Radio Worcestershire

Comments

• Yeah, Jethro, wot Badge said...

Will you be handling ticket sales? Can we flog them on the Radio Wotrcestershire Ticket Hotline?
  • Crashie.. you will have to join a very select and secret organisation in order to gain access to Jethro's private inner chambers...

the Malvern Joggers. (A club who for interval training does egg and spoon and relay races..)

Am I allowed to do a radio plug for the best club website in the country?
  • And Mr Boot if you are still on air - you should think yourself lucky to be getting a badger at all, let alone one with tassells and tambourine!! But I may dig out my belly dancing belt.
  • Lista :oD How's you? Smut? Us? Yep :o)
  • Hmmm, the MJs, eh? Eric and Chris' Barmy Army :o)
  • Hmmph, how do you know the secret names of our secret leaders?

And we are NOT the barmy army, are the Gentle Joggers and the Not-so-Gentle Joggers - SO THERE
  • got any good belly dancing music on that there radio thing of your CH?

We are getting the lederhosen and suspect plumber outfits ready for next week.
  • Look at this. I'm away for a few hours and the forum turns to smut.

Maybe I should stay away more ;0)

Only 'very warm' Jethro? Oh, that was a bit of an all-or-nothing guess. Are you next door to the running shop? Are you the chap I bought a big issue from by the Odeon today?

Speaking of your suspect outfits though, reminds me of a chap at uni, convinced he'd landed himself the perfect blue movie for his brother's stag night, "Danish Dentists on the Job".

About as mucky as Tikkabilla. Although I do now have a slight concern about the hamster.

LDB - the Malverns have joggers too? I thought it was Worcester Joggers and the Malvern Hash Smoking Harriers. Bit hilly for 'Jogging'!

And finally, a tune - could I have The Men They Couldn't Hang duetting with Obituary on "Everything I do"? Smashing.
  • Wickett, am a fully paid up hash smoking harrier, but yes sadly and cringely, the joggers took the same embarassing name route as the Worcester joggers and called themselves the Malvern [cringe] joggers. And yes tonight we shall be jogging up to the Beacon!
    What is it with Worcestershire and disparaging names for running clubs. Perhaps a phone-in is called for?
  • I blame the MCAA, personally <mutter, curse>

On a note completely unrelated to sports politicians everywhere, I leave you with Rod, Jane and Lemmy with their folksy version of Motorhead's 'Die you Bastard'
  • Right, off for a ride on Audrey III :o)
  • I'm with you LDB - nothing worse than being refered to as a 'Jogger'. Images of leg warmers and natty tracksuits, possibly a head band, but that may be going too far.

And yes, I'm well aware that it's MY problem, not that of other Joggers - I'm just so annoyingly shallow; I wish I wasn't...

...but if it wasn't for that, I'd be perfect - and that's just too intimidating for other males of my species!
  • I run for Stourbridge RC. We're just outside Worcs but still run under Worcestershire. I've always found it a bit confusing.
  • Ah - Rod, Jane and Lemmy. Reminds me of that scene in The Mighty Boosh of fusing Folk and Glam Rock: Aran sweaters, perched on stools with guitars, full KISS make-up, singing Judas Priests' 'Breakin the Law'!
  • wickett are you a worcs [shudder] jogger then?
    I once looked at their website and if I had ever thought of joining would have been put off for ever by their couch potato graphics. At least our website is utterly beautiful.
    We do have some of your other things apart from the horrid name - the handicap race, and the champions league. But we have the Malverns to run round. Ha!
  • I went several times, but the Monday and Wednesday meetings clashed with tri club swimming (well, sort of clashed - same evenings, and doing both wasn't an option!). Decision wasn't so much based on which I was best at, more that running can happen anywhere, swimming times (especially around Worcester), are a bit of a bu99er.

Actually run up the Malverns quite a bit anyway (well, shuffle up, fall down - same thing).
  • Badgers like to run around the sides.... but this one is contemplating doing the Beacon race this year. Tri stars could always do it and swim Earnslaw quarry?
  • Over and out from this Badger for another week x
  • Will have a look at this Beacon jobbie then. If it's all downhill, I'm in!

Right, I've earned a pocketful of monkey for another day - I'm off too.
  • Hmmmm, nothing wrong with Worcester Joggers (that changing the name and becoming affiliated wouldn't put right...)

You just *have* to do the Beacon Race...Mrs CH and I will be there as it's our anniversary race...even though it's FoD Duathlon the next day...
  • mornin fellow listeners,

just returned form the wilds of the north (yorkshire that is), Ok CH when do we start the coup? I don't care what I'm called as long as I can save money on race entry. Can't really join any other club when one meets less than 200 metres from my house can I?

any way how about some culture like golden brown by the tweenies
  • Charlie, gooooood morning (and to the rest of Worcestershire too!)

Saw your round robin email re pub run, have circulated my offer to stage one 'up our end' if you're interested, let me know...

Will email you off-line later re the matters of which you speak...
  • Morning DJ and all listeners. Everyone feeling sprightly this morn?

(No tea or buns fromm BB yet so elevenses will be on hold).

Had a look into the Beacon race - sounds great. Decided to enter, until I realised that it was the day before the Cardiff half (the Beacon is on the 8th, right?). Two races in two days? - maybe - but not a fortnight after the Angelsey Marathon (for which I'm a little under prepared!)

Charlie - you're only 200m from where the Joggers meet? must be just down the road from me (unless you mean either straight up or straight down).

Are the Joggers still doing longer runs on Sundays? I could do with that even if I can't get to the others.

Music for today - Chris Rea's "On the Severn Beach" please?
  • Wickett,

yeah as far as I know sunday runs are still going 8:45 from perdiswell. Distance varies from 10 to 15 miles.

My current domicile is on the Blanquettes estate ( or beechwood park if you're feeling posh).
  • Gooooooood afternoon peeps and everybods!

And what a morning it's been at the toof factory, 43 names on the list BEFORE LUNCH...if you treated a dog like it, the RCPCA would prosecute....
  • Methanks Charlie - must try to get to one of them (although early Sunday is bike time - can't have Crashie leaving me for dead on the bike front!).

By 'just down the road', I mean that as a subjective term (or rather - the mrs says I'm wrong). Fernhill Heath (far end of). I could be further away, I mean, what's a short distance on the A38 between comrades?

Any of you chaps do the long runs?

Crashie - if you could get a dog to write a list of 43 names, you'd be sat on a gold mine; the RSPCA need never know!
  • Wickett, fernhill heath ha! a mere stones throw.

I was doing the long runs but haven't since about April due to a slight case of PF, but its improving so I will be back
  • Sorry chaps and wickett in particular, I was sitting in foils at the hairdressers at elevenses time.

Will gin and canapes do instead?
  • ASBO-lutely, as I now say...

Found some lovely sloes while out running on Monday.....

And now, 'Live and let Flyford Flavell' by Paul McFrogchorus, Guns and Roses and Rolf Harris...