Options

St Peters Brewery Great East Run

2»

Comments

• Options
    Great race, fantastic organisation - probably the best I've experienced. Well done to all the marshals and scouts who were very helpful.

The wind was strong, but I didn't think it was too cold - my gloves came off after a couple of K's, so can't have been too bad.

The course was testing wasn't it, especially the short but steep hilly bits at the end! At least the u-turn was on a short stretch, so the people coming back the other way weren't running too much faster than me - not like an out and back route where the leaders come sprinting up the other way!

Beer went down a treat last night as well!
  • Options
    Saving mine until my legs don't hurt as much! Yes, very impressive organisation. I didn't warm up until 20 minutes in and was probably wearing too many layers later on as I got quite sweat chilled towards the end in the wind, could really have done without that. Brilliant experience but just how do the leaders run it that quickly? As it was double my usual distance I was really just hanging on for the secound 10K and 12-15K really hurt, even though that was one of the flattest parts of the course. Is was in 118th at about 11k (family came to watch). I must have lost more than 30 places before the finish, that's soul destroying but I suppose it's all about pacing yourself for the total distance. Take your point about the out and back and the last 600m is just not funny.
  • Options
    I thought it was a brilliantly organised race. Very impressed and will certainly consider it again next year. Thought the course was good but agree that those hills at the end were a bit of a killer. thanks to the fab marshall at the 400 to go who lied through his teeth to tell me I was looking good! Still put a smile on my face and pushed me through to the finish.

Had a lovely weekend up in Suffolk/Norfolk!
  • Options
    I agree the organiation was fantastic. The runners I was with and me were all cursing the course in the last 500m, that was evil!! I'll look to try and do the half-marathon that they're putting on in April.
  • Options
    Anyone know when the results are due to be posted?
  • Options
    I thought the organisation, and the facilities availbale were fantastic. Yes, the course was challenging, especially that cruel finish, but that makes it even more special when you look back and see what it is you've just done. The marshalls were excellent, and so was the support, especially up that finishing straight. Just waiting to see my official time and place.
  • Options
    Results are up people!!!
  • Options
    Wey-hey, I came 2nd in F35 category. Didn't expect that!
  • Options
    Congrats Freemers! That's terrific.
  • Options
    well done to everyone who took part glad i am not the only one who found the second 10k quite tough. a thoroughly enjoyable event though. well done to the organisers for getting the results sorted very quickly & for the excellent soup & beer at the finish
  • Options
    I found the first 10km to be tougher which I then actually ran a negative split. I beat my pb that I set here 2 years ago by 15 minutes despite the slower first half.
  • Options
    15 minutes! How on earth did you manage to knock 15 minutes off your PB in two years. Conditions weren't that conducive to a fast time either, that's brilliant!
  • Options
    Fantastic event, my first ever 20K. Organisation was great but can't comment on the support, everybody had gone home by the time I came in. At least I beat the guy's pulling the car tires, but not by much!
    Role on next year.
  • Options
    I had lost some more weight and done a lot more training since I did the race 2 years ago.

There seemed to be a lot of photographers around the route. Does anybody know if they where for a local newspaper?
  • Options
    I know that the local camera club were out taking pictures so that might account for the large number of snappers around the course. We are supposed to get a picture of us crossing the finishing line as part of our entry - not looking forward to seeing that much, I was knackered at that point!
  • Options
    apparently the last 35 photo's were sent out last night. I was missed off theresults list! must have wizzed past the time kepper to fast.