Pirate UK Training weekend

There is some chatter about a Pirate training camp in the sun over in Lanzarotte... but true Pirates aren't afraid to face the british weather :-)

If people are interested I'll sort out a weekend training camp at a UK Youth Hostel - dates and location to be decided.
Suggested locations so far are Scotland, Lakes, Peak district or Wales - narrows it down a bit!

Will try and find somewhere with decent hills to cycle and a nearby swimming pool, and reasonable transport links.

add your name to the list if you are interested in coming along with any location and date suggestions.

Lindi
Smithy

Comments

• Ferret
    Lindi
    Smithy

Are we thinking cold weather winter hack bike weekend or slightly nicer weather and race bikes?
  • I'd like to think nice weather... but would be best to be prepared for anything!

• Maybe you should be on the La Santa list Ferret
  • Keswick? oooo - could you bring me back some cheese?
  • Ferret
    Lindi
    Smithy
    XFR Bear
  • Lakes sounds good to me, as long as the weather is bad.
  • Kendal Mint Cheese??
  • no, silly. Keswick is famous for its cheese market - I've been there, and jolly smelly it was too.
  • Cheese, mmmmmmm I love cheese. At the moment in my fridge I have some Canadian mature chedder, some english medium chedder, some chedder with pickled onions, some five counties and some mexican chilli cheese.
  • Ferret
    Lindi
    Smithy
    XFR Bear
    Carl

We spoke about this earlier this year and were going to have a weekend in Wales (remember). Everyone forgot and nothing happened.

Im up for training any time providing I can fit it in with other stuff.

Are you planning this for this year? or thinking maybe April time?

There are already UK training weekends we could just latch onto, your swim coach is part of the organisation of one Lindi.

• Is it worth going all the way to another town to train when you can ride up and down your street.
  • Ferret
    Lindi
    Meldy
    Smithy
    XFR Bear
    Carl

cheap and cheerful ... thats me :-)
  • you stay at home then Barley and we'll tell you about the lovely time we have :-)

re dates - autumn or spring or both
  • Spring is better so I have a fighting chance of getting some training in !!!
  • Calm down, I was just doing a Smithy and Candy...
  • Why dont we camp?
  • SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    <awaits all the erection jokes again>
  • I had heard you didnt need any practise on your 'camping'
  • Meldy - I think you are missing the point of a training weekend - it is to do the training, not to be trained for!
  • oh you know what I mean .... I want half a chance of keeping up ;-)

we used to hire an old village hall in the Peaks when we went hill walking ... just a lot of floorboards and a kitchen but it was excellent fun, specially the ghost stories at night!!! wasnt far from Keswick ...

• Any time anywhere, I'm easy!

Ferret
    Lindi
    Meldy
    Smithy
    XFR Bear
    Carl
    Don One
  • Guys and gals, ladettes and ladyboys, I have posted a new thread (because it gets attention that way) regarding IM Germany accommodation. It's about a group booking with the Jugenbergenthing Youth Hostel, so if you're interested, please take a look.

Thanks, and sorry for posting on multiple threads.
  • Ferret
    Lindi
    Meldy
    Smithy
    XFR Bear
    Carl
    Don One
    Gumps.

I love Wales, but a long weekend central would be great in spring or evan Jan/Feb
  • Ferret
    Lindi
    Meldy
    Smithy
    XFR Bear
    Carl
    Don One
    Gumps
    IR
  • Yay, something in my price range!

Post-Christmas is best for me - like Meldy, I want to get some more training in beforehand

And I'll have to see if I can find a bike rack for my car.

Ferret
    Lindi
    Meldy
    Smithy
    XFR Bear
    Carl
    Don One
    Gumps.
    Norma
  • or a car rack for my bike
  • Sounds good

Ferret
    Lindi
    Meldy
    Smithy
    XFR Bear
    Carl
    Don One
    Gumps
    IR
    DTs

I will be coming up the rear with Meldy as I'm very slow on the swim and bike and only slightly quicker on the run.
  • Sorry Norma

Ferret
    Lindi
    Meldy
    Smithy
    XFR Bear
    Carl
    Don One
    Gumps
    Norma
    DTs
    IR