Charity sponsorship (Shelter)

Help. I didn't get a place in the ballot and I applied to Shelter who just today have told me that I need a min of £1,700 to take part. I can't raise that amount in time. Has anyone else had the same experience and can anyone recommend a solution?

Comments

• Have you tried MACs? I am running for them , They only ask you to commit to £800 minimum sponsorship. The charity supports children who are born with no eyes or very small malformed eyes. A very worthwhile cause. It may be wirth trying them to see if they have any places left. Raising sponsorship is a big task i ran for asthma last year. Carboot sales, are a great way of boosting funds ,if people are unable to help financially, ask them for unwanted household items. carboot sales made up £500 of the £200 total I raised last year. So far I have raised £300 from carboot sales for this year.Also write to local stores asking for a donation of items and then make up a draw. Give all friends and family a sponsor form and ask them to take it to work, it really is surprising how quickly money adds up
  • Sorry , total above for last year should say £2000
  • Try Victa they only require 750.00.
  • Not sure if PSP still have places but they are asking for the lowest minimum I've seen £600. - you've probably seen the thread about fundraising ideas - good advice from all there.

If you have a good reason to run for the charity or a good network of friends online it is possible to raise lots reasonably quickly. Desmond raised over a grand online in under a month www.justgiving.com/pitbullukrun

Good luck

Free sponsorship webpages for the Lonodon Marathon.
  • Mecca

I'm running for Colon Cancer Concern who I registered with via Crunch. The only problem I have is that I don't think they are registered with justgiving.

Is there any possibilty that justgiving could allow users to set up a page that would allow people to us online and transmit the money into a bank account of my own. Obviously the charity would have to confirm that we were running for them etc. etc. Alternatively do know of any other solutions to this problem?

I was thinking of setting a page up on my own website www.badlytrainedmonkey.com and taking the money via PayPal but by the time I get round to it the marathon will probably have been and gone.

Thanks
    Starkas
  • Hi Starkas

If you could send me an email requesting what you outline below I'll be able to get in touch with the charity and see if we can get them on board.

All the best

Mecca