presenter has been delayed this morning. Probably feeding his chickens or something.

A bit of background to us: Crashie lives near the village of North Piddle, and I live near Lickey End. So we're both good old Worcestershire lads. We'd like to tell you where we are transmitting from but for two reasons we won't be letting you in on that secret. One is because it will cause a stir on the village green with all our 'groupies' turning up and also we ARE transmitting illegally............
  • ...absolutely kk, thanks for the introduction!

Was out early this morning checking on the welfare of the bullocks in the bottom field!

I see we've had our first caller, that's Hippo in Upton Snodsbury, and speaking of Upton Snodsbury, don't forget that it's Pershore Dance Festival this week, which will involve performances both in and out of wellingtons...

North Piddle is humming this morning with the scandal of Scroggins' burglar alarm, which went off for over an hour last night...
  • Really, so is ith those wayward kids from the big city (Worcester) setting off alarms again.

p.s. The Village shop is now carrying Vintage Tractor magazine.
  • Hello kk and Crash. I'm a long time listener, first time caller. I'm on my tractor this morning and would like to hear something by the Wurzels.
  • Traffic news just in:-

The Vicar's wife's Minor 1000 has just stopped In Shell ford, a tin of WD40 has been called for to dry out the 'lectrics.
  • As it happens Mister W I can oblige you there.

How about The Tractor Song from the Wurzels ( Available on EMI 'EMI2792')

Sit back and enjoy..
  • I drove my tractor to your haystack last night (ooh-aah ooh-aah),
    I threw me pitchfork at your dog to keep quiet (ooh-aah ooh-aah),
    Now something's telling me that you'll confide in me (ooh-aah ooh-aah),
    Come on now darling, you've got something I need.

'Cos I've got a brand new combine harvester and I'll give you the key,
    Come on now, let's get together in perfect harmony;
    I've got twenty acres and you've got forty-three,
    Now I've got a brand new combine harvester and I'll give you the key.
    (She made I laugh, ha-ha!)

I'll stick by you, I'll give you all that you need (ooh-aah ooh-aah),
    We'll have twins and triplets, I'm a man built for speed (ooh-aah ooh-aah),
    And you know I'll love you darling, so give me your hand (ooh-aah ooh-aah),
    But the thing I want the most is all the acres of land.

(Phwoar, she's a lovely bit of stuff and all.)

For seven long years I've been alone in this place (ooh-aah ooh-aah),
    Pigs sleep in the kitchen, it's a proper disgrace (ooh-aah ooh-aah),
    Now if I cleaned it up, would you change your mind? (ooh-aah ooh-aah)
    I'll give up drinking scrumpy and that lager and lime.

(Who loves you baby?)

Weren't we a grand couple at that last Wurzel dance?
    I wore brand new gaiters and me corduroy pants, ha-ha-haa!
    In your new Sunday dress with your perfume smelling grand,
    We had our photos took and usholding hands!

Now I've got a brand new combine harvester and I'll give you the key,
    Now that we mow past our hedges I think that you and me
    Should stop this gallivanting, and will you marry me?
    (Arr, you're a fine-looking woman and I can't wait to get me hands on your land, a-ha-ha!)
  • Cliffy many thanks for your contribution and we will get round to playing The Combine Harvester songin coming days..

Just a note about The Tractor Song;- Yet another Wurzels parody, this time of the Australian band The Mixtures' Pushbike Song, which reached no. 2 in the UK in 1971 (the Mixtures' song, that is - unfortunately the Wurzels' parody version flopped). On the compilation CD. .

But why I'm telling this I don't know: EVERYONE knew it anyway.
  • How strange that you should mention Shell Ford there. kk; I rode throught there on my Raleigh Shopper only the other night.

Coming the other way was a big-city type in his 'lifestyle' 4x4...but I got through first.

Honestly, these poseurs thinking that going through a ford is difficult- I managed it on my one-wheel drive.

A quick plug for the Coleford Sheepdiog Trials on Saturday...please bring any dog you feel may be guilty...
  • Shell Ford!

Never let it be said that we, at Radio Worcestershire, haven't got a complete and full knowledge of the roads in the area.....

Only recently Crashie made a very thorough examination of the road surface at a local ford.
  • Absolutely, kk!

Riding through Slea Ford, the back wheel of my Raleigh Shopper went completely sideways and I ended up in the water!

I also managed to bring off Mrs CH at the same time, titter ye not, gentle listeners...
  • Congratulations on the new enterprise fellow vigornians.

I would like some thing that is definetly not Country & Western - how about something by Guns 'n' Roses
  • Well Charlie the problem is this:-

I thought we could manage just fine with the old "Dansette"..............

However wanted us to get into the 21st Century.

So we came to a compromise, and after many hours of searching picked a really high tech piece of equipment. At least that's what the guy saiod who sold it us from his car boot. He said it was so modern that would would struggle for a while to get some of the latest recordings.

So if anybody out there has got Guns 'n' Roses on 8 Track Stereo cartridges please let us know!!!!!
  • Before anybody says anything Crashie and I didn't go to no posh Worcester school!!
  • Hey Mr DJ - love the new station!

Putting in an early request for the 'Hot Date at 8' slot - saw a lover-ly young lady out on the Bath road yesterday. Blonde hair, jeans and a pig under her arm. So if anybody knows her, it's their wife, daughter, aunt, cousin, lover, or all of the above - please pass on my details!

I'd like another Wurzel's classic, 'Zip up thy zider' as a dedication to my new love...
  • "wife, daughter, aunt, cousin, lover"

What's it worth and I'll arrange it!

I'll come up wth another Wurzels song soon but here's a classic C&W song that was on the all time worst C& W songs list:-

'Get Your Tongue Otta My Mouth 'Cause I'm Kissing You Goodbye'

(If no one believes me on this email me and I will forward the relevant web site. More songs like this to be broadcast soon)
  • And Wickett that pig might just be one of my cousins........
  • I'd like to hear that old C&W classic "Momma fetch a hammer, there's a fly on Pappa's head".
  • Good to see some of our more local yokels on the air today!

Time for me to adjourn to the Rodale Arms for a well-earned lunchtime pint of scrumpy...
  • Typical!

Left me to man the turntable and the phone!
  • I brought you a pint back, kk. I can't leeave you to Lickry End on your own, now can I?

So, as a special request from Mr W from Cockshot Road in Malvern, here's "Momma fetch a hammer, there's a fly on Pappa's head", which I know is on kk's playlist...
  • Good to see you're back working again Crashy - don't think I've see you on public broadcast since your hayday with Philip Schofield in the broom-cupboard. You still in touch with the duck?
  • The story with the duck was pure media fabrication and completely unconnected with my recent 'rolling round in Piddle Brook' incident :o)

I think the early afternoon cider is taking its effect on kk.

Here's a track from that fine Worcestershire beat combo, Motorhead with 'The Ace of Spadesbourne'
  • <<<< whooth slurrring their wordths>>>>
  • Goooooood morning Worcestershire! It's a lovely sunny day in North Piddle, Piddle Brook is overflowing with fish, the neighbours are out on their tractors and all's right with the world...

our first 8 track tioday is 'Stand by your man' performed by Tammy Wynette and Led Zeppelin. Whilst that's playing, I'm off for a brisk rub down with some horse liniment after my 7 miles on the Raleigh Shopper last night...
  • Could we have that pushbike song please

is it the one with the stupid noises?
  • Benzy I though we wuz just 'yokels'!!

Pushbike song? is that the Wurrzels version or the original.

Stupid noises?? sounds a bit like me 4 miles in to a r*n. Talking of which got diverted this morning only meant to go out for about 30 min r*n. Ended up doing nearly an hour, but don't tell Crashie.

I'll have details of a competition soon.............
  • Morning , can I have a song for BD he went to that posh boy's school in Worcester and I know it woukld bring back happy memories of illicit fags and the like.