How far round Richmond Park

If you run on the cycle/ped path round Richmond Park how far is it?

My map's so old it doesn't show the new path.

Thank you

JJ

Comments

• annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    in an old copy of runnersworld they measured it with a jones counter, and made it 7.25 miles
  • Annajo

Thanks for the info and for saving me from single post infamy :-)

I'm glad I didn't try and run it in the snow, I thought it was only around 6 miles.
  • WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    Walked part of it last Thursday and much of the path was underwater, necessitating detours. Saw three female runners head off towards Ham Cross from Robin Hood gate and they returned after seeing how far they'd have to swim. I imagine it's now covered in scenic but slippy snow and ice.
    If it's 7.25 miles that makes me happy as I thought it was a bit less, for some reason.
  • annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    anyone know how is it around petersham? i am doing a cross country there on saturday!
  • annajo - are you doing the surrey league on Saturday? If s I'll see you there!I have no idea what the park will be like though... probably muddy by Saturday...
  • annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    Spans,
    yes, looking forward to it (no really!)
    What club do you run for? Im running for Epsom and Ewell. Hopefully Ill see you Saturday

anyone else running?
  • I am not running, but where are people running in Petersham? I live in Kingston - are you talking about the Petersham up the road? If so, I'm always on the look out for new races...

thanks
  • Chris, the Surrey League cross country is being held in Richmond Park this weekend, the ladies race starts at 12.30 and the mens at 3pm. I think you might have to be a memebr of a club to run, but it is proabbly worth turning up at the start if you are interested. The start is near the White Lodge Carpark.

Annajo, Yes I'll be there running for Ranelagh
  • Mike19Mike19 ✭✭✭
    I've read in a couple of places that the Richmond Park cycle track is 7.3 miles which ties in with what others have said. If you take the path that runs down the side of the road from Richmond to Roehampton gate as a short cut, it brings it down to about 6.6 miles. Unfortunately it doesn't miss the biggest lakes that appear after the rain. According to my physio walking/running on water isn't good for the quads..... back running Sunday
  • Surrey League eh, might come down for a nose around/do the spectator bit for a change. If you see a dubious looking skinhead lurking about, its probably me...
  • annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    how did people find the cross country league? I found it quite a nice run out, fairly easy course apart from the patches of ice. A girl from my club fell over and banged her head, so I stopped to see how she was, and spent the rest of the race alternatively worrying about her and trying to catch back up to where I was! But it was a good day apart from that, just about made it as a scoring member of my club's Bteam!
  • I too enjoyed it as a run until I completely ran out of energy and had to do the last half mile on a empty tank... apparently I looked like I was in pain - strange that seeing as I was!!

Annajo, good to see you at the start, sorry I didn't manage to catch up with you after. Sorry to hear about your club memeber I hope that she is okay.