Radio Worcestershire

Comments

• Ah - but this is typing, not talking!
  • musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭

Feet nibbling is the latest thing.

There is place in Bristol where  you can get your feet nibbled in public (by little fishes)

• Jeff is a fish, Musky! image
  • Ant - so there you have it. For an extra couple of hundred quid you get the privilege of being tied to iTunes, better looks (in the eye of the beholder, and the latest Samsung Galaxy is a pretty slavish copy) and possibly a better Facebook app (never compared them myself). They also seem to be favoured by girls and TT. image
  • I've just had a very un-interesting conversation which I can't talk about either
  • But you bwere nowhere near a railway at the time?

Mr B, have the wheels arrived yet?

Min, Jeff would be very good at it, he certainly nibbles my arm when I've got it in the tank...

• musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭
    How do you know is someone has an iphone?
    Because they tell youimage
  • I waited 45 minutes to have a conversation but the other person didn't show, so that was quite an uninteresting conversation as well.
  • I got an interesting email from a person who has his own Wikipedia entry. Does that make him famous? Does that make me more interesting by proxy?

Nicely summed up SVT. I think for the purposes of phones, TT and I have swapped genders. Although y phone is sort of pink.... I'm almost ashamed of myself.

• BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    Sorry bout that .. called away urgently...

they're here!.... Planet X model Bs... white to match the bike and my Fizik saddle....MMMMM
  • BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    I'm stroking my rims!
  • Muppet.

I'm alone in my office, with not much to do for the next 20 mins.  I doubt there is anyone on my floor of the building.  I'm considering doing some crunches.  Or dancing.  It seems a waste of privacy otherwise.

Flyaway - you could have an entry on to Wikipedia, if you wanted to.  Its not ever so hard.  So no, you can't have interesting by proxy, especially if you haven't named names.

• Oh.

He used to have his own TV show too though. But that was the 80s, and things have moved on since then.

I think you should dance, Wotsit. The other day "Grace Kelly" came on my iPod while I was in Sainsbury's and I forgot that no-one else could hear it. I thought they were all staid and dull, cos no-one else was dancing in the dairy isle.

I'm considering getting some new wheels. Mostly because Dave at the bike shop has still not sorted out my blue-to-match-my-Cyfac wheel decals, so they dont match. But I might have trouble justifying that to the only person who earns any money in this house.

I ran, it was hilly, it rained, i have very slightly tweaked my left calf which is likely to drive me back onto my bike tomorrow. When fortunatley, it is forecast to be sunny. Although I dont completely trust the weatherman, because I dont think he has all that much control over the weather.

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

I HATE not knowing what people are talking about and that they can't share.

Would said people please message me with ALL details immediately.

I have to know EVERYTHING.

Grr!

(terminally nosey, me)

• Evening all

Thanks for the info.

• Evening all, hope you're enjoying the rimming Barkles.

Another vote for HTC from me. Had an iPhone, it was perfectly adequate for what I used it for but I found Apple quite rextrictive in terms of what you could download. You can get an iPhone and have it jailbroken so you can download from Android, but that invalidates the warranty.

• Next question. How many Mb/month is usual to use?

In other news I have found I will save at least £40 per month on my commute by driving nearer to 60mph than 70 and it only costs me 3mins in commute time per trip.
  • And a queue of 50 people behind you image

Nice rimming, Mr B!

Yay to Worcester Warriors getting promotion back to the Premiership!

And WMS, please will someone tell me wtf is going on? image

• You can't even go that fast most of the time image

Yes, Worcester can look forward now to getting thumped regularly next season.
  • Evening all!

Ah well just to confirm the stereotype I love my iphone but I'm sure that the android phones are just as good - but it's the only "gadget" that I've ever wanted so my completely gadget-mad husband was happy to oblige - I'm sure if the andorid phones were that much better when I asked for one then he'd have made me have one of those - but that was 18months ago and things have moved on image

Today I haven't been that grumpy at wok but then the government finally (after 6 weeks) provided me with the final figures upon whic I can base my April-August budget!!  Just as well we don't rely on them for providing realy important information and figures image

Ant - I used to drive with the lorries on the inside lane of the M5 - got quite used to it!

Barkles - nice wheels!
    Wotsit - did you do any crunches???

Right, there is a spider walking around the desk on the office - it keeps appearing and disappearing amongst all the junk that is in here - it's quite distracting.....

• Or wait for a bit for I-phone 5?

New bike come last night. How ever could not build it as I had to build 2xTT bikes in time for the club race night. Under pressure? I will now offer my skills to pro teams image

• Nice to see Worcester back in the top flight. My Dad used to take me to Moseley when they were a decent team. I went to the Sam Doble memorial match at The Reddings when Moseley played The British Lions. Now they're playing on a council owned pitch on Billseley Common, Moseley that is not The Lions.

Ant, when I got my Android phone I was told that you'd have to use colossal amounts of web time to get near 500MG. T-mobile used to offer 2GB packages but cut it down to a 500MG standard package as no one ever used that much. Whether that was a sales pitch to con me I don't know, but I've never gone over.

• Morning all

Ant - 60 is defintiely the new 70. Or, in my case, 70 is the new 80. I let the cruise control handle the legalities.

And I was on a 500MB package with Orange and never went over, despite using the phone a lot more for web-based stuff than actual calls.  Mind you, that's probably because most of my more data-intensive stuff (downloading podcasts etc) was done at home over WiFi.

It's been a couple of weeks now and I do miss my HTC. But I'll miss it less when I've got an extra £30 in my pocket next month. image

• I'm a girl and I don't like my iPhone. Gosh. I feel like I'm in a circle of like minded addicts....

Nice rimming Barkles. Not a sentence I say/hear terrifically often!

I hope you danced, Wotsit - as you say, such a waste of privacy otherwise.

I have a new weights program so am looking forward to being toned and honed. Or somat.

• Morningimage

I haven't got an iphone/andriod....but there is always hope......took me years to get a laptop.image Barkles......Stop stroking them and put them on the bike. Yeh!!! image

Ant......think everyone will be driving less than 60mph with the cost of petrol going through the roof.

HL.....well done on being patient with the government.

Am afraid i have an admission.....i haven't been very *in control* of my feelings on 2 occasionsimage. The first.....i got a parking fine...for parking in Halfords Car Park...whilst i shopped in Halfords. Because i was in the shop for longer than 30 minutes, i was fined by TPS who control the carpark for them. However after a phone call to TPS and a trip to Halfords it was sorted.....but i won't be shopping there again. My 2nd WTF..was yesterday. My Dental appointment for the 4th May was cancelled because the lab was behind due to Easter holidays, however i was to keep 19th May appointment. I was hoping that today i would be walking away with a proper smile, albeit temporary to iron out any issues for the real thingimage. But a phone call yesterday saying the lab was still behind left me stomping my foot....jesu...they'd better be some awesome bit of equipment to warrant such a delay. Next app. is June 2nd.....image

• musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭

Morning All

Normally get about 300 miles per tank in my Fiesta but on the last tankfullI got 360 - helped by a 160 mile round trip to Reading at about 55mph. I also now make sure that I get all the acceleration (within reason) out of an accelerator postion before changing gear.

• I'm definitely becoming a bit of an MPG obsessive. Round town it's all stop-start, up to 60-70mph and back again very quickly, so despite my best efforts at going slowly I'm averaging about 40mpg.  Out on the motorway it's a different matter - one one 120-mile round trip, with 50mph speed limits, I did over 70mpg.

• Just checked the official figures for my car - 51.4 around town and 76.4 'extra urban'. Seems like I've got a way to go yet. I don't know how you could possibly get those figures in the real world.