PHAB

1424344454648»

Comments

• Well done to all - I had the predicted disaster, which was only to be expected missing 5 week's training and running with an injury. Ran 3:45:30, which is respectable given the preparation, but the splits of 1:37 and 2:08 tell the tale!

Had horrendous cramps in both legs from about 20 miles, so ran, walked and stumbled my way to the finish.

Have decided not to run on a charity place again (doesn't mean I won't raise any money, but you feel obliged to run if you're at least walking!) - had I been on the ballot or a club place I'd almost certainly have deferred this year and run when the preparation is right.
  • Lesley

What number where you 43293?

If so you are on the highlights

• Hi everyone

Well done to you all!

Race went well was hoping for a sub 4 hour and to run all the way and achieved both objectives with a time of 3 hours 58 and 53 secs!

Got a grin like a cheshire cat still on my face and apparently I was spotted on the TV at 12.50 when bob the builder was being interviewed!

I am not sure what was the sweetest - crossing the line or the pint in the pub soon afterwards!

• Hi all

Phil he was more worried I was going to stop off at Surrey Quays shopping centre with his credit card. I'm sure given my dreadful time he'll be checking the statement carefully when it arrives!!!

Dean yes it was me, I'm afraid.

Does anyone know who the beer glass was he was running with a Phab Kids Vest pinned to the back???

Not come down to earth yet, what a day!
  • Hi all

What an amazing day and so emotional! Got a huge lump in my throat when I saw Tower Bridge looming over me and I knew my family were on the other side. Turning into the Mall and seeing the finish is something I will never forget. Thanks and well done to all the runners I met along the way, including Fay running for Phab.

I was at the start with Becki, also running for Phab, but lost her quite early on so if you are on here Becki, would love to know how you got on.

My finish time? 5 hours and 22 minutes which I am elated with. Having been injured for vitually the whole of March I was worried that I may not even get to the start let alone the finish.

Next year? Bring it on!!!!

Kate
  • Yes Lesley he did mention you, shopping and credit card all in the same sentance now you mention it.
    Legs still a bit stiff today and back in work tomorrow taking my medal in with me.
    Have been looking at the FLM photos of me. All the ones so far are just as I crossed the finish line would really like one just before the finish line when I had my hands in the air waving like a madman. There is 17% uploaded so far so fingers crossed.
  • Well done everyone - sounds like you all had a Phab time

Really pleased with my own time of 3:38 despite a 10-minute toilet queue and stop at 24-25 miles of all places!!!

Sadly didn't get to meet any of you, but was with you in mind if not in body.

Thanks for making the process leading upto the day itself so much easier.
  • Hi all. Everything went well for me, until mile 14 when my right calf started playing up, was on target for my 3:30, had to back off a bit and did 3:50. Bit peed off but still a very good weekend. Well done everyone.
  • Hi Kate, Fay here. Were you the lady I met at the start near the toilets?? If so it was lovely to meet you and well done.

I had a great first time, but couldn't believe how hard it was. Seemed much harder than any of the training I had done, but the crowd were fantastic and really kept me going from mile 15 onwards when my knee went. Eventually crossed the line in 5hrs 32mins, which I was really pleased with.

Want to do it next year now....isn't it funny how you forget the awful bits and all the times when you were thinking 'never again'!
  • Hi Kate yes it is very strange how we only remember the good bits I hated it from 8 mile to 20 and then quite enjoyed it as I knew I was going to finish. It was my fourth one and am thinking I would like to do it again! Mad or what. Next time my ambition is to do training and marathon injury free!!
  • Kate / am i last.. hello! sorry i lost you, i did 4:58 so really really pleased! you did great too! in fact everyone did! i made a point of saying hello to lots of PHAB people, at times it was more a gasp and wavecos i was having trouble speaking, but yes, if you were tapped on the shoulder and greeted with a hello Phab it was me! :-)

my ankle really hurts now... it was twinging last saturday but i convinced myself i was paranoid... hmmm... it were'nt in my head pbviously!

i really did not like 18 - 23, but you know what... i'd do it again in a heartbeat and i'm not ashamed to say i sobbed when i got my medal... i was welling up getting my photo done then say the boyfriend and we both lost it! right pair of bawling wreaks!!

well done everyone... we are marathon runners... bring on '07!

bec x
  • Anyone for Cardiff on 15th October?
  • Yes Crazy bee, i will do it again in a heart beat too and can't wait for next year!!!

i wish i had met you crazy bee, what happened, i thought you were going to meet up on race day
    along with bugbabe and diane??

you did brilliantly 4.58 is great!!

i did 6.40, had so much muscular pain at the back of my thigh from 9 miles and struggled to get to the end, i power walked most of it!!!
  • 15th of october is my birthday, dean!!

already doing GNR is anyone doing that???
  • Yes I am doing the GNR. Did it last year 1st ever half.
  • yes doing GNR 7th one I think. Still trying to do it in under 2 hours but fail every year!
  • Hiya - Yes to GNR - will be my 5th I think.

Everyone seems really pleased with their runs which is good and looking forward to next years FLM. Its addictive!!!

• Hi everyone,

Just popped on to say well done to you all on sunday. What a fantastic day it was, and im already looking forward to next year!!
    I managed to get round in 3hrs 43mins and although this was more than the predicted 3.30 i am still over the moon with my first marathon.
    Im in for the GNR so maybe meet up with some of you there.
    Is there a thread started up for the GNR yet??
  • i don't there is thread for gnr yet, john, well done on ur time, that was fantastic, am looking 4ward to next year too and can't wait!!
  • Go to events and you will find a thread for the GNR 2006.