Wesham 10K

2»

Comments

• No problem folks
    Very enjoyable
    Huge success as far as I'm concerned
    Beer tasted particularly good afterwards.

Full results are now available at www.weshamroadrunners.com or wwwukroadraces.net

See you all at Freckleton next June.
  • What a great race, well marshalled, well organised and an absolute credit to Brian and the Wesham Road runners club. My brother didn't make is as he got injured, but both myself and Simon finished in good times.

Thank you very much
  • Fab! We both really enjoyed it. Excellent course, really clearly posted and marked for diatance, and lovely marshalls. And the etched glass was a brilliant idea.

Brian - sorry I didn't identify myself, I've only just read the posting.
  • Thank you Carl and Stepford wife
    I certainly slept better last night.

Thank you to all those weho have rated this race on Runers World

• Does anyone know the site, where the pics from this race are going to be published?
  • Hi Sean

The photos were taken by Steve Bateson.

His web site is www.runningpix.co.uk

I know he said he would have them up within a week of the race, but he is very busy with his full time job.

I've emailed him to ask when we can expect them.

as soon as I know, I'll post on here
  • Cheers Brian.

Didnt know whether i was looking in the right place. I seem to remember that they were uploaded quite soon after last years race day. Thanks for the info, I now understand the reason for the delay.

Take care.

Sean
  • I've had an email from Steve Bateson.
    He's had a very hectic week but has said he'll get the pics uploaded tonight.
  • Hi folks
    The pics for the race are now on www.runningpix.co.uk and excellent they are too.

Many thanks to Steve Bateson for coming along to take photos. I hope you'll buy lots.

My particular favourites are of runners 300, 299 and 298 running together and clearly having a great time.

My least favourite? The one of me - I look like I was up too early!!

Enjoy
  • You don't look too bad for, what was it, 4am? I do remember you making a very frightening noise as you passed the camera - that's me right behind you in the shot!

I think you can see it looks like I'm enjoying the performance!
  • It was just after 4am when I gave up on the idea of trying to sleep the night before the race.

Did you beat me Marcus?
    A lot did!!
  • I noticed you were a bit slower this year Brian - but I only came in less than a couple of minutes ahead of you.

I bet you'll go a lot faster next year when you're enjoying a well-deserved break from Directoring duties!

Just been reading some of the comments on the WRR site - well deserved if you ask me. It must be great to get such positive stuff from "outsiders" - and I'm sure you've taken both the profile and standard of your club event forward in leaps & bounds over the last 3 years. I will miss your performances on the PA system at the prizes though.

• Cheers Marcus
    I've been running REALLY well since the race! No pressure, just nice, relaxed and FAST running.

The comments are most welcome. Deserved? That's for others to decide, but they do give me immense satifaction and a feeling of a job well done.

Sadly, I didn't get rid of all the duties attached to the race, so you'll be putting up with my random wafflings on the PA again next year!

Onwards and upwards - I'm changing the Freckleton Half Marathon course for June 2006, so I've just got it to measure and do a huge risk assessment. No rest for the wicked!