• Options

3294 or a total inability to spell...

• Options

3293 - The forecast is threatening to be dry, this just isn't on.image

• Options

Ant - but you've got your Achilles issue in early just in caseimage

Crashie - well done on the selflessness and never mind re the spellingimage
  • Options

Ant same here, only it takes 5 mile warm up for me...perhaps a few loops of Stormont  before the race might sort it...image. Best Wishes for a good run and hey brill weather, cold, dry and sunny...can you save it for me as well please. image 

Mr Hamster sire, what a wonderful gallant display of true.....erm true gentlemanly behaviour to save a damsal in distress and a set of lungs proabaly also in distress,.  image. Dont worry about the spelling, put it down to double vision after all your hard work. image

Evening HL...thank you for comiserations regarding Achilles..I suspect its doing this because I always run well 'under pressure'...*under pressure* and *in pain* are two different things...someone please tell my Achilles. image 

• Options

Page 2!!!

Snowdon went ok. My achilles were sore to begin with so took it easier than I would normally have done. There were 35 of us in a lodge in Tremadog and apart from getting limited sleep it was a good weekend away. Oh and we had blue skys all day.image

And now for the Slog. image

• Options

Well done on enjoying Snowdon Ant. take it easy with your Achilles. Unfortunately I have had to inform my Team Captain I cannot run...yes its that bad. imageimageimage 

My GP was trying to fast track me to see the Consultant for an injection, he agreed, but bookings said I would ahve to go through Out-Patients first to see him...in 2 weeks time....NO...my Race is in just over 2 days time. Will be 12 days too late....image. But at least I will see him 6 months sooner. image Than I would have.!!! image Devestated would be an understatement. image 

Meanwhile I ahve been Aqua Jogging...the scenery isnt very nice or interesting, deep end of a swimming pool just isnt the same as running through the countryside, but at least its warmer. image Then after an hour Aqua, I go for the hour of messing my spine up by swimming...Yeeeouch!image 

• Options

Ant - well done image

Lexi - ouch image
  • Options

Morning All....image 

So tired today; big mistake last night....I have a summer duvet 4.5 Tog, I have a Spring duvet (normal use) 7.5 tog. As it was cold.....last week.image Yesterday I put the 2 together to form a winter duvet tog....nice and toastie...SOoo Toastie...I couldn't get off to sleep image. Heyho, at least I know if it gets really cold again I will be warm.image. My bedroom is the one place that becomes mega cold in the winter. I have concrete rafters, must be the only property in GB to have them, however it means I have a freezer in my loft space during the winter...brrrrrrrr!!! 

• Options

Morning gentlefolk!

Slog for me on Sunday, though Squish is out as her knee's bad. Won't be hanging around for a nice warm shower and a pizza, though. I love that race!

Lexers, sorry to hear you couldn't run your inernational; that's rubbish. Hopefully they can get it sorted out soon.

I am dieting and training; managed to lap my 9 mile loop in 8 min miling yesterday. Base training has obviously had some benefits! A bit more of the same then lose a stone in weight by 1st September and I should be in decent IM shape. May even have a crack at a marafun in the spring...

• Options

Crashie - well done on your training and dieting

I am at college - working very hardimage
  • Options

Best Wishes to Squish Crashie. image 

Oooh IM next year....which one? Am Marshalling Manchester Marafun next year in April...again. Hopefully the weather will be kinder to competitors and marshals this time.image 

HL....You are always working hard, both at home and work. I hope your school appreciates what you do. image 

talking of college, I am looking at an OU Course...just looking mind...image. Just looking. image 

Am still going to Belfast, my 2 friends are coming with me. I felt terrible letting them down, but its turned out better, as they had always wanted to see the Giant Causeway and the Titanic Museum, so we are sightseeing. Am going to get my monies worth....standing on a wet field watching others race and feel totally demoralised won't do me any good, as much as I wanted to support, I would end up crying for the rest of the weekend. So will have spent money i cant afford to sob....can do that (have done that) in the comfort of my own home/quiet gym/car/surgery.....yes a tad upset about it all.! image 

• Options

Oh ((Lexi)) - I'm sorry that things haven't worked out but hope you do enjoy the sightseeing and time away.
  • Options

Not sure I could spectate if I was unable to compete (Gizzy did a good job of it at the Severn Ultra, mined ewe)

• Options

Spectators should get special awards

I have finished college for today but have homework.
  • Options

Just poppin' to say hi!

• Options

What ho, Minners, how goes it?

I am dieting; I have now lost 4lb; yay me! Racing weight, here I come (eventuallyimage )

• Options

Morning All....image 

Well done on the weight loss Mr. Hamster. image Go Man Go...!!! 

belfast was awesome once I had stopped sobbing. My Club Captain had taken my place in the Welsh Team, she came over to chat when we arrived at the hotel. Really nice lady is Alison. 

Giant Causeway...superb...Mr Hamster will send you some photos via email. Bushmill's Distillery..hic' wasnt exciting apart from tasting the honey whisky...mmmmm! 

Sunday was the Titanic Museum...double Awesome...a place you must visit if you like economic & social history (for me it was the ideal place). Spent nearly 3 hours inside. Visual and videos were atmospheric. The walk from the hotel to the musuem was lovely' through Belfast City Centre and along the river front. My weekend wasnt actually a Titanic disaster, the tours and visit was my lifeboat. image 

• Options

My Sodbury Slog almost sunk below the waves (of mud) not long after the start. I lost a trainer in a foot of mud which took what seemed like ages to find. I think I was last before I found it, extracted all the mud and managed to redo the laces. Still it was good fun at the back for once.

• Options

Sounds like you had a good time anyway, Lexers!

Ant, that is a work of comedy genius image

• Options

Ant - please say there are photos image

I have been audited. Today I am at college. I need a stiff drink!
  • Options

Afternoon All

was it your shoe you retrieved from the mud Ant?

Very busy here hence not much posting (or running) I now have a trainee/ assistant to help me out.

Off to Weston super Mare soon for the 3rd Prom of the series

• Options

I wasn't sure at first image

I haven't seen any photos fortunately.

• Options

Alright dudes? How's life in Worcsetershire?

• Options

Hope our North Walian listeners are ok.

Sorry for not posting much

• Options

Greetings Worcestershire-ites.

wtf has happened to the forum layout? have we gone all retro? I remember when all this used to be fields, albeit covered in water and rather moist underfoot!

• Options

3270, aye, 'appen you're right.

I have been entering races; 2x 10k, a 7.5 miler (NTRIX, for those wot know) a couple of 1/2Ms and an M. I discovered that the Leamington 10k was going to cost £23, so didn't go for that one. £23 for a 10k? On which planet is that acceptable?

I am a racing machine, albeit one with a cold.

• Options

Not sure why the numbers, but I'll play along!

I have also entered a race, thought I would enter something that would scare the life out of me or scare me into training. It seems to have worked!

Is that half marathons & marathons Mr Hamster or 1/2IM's and an IM?