Breast Cancer Karaoke

(message also posted on General)
Hi folks,

I've decided to live up to my nickname and run the 26.2 miles of the London Marathon singing all the way. It combines my two hobbies: running and music.

I've got an mp3 player and a microphone hooked up to a set of amplifying speakers that will be "welded" to my torso.
I've tried it out and it is quite stable.
The biggest problem is trying to breath and sing at the same time without building up too much of an oxygen debt (I do it on my long runs but never done it for 26.2 miles).

Running for the Breast Cancer Campaign and just set up my web site

www.justgiving.com/karaoke

This is not a plug for sponsorship (but feel free). Thought some of you might want to have a laugh at my legs and constipated expression during a recent marathon.

I think this is a novel idea, going to give it a go anyway since it's London and I've got a charity place.

Puting together my playlist at the moment but will include the usual Karoake and mass participation classics (running themes included).

"Who Let The Dogs Out" - Baha Men is primed up just incase Sue Barker decides to interview me :)

As Gloria Gaynor once said "I Will Survive" but maybe only just. Could get set-upon by some irate music lovers.

Any thoughts and words of encouragement/outrage gratefully received.

KARAOKE PACER

Comments